• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

allycat

Corporal
12 Badges
Jul 23, 2012
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • King Arthur II
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Sengoku
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
I started as the Duke of Lancaster, plotted to kill my brother and successfully inherited his lands. William the Conqueror took over England then died, everyone rebelled when Robert inherited so I saw it as a chance to become independent. Everything went successfully and now I'm independent, however, I still cannot change the inheritance laws to primogeniture because it says England needs high crown authority/complete crown authority. But I'm independent, doesn't that mean I am no longer part of England? So why am I still bound by their crown laws?

What's the point in declaring independence if I'm still bound by crown laws?

I'd rather not kill, banish or make my second son a bishop. Nor do I want to give lands to my heir since I don't trust him not to screw up and I like the amount of tax I'm getting by holding all those lands....

the only thing about independence is that you don't pay taxes or supply troops to anyone above you, and you don't have a liege who could potentially steal your titles.

you are parte of the de jure kingdom england so england's rules are affecting yours. The (roleplaying) reason behind this is that you still connected to the english culture, so you have the same laws, even if you are indepent. There are many other benefits for being indepent, but crown law isnt the reason for being indepent. Just accept that your people used to have gavelkind etc as one of their cultures...

Man, how many "OMG I AM NOT PART OF ENGLAND WHY DO ENGLAND'S LAWS AFFECT ME WTF" threads are we going to see? It's been six months...
technically more, since we've been getting these threads even BEFORE the demo :laugh:

Man, how many "OMG I AM NOT PART OF ENGLAND WHY DO ENGLAND'S LAWS AFFECT ME WTF" threads are we going to see? It's been six months...

Well the people being new to the game is not in the obligation to know what posts had been made here in the past months; some noobs may post question that had been asked tons of times before, perhaps some people should do a research but not always is that simple without the proper keywords. Paradox games are complex and you need practice and help from the forum

If you don’t help ignoring them is an easy solution you are not obliged to read them all 1000 times if 1000 times are asked.

The point of declaring independence is that you can't create a title of the same rank as your liege already possesses. This means that if you want to create a kingdom, you cannot be the liege of a king already. You also cannot swear fealty to a different liege until you are independent.

Now you should try to usurp the Kingdom of England. If you can't, perhaps the Pope may be able to help you in getting a claim...

Lancaster vs England, audacious. And is the main point of declaring independence right? :) To usurp your previous liege's title.

Well the people being new to the game is not in the obligation to know what posts had been made here in the past months; some noobs may post question that had been asked tons of times before, perhaps some people should do a research but not always is that simple without the proper keywords. Paradox games are complex and you need practice and help from the forum

If you don’t help ignoring them is an easy solution you are not obliged to read them all 1000 times if 1000 times are asked.

Isn't this what the FAQ is for ?