• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Breyer

First Lieutenant
43 Badges
Aug 7, 2009
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Cities: Skylines
Hi all,

Usually when mass occupying a country, it continues to build troops in provinces that have enemy troops on top of them. Once they get built, they are instantly destroyed because of the 0 org. I used to think this didn't really matter in the long run, but I noticed that over time this can have a significant impact on a countries military capacity for future wars.

Shouldn't the AI cancel constructions in provinces that have troops occupying them? Incidentally, it would be nice if the AI for a human player country did this automatically, because I forget sometimes and lose troop too =(

If you watch the population of that area it drops steadily as their troops die too. This is a good way for the AI to use up its whole soldier pop and screw itself for the immediate future.
I imagine a country being invaded, and one general is like " We're being invaded! Set all our troop barracks on fire with the men still in them, that'll show em!".

If you watch the population of that area it drops steadily as their troops die too. This is a good way for the AI to use up its whole soldier pop and screw itself for the immediate future.
I imagine a country being invaded, and one general is like " We're being invaded! Set all our troop barracks on fire with the men still in them, that'll show em!".

or they're dying from guerrila warfare that is partly simulated by attrition

This is why one should not refer to AI. Artificial Intelligence implies that it can learn and adapt and change tactics based on previous game play. So call it a CO for Computer Opponent. It is more reasonable.

This is why one should not refer to AI. Artificial Intelligence implies that it can learn and adapt and change tactics based on previous game play. So call it a CO for Computer Opponent. It is more reasonable.
We all both that everyone is going to call it AI regardless of how true it may be, as it is stuck in our collective minds. Don't fight it.

Well yes. I'm not saying the computer should be smart enough to figure out on its own that it should cancel those constructions. I'm saying there should be a code written in to stop the constructions. Seems like it'd be simple enough.