• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
militia_zpsf89352e8.png

The state of the world in September 1940:

IC levels (with AI bonus for everyone but GER):
Axis(883/584):
-Germany: 719/479
-The Roman Khanate: 164/105
-Norway: 0/0
Allies: (979/594)
-Catalan Commonwealth: 636/381
-New Californian Republic: 343/213
Comintern: (1222/780)
-Ethiopia: 444/260
-Kongo: 494/330
-Punjab: 140/97
-Russia: 144/93
-Portugal: 0/0
The Japanese Empire
-Japan: 390/267

Last edited:
Japan peaces with the Axis and the Allies and subsequently drops out of the Comintern.
Russia accepts African demands of vassalage and betrays its allies in Frankfurt and New Byzantium.
The Kaiser was not very happy with their previous allies in Ryazan and with the help of American Armoured Corps invade Russia proper. A single German cavalry division and a Catalunyan Panzer division manages to encircle all of Ukraine, and about 90% of the entire African Expeditionary Force and Russian Army, for a few weeks before the Comintern broke the undefended encirclement.
Ethiopian and Kongolese High Command doesn't seem very impressed so far with the performance of the Russian Militia Corps.

When once a troll always a troll.

Indeed, no one could ever be bothered to read KoM's walls of text, that is well known.

Anyway, what happened? The peanut gallery is starved of information!

"Tends too" is the words I used not "always".

Big happenings! Japan drops out intending to switch sides; the International Solidarity Movement (also known as being fully isolationist) prevents joining any alliances. Russia switches sides! German and Spanish troops slice deep into the Ukraine. African landings in Rome fail!

Falador turned out to be an untrustworthy ally? Say it aint so, Joe! :eek:

Last edited:
Japan peaces with the Axis and the Allies and subsequently drops out of the Comintern.
Russia accepts African demands of vassalage and betrays its allies in Frankfurt and New Byzantium.
The Kaiser was not very happy with their previous allies in Ryazan and with the help of American Armoured Corps invade Russia proper. A single German cavalry division and a Catalunyan Panzer division manages to encircle all of Ukraine, and about 90% of the entire African Expeditionary Force and Russian Army, for a few weeks before the Comintern broke the undefended encirclement.
Ethiopian and Kongolese High Command doesn't seem very impressed so far with the performance of the Russian Militia Corps.

Russia is a vassal of Africa? Is that what actually happened or is it just a little exaggeration on your part? Why betray the very nations you're surrounded by?
Also, Japan is becoming one of my favorite nations. Go Falador!

When once a troll always a troll.

If I'm a troll then what is Anders? Tzeentch?

I am supporting the Mongol Khanate, just because King of Man is the only one of you that seems to write AARs I enjoy reading.

Though that Heart of Darkness gameplay + history AAR was pretty good, Kongo.

Falador turned out to be an untrustworthy ally? Say it aint so, Joe!

Not per se, as You basicly say, yea we all trusted Falador to either a) Squiwell out the moment things gets too heated for him or b) Backstab us in the most inconvidient way,
So against those expectation I think Falador acted most honourably and trustworthy way :)

But what actually happened was that ever since I came to the play, me and Blayne had been planning of him switching to the cool kids side of the fence. As the war in croatia begun Blayne insisted that he wasen't ready yet but I thus offered him this possibility to switch sides via pupettisation which he agreed and sold to us that with his army against undefended German flanks we could seriously harm german existence.
(He didn't mention that this army was 90% militia) Jodokus in other hand was lusting to just attack russia proper, not use it as a flanking, but this compromise suited for him as well.
Despite blayne not actually beeing able to join us in the session, we managed to pull this stunt, even when Dano (playing California on the enemy side) ghosted Russia with his laptop (And did good job of keeping things uncompromised and neutral at least from our point of view)
But Blayne's troops were militia...
militia.... you shouldnt even call militia as a "troops", its more like angry mob running (slowly) around and raging over various issues.
So me and jod needed to bring all our armies to fill the front line.
Naturally this took "too long" and Catalunia managed to fill the caps. As expected Catalunia and Germany tried the classical "encirclemnt snake" trick, but it wasen't that succesfull (Apparently in AoD, the units own stockpiles actually made it so that our troops didn't went out of supply at all of the little time they were cut from Moscow) Regardless, our attack turned into defence, and once the snake was cut with Ethiopian tanks (and russian militia raging and raving near by whithout any military effect) The situation in that regard was allrigth.

