• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I second the calls for impeachment of the President and resign form the position of Treasury Secretary. I can not support a President who refuses to respond to foreign attacks on our allies and our bases. We need a President who is committed to defending America not one who seems allied to terrorists. I call on all patriots in the Democratic Party to resist this defeatism and anti-Americanism from our President and all Republicans who are ashamed at what their party has become to join us in impeaching this enemy of America from the White House. Never has the biggest threat to American interests been in the White House itself. I stand in shock at the words of our President as I am sure 90% of the American people do as well. Only the extreme anti-American left and extreme right has ever expressed such views of American foreign policy.

Those who want to withdraw impeachment because of some secret back door deal should be ashamed of themselves. Sen Baker in particular seems to have turned on a dime. I wonder what sort of "deal" he has made to sell out his country. The President has decided to ignore attacks on our troops and is surrendering to our enemies and seems to state they are in the right. The American people will never accept these views.

David Campbell - Democrat and Patriot

I hereby appoint Senator William Christopher Cunningham-Baker as the Treasury Secretary of the United States of America.

Welcome to the administration, Mr. Cunningham-Baker! At least there a some sensible people left in the Senate.

The President's most recent proposal is sound, and though I would like to see American troops home completely, I think this is a leap in the right direction; of course the neocons and hawks want to impeach the President for doing the right thing!

I agree to the Presidents' foreign policy action, and hope both Republicans and Democrats alike feel the same way.

- William G. East (NC-D)

I support the presidents foreign policy, Although I advice that we continue to support our allies with increased foreign aid to prevent us from falling into total isolation.

Senator Neil, I can assure you that I will be increasing Foreign Aid to make sure our interests overseas are well funded. I intend on making America a nation that lives up to its ideals, and does not occupy foreign nations. However, I shall not watch this country slip into isolation.

When at first I read the President's statements in regards to the recent attacks in Waziristan and his plan to close over half of the forward military installations and bases of operations for the US Military, I assumed that this was some prank or very bad joke. However, now that I realize that Mr. Brown plans to capitulate the American position to the likes of Russia, China and perhaps even to Al-Qaeda itself, I am in shock. Mr. President, if you think shutting down the forward operations of the US Military - the best and most well equipped fighting force in the world - and instead attempt to simply throw money at the situation in hoping for the best, then not only are you mistaken, you are living in a land filled with fantasy. I whole heartedly and unconditionally oppose this policy by the administration. There is only one word that I can think of to describe this abdication of American Exceptionalism - Idiocy.

While I consider myself a realist and contemplative, Mr. Brown, you have given me no choice but to support the calls for your Impeachment. I call on the members of this house to draw up the necessary Articles for immediate removal of office.

Gentlemen, the President does this not because he wants to, but because he has to! The economy is crippling under the massive defense budget, which is largely allocated to maintaining our international bases! He isn't shutting them all down, he is just taking as much as possible! I am a traitor and a easy bought turn coat am I now Senator Campbell? You listen boy, I was fighting in Vietnam before you could walk, so do not lecture me on patriotism! I have seen war, and its horrors, and I am not going to let this country waste money and have our boys killed! The deal I made with the President was that he will not withdraw more than 50% of our bases in the Middle East! I love my country, and we need peace!

Last, I am afraid the impeachment will topple upon its own supporters, as the requirements for it is that the President must commit either Treason, Bribery or other misdemeanors, and I see none of those committed. So the supporters for it could either back down gracefully or make fools of themselves.

~William C. Cunningham-Baker, Secretary of the Treasury

Last edited:
Well said, Mr. Secretary; I agree completely. We must reduce our role in the Middle East, if not for the libertarian, antiwar reasons I have, then out of economic necessity. If we continue to build bases and invade nations, the United States will default on its debt.

As Secretary of Defence, and war-veteran myself, I can attest with a strong degree of credibility that we do not need such a large defence budget, and that the cuts that both I and the President have proposed will btoh protect America in the long run, and go a long way in reducing our debt and federal spending.

I would like to echo my Treasury Secretary's statement, and that trying to proceed with an impeachment trial, they must bring up a case of anything I did illegal to breach the Constitution, or some High Crime. The United States is at war currently, and I am the Commander-in-Chief, giving me full control over the Armed Forces, and I may use them as I see fit.

I fully support Mr. President, and wish to remind certain republicans that it is not their place to question the president about troop movements. He, and he alone, is our commNder and chief. I implore the Senators on both sides of the aisle to embrace these choices by the government. Now, I am not happy with all these base closings, especially in South Korea, but I am not the one who decides such things, as that is the responsibility of the President and tue SecDef. Please see reason.

Senator Cooper

I rescind my vote for the impeachment of President Brown. However, when all of our allies are being attacked and cannot defend themselves, us, you, and the American people will remember that you and you alone are at fault.

It is when the Executive decides that he and he alone has absolute authority in matters pertaining to the well-being and security of the People of the United States, removing any and all input from the People and their duly elected representatives that Liberty dies and society begins to crumble into a police state. Shutting the People and their legislative representatives out of such a major decision in national policy is tantamount to totalitarian repression and I will refuse to let this body descend into a rubber stamp for a president that wishes to control the people by executive fiat. When the people elected Mr. Brown as President, we hoped for a change from the secrecy and outright circumvention of the Legislature seen under the Obama Administration. It would seem now that Mr. Brown seeks to one-up the former President with such a radical shift in the foreign, military and defense policies of this nation.

I call upon all Senators to reconsider their votes in regards impeachment and charge the President of the United States with High Crimes and Misdemeanors. Mr. Brown has not only diminished the Office of the President of the United States, but failure to act in response to the clear acts of war upon the United States is clearly in violation of the President's Constitutional Duty to defend the people and interests of the United States. Charles Pinckney once said that impeachment is reserved for those officials who "behave amiss, or betray their public trust", I can think of no greater misappropriation of the people's well-being than the recent actions and policies invoked by Mr. Brown and his administration.

I would like to remind Senator Devereaux that the president is the sole commander in chief of our armed forces, this Senate has no authority to stop the president if he decides to reduce our role in the middle east.

May I also remind Senator Devereaux that public opinion is actually supportive of America withdrawing from the Middle East...people are simply tired of the death.

~William C. Cunningham-Baker, Secretary of the Treasury

America is the string that holds democracy together! While we hand our bases away, China grows stronger every day and we are turning weaker. I believe that our president is getting closer to unconstitutionalism. Our congress must make itself present against him.

While the decisions that the president is making are certainly idiotic and, some may say, unamerican, that does not make them unconstitutional. If President Brown wants to be a worse president than Warren Harding, that's his right.