• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Indeed they are, at least until the late game when they start using reasonably large stacks (but obviously you'll have more than 30k by then).

--

To everyone else: It's not about luck, or being really good at the game, or having other countries fighting them, etc. The golden horde uses sub-30k stacks. Let them assault a province to drain the morale from their infantry (so that only their cavalry are doing anything) then wipe the stack. Repeat. Same way you can easily do stuff like, say, beat Bohemia+Hungary+TO in 1399 with Poland on 25kish men.
What's stopping them from moving 3 more stacks into that province while you're hitting the first one though? They keep >50% cavalry so you're not wiping it day one, and thenat least in my experience with the Horde, I'm staring at 60k troops spread into 3-4 stacks - hit the first one, and the other three come in to help, so even if you win the first battle your army gets spanked by the other stacks.

What's stopping them from moving 3 more stacks into that province while you're hitting the first one though? They keep >50% cavalry so you're not wiping it day one, and thenat least in my experience with the Horde, I'm staring at 60k troops spread into 3-4 stacks - hit the first one, and the other three come in to help, so even if you win the first battle your army gets spanked by the other stacks.
Nah, you gotta let them spread out. In todays session I fought the GH through pewts tactic. Since the provinces in Russia are stupidly big you can charge in, wipe one stack and retreat back behind scorched territory before the other stacks finish sieging. You might lose a province or two but in the big picture that does not matter.

If they are already busy sieging your other provinces they won't break the sieges unless they are scared away by larger stacks.