• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ashanti, the opm pagan with no fort next to mali
however your savior is that you start with a single spy, wich you can use to distract mali and conquer them
IrGKA.jpg

yep, that's 8 mali regiments on the picture. rebels as sub-saharans are a bitch
after the war I broke the truce and attacked again, the rest of mali defected thanks to the OP rebels
o1IYW.jpg

I4Ew6.jpg

there you go, that's how you play as the hardest sub saharan nation! Enjoy colonial conquest after this!

Last edited:
I think it might be chimu,you start as a opm,very low income,extremly low manpower,almost no land discovered so no colonization,incas get a mission to vassalise you.Even if you survive the incas by getting an alliance,theres no way you can beat them and theres absoultley no way you can survive when the europeans arrive.

There are a number of OPM nations that are regularly subject to day 1 DoWs like Epirus. Some of those are in worse positions due to lacking forts. As Epirus your best hope is that France quickly DoWs Provence dragging Naples in due to the PU. Once that happens you should be able to get some sort of peace agreement with them.

Other fairly hopeless nations include Pskov, Yaroslav'l, Chimu, and Bar...

Among European non-OPMs I would say Ryazan is probably the most hopeless. Obviously sub-Saharan and American natives have major survivability issues as well.

A friend of mine annexed Pisa via Excommuncation Cb in 1405 with Bar and formed Italy later on.

Epirus
Or chimu

With epirus you have a chance of surviving,VERY slight chance but you have one,with chimu you have no chance,even if you survive incas europeans will destroy you.
Not necessarily, after all, if people can survive with the Incas, they can survive with Chimu.

I still believe that Arakan is the most difficult, though.

you can seize provinces ... AI won't do it :D
BTW , if you can survive that , by the time the euros will find you it'll be almost the same as if you started as incas ...