• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Flammehav

Colonel
8 Badges
Sep 9, 2004
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
Starts up my game to play, but I can't connect. Anyone know how long until they are up again? I'm in a game where I want to get some achivements, but then I can't play without the connection or the save game wont count.

Also when 5.2 comes out, will you have to use that then to get the achivements and if so what about the games that you are currently in and that is started on patch 5.1?

Achievements will be disabled from 5.2 on, I'm afraid. An idea that didn't work out.

I don't know whether the Paradox Connect server is up or not but I'll note it's the weekend, so if it crashed it won't be fixed until Monday.

Yup but when you got kind of all easy-achievments that you can get, you easily goes back to cheating :D

Server seemed to go down just before I would have gotten the Sweden is not overpowered. Quite bothersome :p
Atleast I did get Vikings on each island in the Carribean before 1600.

Achievements will be disabled from 5.2 on, I'm afraid. An idea that didn't work out.

I don't know whether the Paradox Connect server is up or not but I'll note it's the weekend, so if it crashed it won't be fixed until Monday.

Not being able to get the server back up simply because its the weekend would seem like a contributing factor to why achievements did not work out...

it's been down for some day now is paradox connect being turned off already or what? Some notification from Paradox would be appreciated.. Does this mean the launch of 5.2 is imminent? Lets speculate!

Johan Andersson mentioned himself that achievements would be removed by version 5.2. AndrewT mentioned in another thread about technical difficulties in enforcing the achievements, no specific benefit of the Paradox Connect service, etc.

Regardless, it would be nice to hear definitively whether or not the server is down for good.

There's also the whole bloated saves thing (with regard to achievements being problematic).
That issue was a bug fixed in 5.1 though so not really relevant.

To bad I like it, even if it doesn't show up in game. + it was a good motivation to keep me from cheating :)

If you think it's a good thing to not cheat, not to reload etc, why would you do it? If you want a challenge from the game, you don't need achievements. Just play it with no reloads.

I have never found achievements worth my attention in any games, I tend to play after my own set of shifting goals. If I was to reload for every bad event or unwanted war, I'd find the game boring very fast.

I played EUIII so much that achievements is one of the last things I still wanted to do. Especially with my laptop from 2007 not being able to run newer games such as CK2 (which I heard was really good).

Could be the server has a serious problem and they haven't decided if it's worth fixing since they were planning to shut it down soon anyway.

Still how hard is it to make a notification that they are working on a problem or whatever. Blizzard entertainment is very good at notifying their community, I know you cant compare Blizzard and Paradox in terms of size and customers but still, how hard is it to make a post notifying the loyal Paradox community about what is happening to their product that we are using daily? I would be happy with a 'we are working on a problem'.

Last edited: