+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do i into space as Poland?

How do i into space as Poland?

Hiya, usually Poland is just the place that is on the way to Russia for me, but this time
    i wanted to try the decisions for a polish nation out.

I played Krakau and wanted to jump into a war with either Russia or Austria
    when they are already defeated. Sadly generating the CB took so long, that the war
    was already over.

Have you got a better strategy? As i said, i would like not having to cheat,
    because kicking Russia's ass and releasing Poland sure is fun, but not exactly
    an achievement^^

Professional forum-troll ;) Yosiu's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

IMHO it's completely impossible without some cheating.
    Countries which posses polish lands are too powerfull to be beaten by Kraków (where i live yay )
    You propably would have to play as other GP and free some polish state, and then relog as them. Or release Congress Poland as Russia, and play as them.

If you release Silesia as Prussia, you get 800k~ pop and then you can move from there. You also have north german and czech as accepted. I formed a PLC that had polish, lithuanian, byelorussian, czech, ukrainian and north german (does the PLC get estonian as well?)as accepted. And it's pretty hard to survive as them, because Austria and Prussia will keep attacking you for your german cores and then you need lands from Russia, so that's 3 GPs attacking you. Less RNG, but it's still pretty hard and you can get an awesome empire going on.

Major
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Start as krakow.

Alliance with Russia as soon as you can and go to war with Austria for Galicia. From there form Galicia and start building up your relations with the UK and Prussia/NGF. Maintian a strong garrison near Austria and if you can support Hungary when it appears because a powerful Hungary is a very useful counter-balance against Austria.

When you get strong enough and have enough allies start launching "War of Unification" wars on Russia, if you can time it for when they are at war with the Qing Empire you can really get lucky in that the AI will be focused there. You also want to have a large lead in military tech over the Russians as the sheer numbers they can pull up are terrifying.

After acquiring at least Warsaw and the other territory to the North of Krakow (name escapes me) you should have enough Prestige that with State and Government you can form Poland. From there you can start fighting to rebuild the Commonwealth if you want but maintain freindly relations with the NGF/Germany until you are absolutely sure you can take them in a war, if not it will be 1939 all over again.

IIRC you start in austria's sphere and Russia is friendly. Austria's not going to attack Russia for you (nor can they beat them) and Russia's not going to accept an alliance from you. That's what I recall from my last attempt at a krakowian poland, anyway.

Major
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by moldeh View Post
    IIRC you start in austria's sphere and Russia is friendly. Austria's not going to attack Russia for you (nor can they beat them) and Russia's not going to accept an alliance from you. That's what I recall from my last attempt at a krakowian poland, anyway.
    True but I find that by the mid 1840's in my games Russia has usurped Austria as the Sphere Owner of Krakow 90% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Larkin View Post
    True but I find that by the mid 1840's in my games Russia has usurped Austria as the Sphere Owner of Krakow 90% of the time.
    Then it's pretty easy. Most of my Krakow games didn't last that long... it's impossibly boring.

+ Reply to Thread