+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sync error in MP games

sync error in MP games

Hi was wondering what i can do about this in all mp games be it on lan or internet i get sync error (i use a dell laptop 64bit operating system with win 7). iv used wired cable and wifi but same result. None of the other computers in the game get this sync error only my laptop and im sure its not the connection as i can play other games multiplayer with no problems. What can i do to fix this as its pretty random during the game somtimes can go for a while yet somtimes happens strait way as game get unpaused.

WATLAH ! Paradox Support Rep
    61 games registered

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaAncient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne
    EUIV: Art of War

The only known cause of OOS in the game is playing hordes (steppe nomads). Aside from that, it pretty much does have to be a problem with your connection or your PC.

Have you confirmed all required ports are open in your firewalls? What happens if you host? What happens if you play from somewhere else, like a friend's place?
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death .... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. Bertrand Russell

I have the complete version installed no one is playing as hordes un happens at my house and round my friends but my friend don't have the problem just me seems bit odd its just my laptop that it happens to on wired connection or wireless and at my house or my friends. thou other multiplayer games work fine. un not the ports as i can get into the game with my friends fine.
    Last edited by Cypher000; 30-07-2012 at 11:21.

61 games registered

Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaAncient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

OK, so if it happens on your machine at your friend's place, and it works fine for him there on his machine, it can only be a problem with your machine. You could check for an updated lan card driver.

Have you tried being host? If you have the slowest machine that would be best (that way the others can keep up with you easily).
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death .... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. Bertrand Russell

ok cheers ill check the drivers for my lan card un will try it me hosting see if that makes it better =] also i read on forums that clearing map cache and double restart help to stop sync errors was wondering if there any truth in that do u know (thou guess wouldnt do any harm to do it as well)

61 games registered

It's sure worth a shot. Just delete the whole contents of the EU3 /map/cache/ directory, run the game up, exit it, and run it up again - make sure the checksum is now right.

just an update on my problem i actually managed to fix the problem first i tried updating the lan/internet card driver in device manager but this didnt work but i did notice that there was also windows virtual drivers there as well so thought id update that as well and after updating both virtual drivers it worked fine even on high speed and on wireless so it was the windows virtual driver that was coursing the problem (damn Microsoft lol)

61 games registered

Brilliant! Great to hear and thanks for reporting back, it will help us help others.

61 games registered

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher000 View Post
    just an update on my problem i actually managed to fix the problem first i tried updating the lan/internet card driver in device manager but this didnt work but i did notice that there was also windows virtual drivers there as well so thought id update that as well and after updating both virtual drivers it worked fine even on high speed and on wireless so it was the windows virtual driver that was coursing the problem (damn Microsoft lol)
    I was just thinking about this. Looking over my Win7 machine, I don't see a "windows virtual driver" for the Lan card or anything else. Can you clarify what exactly you updated to fix this issue? It may come in handy. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread