• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ah well, I guess there's no interest in the DIADOKHOI WARS SAGA... and seeing I've updated LUX to 0.2C... in anycase I will be posting EPISODE VI sometime today, because I keep my promises, and maybe a bit more then most likely get back to spending my time on modding.

THE LIFE AND DEEDS OF ANTIMACHUS:

EPISODE VI: THE RETURN OF SELEUKOS

Tatatataaaat...tatataatatata...taatatatatataaaaa.. . (EPIC MUSIC score here and opening crawl STILL MISSING - not to be implemented in a future version)
A long time ago...In a Kingdom FAR, FAR, away...

Rafha was conquered and many other things happened besides (but nobody cared)...and while this was going on...

A hunchback shade was looking on from that place some miscall "The Star of the Dead". This shade was very perceptive and so was one of the few who actually felt the universe shift and change slightly, as if updating itself to a new model...

"I feel...a disturbance in the Force." the Shade muttered.

A beautiful woman dressed in jeweled armor appeared out of nowhere and replied:

"Someone is bringing balance to the Force, father."

"Maybe...maybe so." the Shade continued: "Be a good dear, dear, and go fix that scion of ours... just go whisper Kyrene, Kyrene, Kyrene, or something in his ear...I am sure you know what to do... Oh and whatever else, DO NOT tell him you are his sister... pretend you're a princess of something."

"Very well grandfather." the woman says as she dissapears.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Some time passes and the hunchback shade watches on (with a rather tall dark shade protecting its groin just behind him).

"It doesn't seem to be working" the tall one mutters. "I believe some Force is strong with that one" he continues. "Maybe it's this Elohim bussiness."

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." the hunchback says, while the tall shade starts chocking for no apparent reason.

"As you can see my son, my powers are growing. I'm getting better at this Divine bussiness everyday."

He then lets the tall shade go, and the groin nursing man falls to the ground.

"Behold!" the hunchback cackles.

PkI5s.jpg

"Strato will make a good Hellen out of Ezrah in no time." the hunchback proclaims, as his son nods his oversized head.

"This boy might just be the Chosen One..."the shade mutters. "After all, the Signs are all there... He has an utterly ridiculous name too...and we all know the first prerequisite of Chosen Ones is utterly ridiculous names..."

His son agrees and Antiochus points:

F9oho.jpg

"My, my, this is priceless... I knew that Ptolemaios puppy would be useful in spite of her intellectual...deficiencies..." the shade beams. "Now, this needs my personal attention."

The hunchback shade dissapears.

nDp4h.jpg

"I'll be damned! He did it!" the tall shade mutters.

"You are damned, all of you!" a hissing voice interrupts him. The spectre wearing the Pschent, the Double Crowns of Egypt and holding the two Sekhem-scepters of power, (one for Seth and one for Horus) is back - and looks pissed - literally.

"Shut up Ptolemy" the hunchback says as he reappears. "We're merely placing your bloodline on its rightfull throne here...nothing more! That Ptolemaios queen of ours will make for a glorious new Cleopatra!"

"Do you think I'm a fool?" the Pschent crowned spectre bellows (quite unregally).

"No, no, just errr... obsolete. Go back to wathever part of the Force you haunt old man... and smile prettily, frowning does not suit you!" the hunchback beams.

The Pschent crowned spectre calms down and proclaims:

"You will regret thissssssss!"

"Now, now old man... Go on some damn fool idealistic crusade and leave us be...The Big Boys are playing here." Antiochus cackles.

The Pschent crowned spectre fades away, looking slightly blue as he does... Wings of falcons are heard beating but... more importantly...

Ominous Music starts to suffuse the "Star of the Dead"... and Antiochus proclaims in his most regal voice possible:

"SELEUKOS HAS RETURNED!"

And just as he says it, in the great agora of Antiocheia, the assembled Argyraspidai take up the chant:

"SELEUKOS! SELEUKOS! SELEUKOS IS WITH US!"

And Basileus.... errr... Sultan Antimachus of Syria and Nabatea, Most Unhellenic Supreme Autokrator of the Hellenes, Hegemon of the East, Spear of Elohim and so on and so forth... regally waves to them from the Royal balcony, (his eyes slightly unfocused) as a beautiful woman, decked in magnificent bejeweled armor whispers in his ear:

"GLORY IS YOURS!"

g5B85.jpg

Last edited:
EPISODE I: (what the... shouldn't this have been numbered differently?) THE PHANTOM MENACE

Tatatataaaat...tatataatatata...taatatatatataaaaa.. . (EPIC MUSIC score here and opening crawl STILL MISSING - not to be implemented in a future version)

As the Great War of the Diadokhoi is raging... Basileus.... errr... Sultan Antimachus of Syria and Nabatea, Most Unhellenic Supreme Autokrator of the Hellenes, Hegemon of the East, Spear of Elohim and so on and so forth... is completely and utterly focused on the conduct of the war, bringing his great contribution in wisdom and bravery to the cause... nothing else but the drive for complete and utter victory is on his mind:

XnLfS.jpg

"Salahaddin??? What kind of name is that Alexandros have mercy!" the tall shade cries, just in time to receive a vicious kick in the groin.

"I kind of like that name..." Antiochus says. "It's even more ridiculous than Ezrah, and that's saying something... namely... it would make a perfect name for a Chosen One!"

"And he is a bastard too..." Antialkidas notices. "I remember something about bastards and Chosen Ones I think... can't quite put my finger what the connection is but..."

"Shut up! I have some bussiness to attend to. There's a war to conduct here!" Antiochus mutters as he dissapears.

Cim7l.jpg

The great Agora of Kyrene is filled with joyous celebration! The Argyraspidai see to it, as they tend to gently poke the crowds with their sarissas into displays of wild enthusiasm:

"ALL HAIL USERKHAENRE MERYAMUN, CLEOPATRA XXX ALEXEIA! Queen of Kyrene, Trueeblood of Ptolemaios Soter, Hegemon of The Eastern Inner Sea, Pharaoh of Upper and Lower Egypt, Beloved of Horus, Shield of Apollo Helios, Light of Divine Wisdom!" (and so forth and so forth...)

fOLe1.jpg

"I have to say that Light of Divine Wisdom part might be a slight exaggeration..." a hunchback phantom mutters as he looks on.

The Pschent crowned figure, now slightly bluer than before appears...

"You bastard! You will..." he starts waving his two Sekhem-scepters of power (one for Seth and one for Horus - in case you forgot).

"Sorry Ptolemy. I have some business elsewhere.. But you be a good blue ghost and enjoy Cleopatra XXX! My treat!" Seleukos cackles as he dissapears leaving the blue spectre even bluer than before.

QL0AS.jpg

And on the "Star of the Dead"...

"By Alexandros's most holy and perfect buttocks! He did it!" Antialcidas shouts with utter and complete joy suffusing his every ethereal orifice.

"Of course he did..."his daugher smiles. "He's becoming ever better at this Phantom Menace bussiness... And take a look at this..."

XOYaB.jpg

"I think his menacing phantom...made a bit of a Fes...hehehe." Philippa beams.

"By Alexandros's even more perfect abdominal muscles! What the phantom Tartarus heck is this!" Antialcidas is speechless now.

"Remember her?" Philippa asks.

N39y6.jpg

"Oh yes, I've been wondering where she went... I haven't seen her around here." Antialcidas mutters.

"She's supposedly being entertained by 72 virgins in Paradise... notice she's Ghazi Islamic fool... although having 72 virgins to deal with... by Alexandros's even more perfectly shaped biceps (the right one) that should be one hell of a punishment instead!" Philippa snickers.

And as she's saying this...a ridiculously menacing Phantom appears between them...(it's hard to explain why this Menacing Phantom is ridiculous but mostly because it mutters Meesssa, Meesssa) In any case the Menacing Phantom coalesces into Antiochus, and he beams to his fellow spectres:

"I'm getting good at this Menacing Phantom bussiness..." he proclaims. "A bit of Meessa Meessa and that poor Abdul-Hazm bastard decided the afterlife might be a less crazy place... I'm guessing he could be wrong but anyway..."

