• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

raahoj

Captain
29 Badges
Apr 4, 2004
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
I was in a war with portugal in 15xx and I had a colony they just capped it and took it for them selves whats up with that?

Casus belli , is that what the game is about now wait for a reason or make a reason to make war then attack without the stab cost?

Infamy my biggest problem its around 30 all the time and its getting tire some to attack countries wipe them out and only be able to get 2 provinces per war because they cost 4 infamy or so each province. How do I get the ability to take a province that costs less infamy? I know vasalised countries that you annex only cost 1 per province but it takes forever and its unlikely in the best of times. Do I just have to be lucky to get some random event that gives infamy reduxtion for some reason?

How am I ever going to get the hole world concorreded with these problems?

Colonists how to get more? Im France and only got 2.2 per year , same problem with magisters 2.85 atm and I could atleast use double of these numbers to build and expand my country.

Thx in advance for your replies

I was in a war with portugal in 15xx and I had a colony they just capped it and took it for them selves whats up with that?

They seized your colony. Any colony that is not yet a fully developed city can be seized in a war, all they have to do is occupy it. You can seize it back if you get troops over there

Casus belli , is that what the game is about now wait for a reason or make a reason to make war then attack without the stab cost?

Partially yes, and partially because they reduce infamy costs when taking provinces from other countries. For example, with the holy war casus belli you can take provinces away from heathens for 1 infamy per province instead of 4.

Infamy my biggest problem its around 30 all the time and its getting tire some to attack countries wipe them out and only be able to get 2 provinces per war because they cost 4 infamy or so each province. How do I get the ability to take a province that costs less infamy? I know vasalised countries that you annex only cost 1 per province but it takes forever and its unlikely in the best of times. Do I just have to be lucky to get some random event that gives infamy reduxtion for some reason?

Using the right Casus belli, getting a border dispute event, as well as some other events let you take provinces for less than 4 infamy. You can also hire a diplomat, build an embassy, or take the cabinet NI to reduce it quicker.

How am I ever going to get the hole world concorreded with these problems?

Practice, and abusing the holy war CB

Colonists how to get more? Im France and only got 2.2 per year , same problem with magisters 2.85 atm and I could atleast use double of these numbers to build and expand my country.

Only way is national ideas and having coastal cots. You can also get a border with a horde country, as that will give a small boost.

also whats the limit to the size of the country I can vasalice I have conqured great nations but if they are size 7 or more I cant make the vasals.

Whats the limit and why?

how do I seize a colony where is the button? Also in my own provinces I can make my army scorch the land but why cant I do it in enemy areas?

You can also hire a diplomat, build an embassy, or take the cabinet NI to reduce it quicker. What do you mean take the cabinet NI to reduce it quicker?

What country is a horde country, my colonial range is low so getting around the world in late 15xx is hard atm.

how do I seize a colony where is the button? Also in my own provinces I can make my army scorch the land but why cant I do it in enemy areas?

You can also hire a diplomat, build an embassy, or take the cabinet NI to reduce it quicker. What do you mean take the cabinet NI to reduce it quicker?

What country is a horde country, my colonial range is low so getting around the world in late 15xx is hard atm.

For seizing a colony, you just have to move one of your armies into the province. Unfortunately, after your competitor has seized your colony, they usually move some settlers into it quickly, so that it grows over 1000 people and is no longer a colony. Very annoying.

He is talking about the National Idea (NI) called Cabinet that becomes available with government tech 30. So it is probably still a bit in the future in your present game.

Hordes are mainly found in the vast steppe regions of Asia. The diplomatic options are merely non-existing towards horde countries, so that one must conquer and colonise their provinces to get rid of them.

also whats the limit to the size of the country I can vasalice I have conqured great nations but if they are size 7 or more I cant make the vasals.

Whats the limit and why?

You can make any country a vassal that has under 100% warscore when you're making peace. With the subjugate casus belli it lowers that by 50(?)%. It's just a matter of how many provinces and how valuable those provinces are to the owner.

What version of the game are you playing, before you try to go border a horde. That only works in divine wind.

set colonist size to 400 in pre-game options menu. expanding your SoI will give you up to 2.5 magistrates per year extra. keeping your BB below 10 should allow you to get plenty of cardinals, reducing your BB by up to 1.5 per year if you are catholic. go to EU3wiki.com and read the reference guides to CBs and diplomacy (PU/inheritance) to learn how to conquer provinces for minimal BB.

You can make any country a vassal that has under 100% warscore when you're making peace. With the subjugate casus belli it lowers that by 50(?)%. It's just a matter of how many provinces and how valuable those provinces are to the owner.

What version of the game are you playing, before you try to go border a horde. That only works in divine wind.

im playing devine wind, but I took all provinces from switzerland and had 100 warscore but they would not accept my peace offer of vassal ship, so I had to cap a few provinces and get ducats etc very annoying

set colonist size to 400 in pre-game options menu. expanding your SoI will give you up to 2.5 magistrates per year extra. keeping your BB below 10 should allow you to get plenty of cardinals, reducing your BB by up to 1.5 per year if you are catholic. go to EU3wiki.com and read the reference guides to CBs and diplomacy (PU/inheritance) to learn how to conquer provinces for minimal BB.

isnt 400 colonist size cheating? , and how will I get expanding sphere to give more magi? bb/infamy below 10 :( boring game I want wars all the time. but thx for answer

Well, 400 colonists isn't cheating, per se, as it's in the options

I can understand wanting to wage war al the time, but sometimes you need to cool down for a while

To expand sphere, just clikck on a small nation near you, and in the diplo options, select it.

isnt 400 colonist size cheating? , and how will I get expanding sphere to give more magi? bb/infamy below 10 :( boring game I want wars all the time. but thx for answer
colonist size is the same for everyone, not just the player. there are ways to constantly wage war and conquer territory without gaining much BB-the wiki guides i mentioned will teach you how to do this, increasing your strategic options and making the game more interesting....