I forsee that this flanking did not do anything to fasten this war and like my earlier report indicated, togther the IC of Germany and Catalunia is just too overwhelmingly large that I doupt we can turn this any more into our succses. Once it comes to the game of who can pour more troops to the front, it doesent need any degree to see who is going to win.

Wait, are Jodokus/Golle initiating a global war against superior enemy... How surprising.

Anyway the IC disparity is not that ovewhelming yet. Especially if Japan decides to throw their lot with Comintern although why should they when they can watch the world bleed. (Go Japan).

How are MP/resources? Are KoMgols running dry?

Wait, are Jodokus/Golle initiating a global war against superior enemy... How surprising.

yes together with blayne not building proper troops and having all of his army intially in otherside of the globe. !!

mmm.. yea indeed it was, I had completely forgotten that we had so much brothers involved in that campaing

Not per se, as You basicly say, yea we all trusted Falador to either a) Squiwell out the moment things gets too heated for him or b) Backstab us in the most inconvidient way,
So against those expectation I think Falador acted most honourably and trustworthy way :)

I'm shocked, shocked to find backstabbing going on here!

You forgot ME ??!

well mixed you to your brother, but as a twin you propably are as customed to it as I am with jodocoon ;)

I'm shocked, shocked to find backstabbing going on here!

I think the moment where you start work your strategy and planning according to expectations of backstabbing, the entire fun and thrill of the whole deception gets somewhat flawed...
kinda sad, but kinda so descriping of this campaing.

But what actually happened was that ever since I came to the play, me and Blayne had been planning of him switching to the cool kids side of the fence. As the war in croatia begun Blayne insisted that he wasen't ready yet but I thus offered him this possibility to switch sides via pupettisation which he agreed and sold to us that with his army against undefended German flanks we could seriously harm german existence.
(He didn't mention that this army was 90% militia) Jodokus in other hand was lusting to just attack russia proper, not use it as a flanking, but this compromise suited for him as well.
Despite blayne not actually beeing able to join us in the session, we managed to pull this stunt, even when Dano (playing California on the enemy side) ghosted Russia with his laptop (And did good job of keeping things uncompromised and neutral at least from our point of view)
But Blayne's troops were militia...
militia.... you shouldnt even call militia as a "troops", its more like angry mob running (slowly) around and raging over various issues.
So me and jod needed to bring all our armies to fill the front line.
Naturally this took "too long" and Catalunia managed to fill the caps. As expected Catalunia and Germany tried the classical "encirclemnt snake" trick, but it wasen't that succesfull (Apparently in AoD, the units own stockpiles actually made it so that our troops didn't went out of supply at all of the little time they were cut from Moscow) Regardless, our attack turned into defence, and once the snake was cut with Ethiopian tanks (and russian militia raging and raving near by whithout any military effect) The situation in that regard was allrigth.

I forsee that this flanking did not do anything to fasten this war and like my earlier report indicated, togther the IC of Germany and Catalunia is just too overwhelmingly large that I doupt we can turn this any more into our succses. Once it comes to the game of who can pour more troops to the front, it doesent need any degree to see who is going to win.

Hilarious! And quite true, even from the standpoint of yours truly - though of course I disagree about the IC part. The strategic situation favours you at this point - until Falador gets off his lazy, Isolationist ass and starts properly conquering some Ethiopias.

so... the Allies are ACTIVELY helping the Axis? ..weird!

Even better, the leader of the Axis, Germany, is Communist.