Edessa was being conquered as Antiochus was recounting his Phantom Menace exploits... and as this was happening the Great Basileus (a Sultan no more, thank you very much!) Antimachus of Syria and Nabatea, Trueblood of Seleukos, Great Satrap of Fes and Arabia, and other Less Important Satrapies besides, Now Most Hellenic Supreme Autokrator of the Hellenes, Hegemon of the Eastern Inner Sea and Almost Hegemon of the Western, Still Spear of Elohim, (and so on and so forth) husband of Cleopatra XXX, Queen of Kyrene, Trueeblood of Ptolemaios Soter, Hegemon of The Eastern Inner Sea, Pharaoh of Upper and Lower Egypt, Beloved of Horus, Shield of Apollo Helios, Light of Divine Wisdom (and so on and on)... felt his very appearence had changed somewhat, his breathing had become ever heavier...and noticed his eyes had started to turn orange!

3zj4X.jpg

Last edited:
Next time I get bored with moding, and in spite of lack of interest in the Diadokhoi Wars, I'm thinking I will finish Antimachus's tale :). So there might be an EPISODE II at least. :ninja: Although EPISODE III has a better title...aheeem.

Ah well, I guess there's no interest in the DIADOKHOI WARS SAGA... and seeing I've updated LUX to 0.2C... in anycase I will be posting EPISODE VI sometime today, because I keep my promises, and maybe a bit more then most likely get back to spending my time on modding.

I like it! Keep it up, or please start another with the new version of your mod.

It made me download Lux Invicta!

I like it! Keep it up, or please start another with the new version of your mod.

It made me download Lux Invicta!

Thank you, I might start a Vandal One - there's great potential for comedy when playing the Vandals hehehe, but for now I kind of want to continue this a bit... Antiochus has a few things left to do on his agenda... ahem.

Planning to Vandal-ize the AAR forum, eh?

Planning to Vandal-ize the AAR forum, eh?

Me???? NevAAR! I am a proper civilized Diadokoi, moi. :ninja: For now...and I still have to restore Arche Seleukeia...

The comedy is well done and this AAR is awesome. Continue it please.

Thank you, I will for a while at least. Although it might feature some unfortunate consequences because of running on a vastly different build than the starting one. :eek:o But well...there are disturbances in the Force. :laugh:

EPISODE II: (...) THE ELOHIM WARS (part I)

Tatatataaaat...tatataatatata...taatatatatataaaaa.. . (EPIC MUSIC score here and opening crawl ETERNALLY MISSING - not to be implemented in a future version)

Deep within the eternally misnamed "Star of the Dead", a forlorn Antialcidas mutters (as the univers glitches around him):

"Now that was quite a tremor in the Force... I wonder what happened this time"

"Look at this!" Philippa smiles as she points. "Education does pay now!"

dDA9A.jpg

"Hmmmm, I suddenly do feel that learning has become.......quite useful, for some reason or other." mutters Antialcidas. "What is the universe coming to? Institutionalized education next?" the horrified spectre sighs. "That road can only lead to damnation!"

"Maybe him being a Theologian isn't so bad after all...well except for this Elohim bussiness..." Philippa opines.

"Now, now children! Meessa! Meessaa! Theology has its eternal merits! Meessa! Meesssa!" cackles Antiochus as he appears (somewhat unhinged by his phantom menace impersonations.)

ga46l.jpg

Somewhere below (or in that general direction some philosophers would argue) in the Great Agora of Antioch, under the watchful gaze of that magnificent colossal statue of Antiochus (the creation of that divinely inspired artist Phidias XXIV) the Argyraspidai, their wives, unborn children, pets, bedbugs and everyone else Antimachus Basileus of This and That and the Other Things too,(STILL Spear of Elohim) could muster, assembled to hear the speech of their Darkh Overlord: (Antimachus insists he be called Darkh Antimachus, no one can quite understand why)

"Friends, Hellenes, countrymen, lend me your ears!" the dark robed, hooded Basileus booms, breathing heavily.

"As my first act with the new divine authority, Elohim invested in me, I will create a Grand Army of the Divine State of Syria to counter the increasing threats of the Infidels." the Basileus pauses to breathe.

"Today is a sad day for the Infidels, have forced us, to a course of action that can only lead us to Holy War, a War for the very preservation of our Holy Faith and Freedom!"

"It is with great reluctance that I have agreed to this calling. I love peace. I love all that peace brings...even bastard babies! Yes, yes my children, I love you all!" the Basileus seems to choke for a second, and his people are not quite sure how to take this, but before they can think about it, he continues:

"Once this crisis has abated, I will consider this peace bussiness some more! But for now my glorious freethinking subjects, we must take up arms and stop the spread of Muslim Tyranny!"

"We must take up arms for the Eternal Preservation of Hellenic Democracy, and the Sacred Defense of the Elohim Faith!"

While it was quite questionable any of those assembled below knew what this Elohim faith bussiness was about, Darkh Antimachus gives a signal, and a well orchestrated shout starts(organized democracy has its merits) spreading throughout the crowd (now taken up by all from unborn babies to bedbugs):

"Demokratia and Elohim! Demokratia and Elohim! Syria Invicta! Syria Invicta!"

Meanwhile a blueish Pschent crowned falcon, surveying this scene perched on the Divine Antiochus's colossal nose sighs.

"I'm not quite so sure Syrian Democracy and Elohim mix all that well, or if either exist at all." the Falcon mutters sadly, as he tries quite hard to target Darkh Antimachus with a well aimed ethereal stream of falcon excrement. His aim proves true, and to the spectre's great surprise, Antimachus wipes his face then frowns at the Pschent crowned falcon. (not wearing the sekhem-scepters of power, one for Seth and one for Horus as you should know by now).

The Crowned Falcon ponders this, as the great mass of the Syrian-people-in-arms drowns his thoughts in a torrent of cheering.

And in a severe case of EPIC OVERLOAD, the Holy Sun above embraces the points of countless sarissas, as the Grand Army of the Demokratic Basileia of Syria marches on to destiny! (and beyond)

May Alexandros-Ammon errr Elohim find them worthy!

Last edited:
EPISODE II: (...) THE ELOHIM WARS (part II)

Tatatataaaat...tatataatatata...taatatatatataaaaa.. . (EPIC MUSIC score here and opening crawl ETERNALLY MISSING - not to be implemented in a future version)

As the great Elohim Wars rage, and the Holy Light of Demokratia is being spread around the Middleus Eastus...

L0D0k.jpg

Somewhere deep within that "Star of the Dead" place...

"Bloody divine buttocks of Alexandros!" Antialcidas mutters. "Nabatean! That idiot Commander of the Argyraspidai failed us!"

"Not quite. Meessa. Meessaa. "Antiochus mutters. "At least he worships the One Faith... Meessa, meeesa...I have a good feeling about this... Meesa! Meesa!" and the hunchback spectre dissapears on some menacing phantom bussiness only he knows about (Meesa! Meesa!).

fOmzM.jpg

"By Alexandros's Bloodied Divine Penetrating Kontos!" Antialcidas mutters. "Is that the child-ruler of Tripolitania?"

"Quite!" Philippa agrees beaming widely.

"But isn't she a bit young... I mean can she even count to a 100?" Antialcidas asks skeptically.

"You can barely count to 20" Philippa declares preparing a well placed kick in the general direction of Antialcidas's ethereal groin. Her father now quite used to this sort of undignified bussiness rapidly takes a step back.

"I'm guessing it's not such a big issue," he says "I mean since we're going into the Holy Wars bussiness, I seem to remember a particularly militaristic Prophet or other marry a 9 year old a while back..." he says trying to extricate himself from a potential ghostly beating.

"Children! Children! Meesa! Meesaa!" Antiochus booms happily, as he coalesces into an oversized figure, with strangely long flopping ears.

"Well, something must have gone spectacularly well then..." Philippa opines forgeting to kick her father, as she stares at the rather unhinged form of her grandfather.

"Quite! Meesa! Meesa!" Antiochus continues...suddenly turning analytical:

"Think about it, the boy has a ridiculous name - check. The boy now worships Alexandros-Ammon - check. The boy is a brilliant strategist - check. The boy is Trueblood of Seleukos - check. The boy is now to be married to a ridiculously young girl - check. We're officialy in the Holy Wars bussiness now - check..."

"Are you saying..." Antialcidas whispers as he draws in a lungful of ethereal air. "that he.......is the Chosen One?"

His momentary lapse in concentration, earns him a well-placed kick from his daugter and the tall spectre collapses in an ethereal pile of agony.

"Now that was a tad uncalled for." Antiochus scolds his granddaughter. "But all things considered, that's the proper way to celebrate this most magnificent and righteous development! Meessssa! Messaaa!" (he proclaims as he points towards the Earth below)

nJ4Qy.jpg

And let it be known by all, that in the year 1150 of the (not so-)Common Era, the Grand Army of the Demokratic Basileia of Syria and the assembled-peoples-in-arms-believers-of-the-Elohimite Faith, most demokratic subjects of the most Demokratic Basileus of the East, Darkh Antimachus of Syria and Nabatea, Trueblood of Seleukos, Great Satrap of Fes and Arabia, and other Less Important Satrapies besides, Divine Sovereign of the Four Corners of the World, Still Spear of Elohim, (inspite of Antiochus's ever more desperate efforts) struck a blow at the Tyrrany of the Infidels and brought back Hellenic Demokratia to that place formerly known as Damascus.

With his first official act after entering the city in triumph, (immediately after the grand triumphal parade where the population of Damascus wildly cheered their Divine Darkh Basileus - courtesy of the points of the sarissas of the Argyraspidai providing the necessary impetus for an energetic cheerful celebration) Darkh Antimachus gave Damascus back its proper name of Demetrias. (in honor of his ancestor Demetrius III Philopator - a nice touch Antiochus agreed)

Sadly, his next act was (appalingly in the eyes of Antiochus and his cohorts) to proclaim to his demokraticaly assembled new found demokratic-subjects that their city had been the Sacred Habitation of Abraham, their collective ancestor, and that Elohim would equally take care of them all as they enjoy the fruits of Hellenic-Elohimite Demokratia!

"Alexandros-Ammon preserve us all!" Antialcidas screamed wildly, while receiving double kicks to the groin, one from Antiochus and one from Philippa, and strangely enough a sekhem-scepter blow to the head (the Horus scepter was used) courtesy of an even angrier Ptolemy.

Last edited:
Sadly my game crashed and amazingly my screenshots are corrupted somehow...so EPISODE III....will be delayed... and I am VERY VERY pissed because EVERYTHING had gone PERFECTLY in some completely unexpected ways too, it was just GLORIOUS...and now, well now it might not be so glorious. :(

Damn, damn. I was enjoying it. However, I'd like to see also what are the family members and council people doing and plotting.

MY CK games were always about council halls and personality clashes inside romanesque chambers.

Damn, damn. I was enjoying it. However, I'd like to see also what are the family members and council people doing and plotting.

MY CK games were always about council halls and personality clashes inside romanesque chambers.

There's so much going on that it would take me forever to write about...and this is a test game first and foremost in spite of it all...(strangely enough it's also the ultimate version compatibility test for savegames) so I'm steaming ahead with it not going into secondary issues... I want to get to see a few things about how the game functions once I hit the 1300s and so on...

I have played ahead...things went a bit differently this time...but still....I am going to write an update soonish...

Are you ready to find out who is the Chosen One? Can it be Ezrah? Maybe Salahaddin? You will find out soon...or not. :ninja:

EPISODE II: (...) THE ELOHIM WARS (part III)

Tatatataaaat...tatataatatata...taatatatatataaaaa.. . (EPIC MUSIC score here and opening crawl ETERNALLY MISSING - not to be implemented in a future version EVER)

k4Mbk.jpg

And somewhere deep within that beloved fluffy place miscalled the "Star of the Dead":

"This is starting to get serious now..." an oversized Antiochus mutters. "He's not only Proclaimed himself Most Demokratic Elohimite Basileus of Amman...but he keeps on rambling about this rather unfortunate Eloooooooohim bussiness..."

"And it'sssss all your damned fault!" the Pschent Crowned Divine Ptolemy hissess, while he becomes a bit bluer than usual.

"And behold...yet another Holy Elohimite war for Demokracy..." Philippa mutters ignoring Ptolemy completely. "I'll grant him the fact that's perfect timing right there... those poor bastards in Baghdad are collapsing already..."

oNWNe.jpg

"Wait! Messsa! Meessaa! Baghdad? Meessa! Baghdad!!!" Antiochus chockes, suddenly having problems speaking. "But that's.... a Holy War for Seleukeia on the Tigris... OUR Sacred Capital!"

"And your point isssssssss?" Ptolemy asks while adjusting his Pschent Crown.(for some reason or other his two sekhem-scepters are missing)

"But he is only.....a short victorious campaign away from reforging Arche Seleukeia!!!" Antiochus blurts rather stupefied - it has to be said.

"And look at that army!" Philippa mutters enviously. "I wish I had this "Grand Army of the Demokratic Basileia of Syria and the people-of-the-Elohimite-Faith-in-arms" to command... I would have marched with it all the way to Bactria!"

dDM65.jpg

"I dare say " Ptolemy interjects "given that's before hiring any mercenaries... this war is pretty much won already."

"My Divine Blood boils!" Antiochus proclaims. "Did you see the Commander of that Army? Did you?"

"Some Azzzzizzzz, fellow." Ptolemy answers feigning ignorance.

"Precisssssely... An Azzzizzzz leading the Ever Victorioussssss Armiesssss of Hellenisssssm in an Elohimite Demokratic Jihad... soon to conquer Ssssseleukeia on the Tigrisssss... do you sssssee nothing wrong with all of thissssss?" Antiochus mutters now visibly agrieved, but in spite of it all still managing to do a passing impersonation of Ptolemy.

The Divine Ptolemy says nothing for he is more intent on watching the Grand Army of the Demokratic Basileia of Syria and the people-of-the-Elohimite-Faith-in-arms, led by Aziz the Nabatean, this most Unhellenic Commander of the said Most Holy Elohimite Army meet the enemy on the field of battle:

YMyed.jpg

then proceed to trounce it utterly (in the name of this Elohim bussiness).

"And itssss all your fault" Ptolemy says looking slightly smug in the processssss.

"Oh yessssss? " Antiochus suddenly cackles. "Take this Ptolemy!"

ZlUKE.jpg

"I see Cleopatra XXX is coming home to daddy! She might have very well chocked on a natural kontos!" Antiochus proclaims maniacally, although it has to be said he does not look quite that happy.

"Noooooooooooooooooooooo! My bloodline!" Ptolemy suddenly vanishes. No wings of falcons are heard... at all - which is rather distressing.

"Now, that was slightly mean." Philippa tells her father.

"I know, but he was getting on my nervessssss and he wasn't helping." Antiochus mutters.

"Now, I'm all for Holy Wars, and we did engineer this whole bussiness... but there's one little glitch in the system." he says in a sad voice and looking rather diminshed.

"The fact that we can't quite get to him?" Antialcidas asks suddenly making his appearence - and not breathing heavily.

"Precisely." Antiochus mutters. "There is a strong Force with that one...stronger than all of us combined...and that... that does not bode well..."

"I feel like we are being played..." the now forlorn looking Antiochus says. "Just look! Look at this!"

9uCHU.jpg

"What? What's wrong with him making himself Demokratic Basileus of Palmyra?" Antialcidas wonders aloud.

He shouldn't have, because Antiochus viciously kicks him in his exposed ethereal groin, before proceeding to answer:

"Fool! Look at that!" he points at the map -although Antialcidas can't look because he is in agony. "That Elohimite Holy War bussiness ended and he took Karbala and Deir BUT NOT Baghdad! Those Muslim Allies of his took it!"

"Most strange." Philippa agrees. "Some greater Force must surely be at play here... We ARE being played!" she concludes looking slightly horrified.

"Mosssssst asssuredly!" Ptolemy cackless as he reappears, in his Pschent crowned falcon guise and proceeds to dump what any compiler of mythology would surely consider to be a titanic amount of Deus-Excrement on Antiochus's oversized head.

While a completely surprised Antiochus is chocking on this most foul and dastardly of unprovoked attacks, Ptolemy cacklesssss:

"I had forgotten ssssssssssomething, but now it all makessssss perfect senssssse."

"What does?" Philippa asks not quite sure what to make of this whole surreal episode.

"You will ssssssssssseeee!" Ptolemy proclaims. "You WILL ssssssseee!"

Last edited:
Well now, time to take a break, if people want to find out what this whole crazyness is about, I might post the next episode today, if not maybe tomorrow... We shallll sssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee.

I love how everyone in lux invicta ends up believing themselves to be a reincarnation of Alexander and decides to conquer the world.

You have to watch out for those "short victorious wars", they often degenerate into quagmires.