• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(7173)

Sergeant
Jan 5, 2002
Visit site
To get a sense of the game, I started the grand campaign as the USA using AHD.

Aiming to industrialize with an economic policy of interventionism, I have been very surprised at how difficult it is to get factories built. (A test game I played using the random mod, vanilla Vicky 2 with a fictional country and state capitalism, the capitalists were filling up all my factory slots within a very few years.)

I have no taxes on capitalists, low taxes on middle class. I have a national focus points supporting armaments and wood industries in my two largest provinces, NE and NY. I have quite a few unemployed craftsmen in NE.

About ten years have gone by, and they have built railway level one in the north, followed by railway level on in the south. There were a couple project started to create pretty non-useful industries in the south -- which would be pretty ahistorical. But not a thing north of the Mason-Dixon line, and nothing in the industries I have been promoting.

Is this a common situation to go on for a decade? Is there something more effective I should be doing?