+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why can't I recruit cavalry?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome Gold500k club

Why can't I recruit cavalry?

I am trading horses from the Rhoxolani to one of my new provinces that I conquered from Illyria (iron <-> horses). I can actually recruit mercenary cav and horse archers, also normal velites. But I can't recruit "normal" cav and HAs. Does anyone know why that is?

Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the Arcane

Have you waited the month it takes for the trade to get going?
    Still playing EU:Rome? Might check out my litte Rome mod

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Mercenaries are only drawn from neighbouring provinces (so probably Scodra, in this case), so they aren't as a result of your trade.

Most likely you haven't waited long enough, or one/both of the provinces are suffering from a naval blockade. I suspect that there are some pirates around...
    EU: Rome, the way it should have been.
    Europa Imperialis Map Mod v0.1d

If the others haven't said it enough : have you waited the time required? Or are you trying to requit in a different province that doesn't have this.

Rome Gold500k club

Hm, maybe I haven't waited long enough. I'll check that. But there are no pirates - not in MY Adriatic Sea :-P

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: Warband

But are there pirates (or any enemies) blocking the Rhoxolani port? You won't be able to see them directly without sending a reconnaissance fleet, but you should be able to see whether there is a blockade in effect around the port.
    EU: Rome, the way it should have been.
    Europa Imperialis Map Mod v0.1d

Rome Gold500k club

I checked. It wasn't pirates. I just had not waited long enough. Now, I can build HAs and CAV.

I had not been aware that the mercenaries you can recruit depend on the resources of the neighbouring provinces, which do not belong to you. So, I could get the cav because of the horse resource in Scodra.

+ Reply to Thread