What should I do when aiming to make the 1938 scenario more playable?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mr_B0narpte

Field Marshal
12 Badges
Mar 15, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Darkest Hour
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
I want to edit the scenario as to make it much more playable and balanced. I hope to use the scenario for MP games as many people prefer that to 1936 due to the reduced pre-war period they have to play through. I do want it to be relatively historical but playability and balance are my main aims.

Some ideas I have are:
To add 20%-60% infra in high resource and high IC provinces, depending upon the terrain while also editing the IC allocation with nations.
Edit the researched techs for all the majors (and maybe others) for more balance.
Edit the airfields and naval bases, creating a lot more of them (as 1936 has more then 1938??!!)
Possibly put Iraq back into the Allies and have it as a puppet state of the UK as in the 1936 scenario.
Reduce the peace time IC penalty for certain nations (i.e. Canada and Netherlands) while creating one for others (i.e. Belgium).

I have already started doing some edits on the infra and IC but I might wait until 1.08 is released, but I'd like to hear some ideas in the meantime. :)