• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SpikeBoyBebop

Recruit
78 Badges
Sep 5, 2009
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Darkest Hour
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • March of the Eagles
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
soo ive been attempting to sphere egypt and several other nations but have come into a problem. the problem being that every great power seem to spend all there influence on preventing me from even generating influence. i've went from being cordial to hated, discredit and banned (constant banned) almost at the same time, all awhile Britian is friendly and very close to to sphering Egypt. I don't know if its just me but it feels like the A.I. will do everything to prevent me from doing sphering a nations, your thoughts?

The brits have the highest score. Higher score means more influence. If they have more influence, it's pointless to keep trying. They'll keep your influence down and then lock you into a ban cycle. You need better tech or to be next to them for the 50% bonus to fight that.

- Gaining a border (or being a nation with a capital in the same continent) helps. Conquering nearby nations to gain a little border may be worth your time, especially if your opponents don't border it. Keeping enemies from bordering it also would help, but is probably trickier.
- Technology can help.
- Good relations with Egypt can help (at least in AHD, iirc).
- Rebellions can be really helpful, but aside from war there's not much you can really do to destabilize Egypt.
- Don't gain too much influence too quickly. You don't want to be the biggest target for everyone to ban/discredit/decrease influence/expel - you want to always be the second biggest target, or even less of a target. Don't disturb the status quo too much. Gain influence slowly, especially if another nation is getting close to having enough influence to decrease influence or ban (you may even want to stop influencing Egypt at all when they get close). They'll choose to use their influence on stopping some other rival if you're behaving yourself - then, when they're drained, you can continue to build up your influence.
- I've seen suggestions before to try to quickly gain influence in another state they are trying to influence, forcing a response from them there (thus making them have to devote more attention to those states because of the loss of points they used discrediting or banning you).

It still won't be easy, though.