+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heavy beam turrets do not fire on a Morringi LV.

Semper FiVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Heavy beam turrets do not fire on a Morringi LV.

Hello, anyone encountered that? I have just researched Morrigi LV and tried it in the weapon test, but heavy beam turrets do not fire at all. Is it a bug?

The test firing range does not allow movement, and the test range targets are quite small compared to a live-fire hostile CR. If the heavy beam is mounted even a little off the LV centerline (as with Morrigi), it cannot strike the tiny target and will not fire in the test.

Last I heard, this was not bugged. (Knock on wood!) A larger target or freedom to move should remedy this in battle.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIMajesty 2
    Semper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Foamingjetty View Post
    The test firing range does not allow movement, and the test range targets are quite small compared to a live-fire hostile CR. If the heavy beam is mounted even a little off the LV centerline (as with Morrigi), it cannot strike the tiny target and will not fire in the test.

Last I heard, this was not bugged. (Knock on wood!) A larger target or freedom to move should remedy this in battle.
    That's not entirely true. Once you get Grav Cannons, firing them in the weapons test will pull all ships, even LV's, out of position (or at least that was the case last time I played ~4 patches ago).
    "Computers are like old testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy." - Joseph Campbell

+ Reply to Thread