+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Conservatives not voting for reforms

Conservatives not voting for reforms

I am playing a game as Austria and my mil is at 7 and rising and the jacobins have 500k members and 100% revolt risk but conservatives still won't vote for political reforms. Is this a glitch in the game or am I misunderstanding a certain mechanic? If its not a glitch any advice would be good to! Thanks!

Lt. General
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

The worlds biggest town in the middle of nowhere
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesesalsa View Post
    I am playing a game as Austria and my mil is at 7 and rising and the jacobins have 500k members and 100% revolt risk but conservatives still won't vote for political reforms. Is this a glitch in the game or am I misunderstanding a certain mechanic? If its not a glitch any advice would be good to! Thanks!
    The more militancy you get, the higher the percent will vote for reforms, you probably need more liberal, or have far too many reactionaries,

IIRC in PDM it's not about MIL, but about whether enough people want any reform whatsoever - if they want landed voting, you can pass minority rights reforms instead and if they want child labor abolished you can pass health care.

Quote Originally Posted by moldeh View Post
    IIRC in PDM it's not about MIL, but about whether enough people want any reform whatsoever - if they want landed voting, you can pass minority rights reforms instead and if they want child labor abolished you can pass health care.
    OK so if there is no specific reform movement conservatives won't vote? There is no large suffrage movement currently just lots of jacobin rebel members, so would that make sense of why no conservatives are voting for reform?

Edit: actually just looked and there is a 300k suffrage movement so never mind previous comment

It's an AHD thing (and thus APD), actually. Movement support has to be over a certain point - if it's not there, your country could be falling apart and nobody'll do anything about it. The movement's target reform doesn't restrict what you can pass (except I think slavery), but IIRC passing a reform actually increases mil for pops supporting other movements (or at least for pops supporting movements with more support than the one for the reform you passed).

If you don't have any movements active, there's nothing you can do but wait for the uprising.
    俺はMEIOUずきだ。

In AHD vanilla with enough MIL you can pass whatever you want.

I've played a game in AHD without APD just to test it out and I thought I figured out how movements worked. In that game as Prussia I had a huge suffrage movement and then the conservatives would be willing to pass political reform of any kind which is how I thought it should always work. Whats strange here is i have 300k angry suffragists and the conservatives are 100% against reform.

Edit: I played slightly ahead and the movement has reached 400k members and finally 10% of conservatives are backing reform, I remembered it not taking such a huge movement to get things going but maybe I'm remembering wrong or its a APD thing. Anyway, thanks for the help guys.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club

the conservatives are brave..... I'll give them that
    "In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy." - Fran Lebowitz

We ditched the MIL thing as it means that in vanilla, militancy is a good thing... which was retarded. Movements in APD are also slightly less powerful than in vanilla.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

I already pass reforms like crazy in APD, can't imagine how easy it must be in vanilla.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club

same. Once your conservatives start voting for reform I pick the least popular reform first and work my way up to the most popular. Really quite easy
    "In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy." - Fran Lebowitz

+ Reply to Thread