• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Swistaczek

Major
73 Badges
Dec 16, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Necroids
AAr ends in 1638 and It's very unlikely I'll make next parts because the game is over, no more challenges await and I simply dont find fun in blobbing everywhere annymore.

After my succesfull game as Songhai I have decided to do it again, but this time I will also write an AAR about it (It will be my first AAR, so I hope I wont do much faults), so ... here we go :
All setings normal, lucky nations historical.

Table Of Contents
Episode 1 - Struggle in Africa
Part 1 - Let the conquering begin (this post)
Part 2 - Conquest of Mali
Part 3 - Forts and missionaries
Part 4 - Conquest of Pagans
Part 5 - Rebels, colonists and buildings
Part 6 - Bhutan's awesome
Part 7 - Westernisation comes
Part 8 - Westernisation came
Part 9 - British crusade(s) againt Songhai
Part 10 - On the edge of defeat
Part 11 - Another British Crusade

Episode 2 - Conquest of French,Spanish and English

Part 1 - Songhai's Noble Republic
Part 2 - North Africa
Part 3 - Castille falls
Part 4 - End of Not-So-Great Britain
Part 5 - Liberating Celts
Part 6 - French-Songhai war
Part 7 - Rebels, rebels everywhere

EU3_2-5.jpg

Future ruler of the world
We have 3 poor provinces, one with wrong religion. We are superior to our neighbours in another way - our ruler is king, not high elder.To the west lies rich gold mines of Mali, to the east - Hausa, our first target.
But first, let us see sliders, and move one:
EU3_1-6.jpg

Innovative is always better, even if we look weak
Meanwhile our king has decided to hire a theologian and with his help he enacted two religious decision, to help convert heathens in our country.
We must attack Hausa while they still have no army, we create one regular regiment in capital and hire 2 merceranies in province next to Hausa.
EU3_6-3.jpg

Army not yet ready, but king's wish is a command
We attacked enemy troops with our regular 1k army with general, and move 2 merc armies to neighboring provinces, Kannen Bornu tried to help Hausa, but conceded defeat after I captured one of their province, after some ping-pong war ended.
EU3_19-1.jpg

Vassalized, our king is not interested in ruling those poor lands himself ... yet
After war king decided to disband merceranies and raise more regiments in case of war with Mali, which has mission to vassalize us, they wish they could!
Meanwhile, generals come to the king, complaining about our focus on navy.King agreed with them of course, since navy is unkown word to him.
EU3_23-1.jpg

"Wait, we were focusing on navy? I dont even know what it is!" - sultan Mar-Arkana Sonni

Insult from Mali, that's enough, king is furious. Army is not assembled,but that's not a problem, spies report that Mali's army is busy with revolts and shoudnt be able to engage us.Time to conquer some gold mines, and rich city of Timbuktu!.
Armies were moving smoothly into Mali, only one 1000 infantry regiment tried to stop our glorious march, of course it was defeated.
At the end of Mali's country, we discovered what was the reason for Mali's weakness - 6k animist zealots wiped out their entire army! We better not engage this monster, let them conquer this region.
EU3_42.jpg

Four provinces has been gained, two to the south will be released as a vassal
We create more regiments to defend our newly acquired territory, set focus on land tech to get forts ASAP and cancel mission to get a better one, that's what comes to us :
EU3_53.jpg

A mission to annex our just created vassal, how nice
Time to vassalize Oyo and Benin, armies has been dispatched to destroy natvies so we will have clear way to conquer them, first battle has been won by natives, but since we are not in a hurry we dont worry and wait for manpower to grow.When we again move to Nupe, natives dont attack us, they know they cannot defeat us :)
Declaration of war goes to Oyo, Benin joins to help it's pagan friend. Their combined armies defeat our main army. King is not happy, but things arent that bad - our army retreats to Benin and occupies it, we quickly vasalize them.Oyo alone cannot stand against us and soon they are vassalized too, glory to Songhai!
EU3_58.jpg

Some heretics have came from our vassal durning the war, but after it ended, they magicaly disappeared
After war not much was going on in Songhai's kingdom, some people have come to king demanding more national institutions, and king's answered them with magicaly words : l'état c'est moi
EU3_63.jpg

So far so good, we control half of our neighbours in eight years
1,4% inflation acquired, not that bad since we dont play to acquire anymore in upcoming 40-50 years.Tomorrow we shall subjugate Mali, annex Ashanti and maybe Hausa.Also preparations for westernization must be done, let's hope for Castille conquering North Africa once again.

//Since as I mentioned at the begining it's my first AAR and I would be very glad if you could point any error i have made, all suggestions will be welcome. I also hope I posted this in a right place :D

Last edited:
This looks interesting! Nice start. :)

Time to move on, today we will continue conquering evil Mali, convert our population to Islam and ping-pong with rebels.

Truce ends, so we attack Mali!
EU3_1-7.jpg

They have veteran's home, I want one too :(
War lasts 2 months, we get 2 new provinces
EU3_2-6.jpg

And 100 ducats.
Meanwhile our serfs run away to capital, but I will let them, Im not a tyrant.
Our court get's rearranged - we hire MoM to mint some money for future, land tech advisor for ... you know what, and diplomat for faster BB burn.
Despite praying for his life, my heir Mar Arandan dies.
Not much was going on in Songhai, some rebel ping-ponging.
Well, time to centralize!
EU3_8-3.jpg

Also new, military heir has appeared

When truce ends, we will finish off the Mali!
EU3_9-3.jpg

Oh dear, 14 years regency....
Golden era for culture event, 5 cultural tradition is not bad, merchant fractures - since we are full merc now, we will gain 1 prestige.
We sell advisors for cash and try to annex ashanti to get another gold mine.
EU3_21-2.jpg

Yay!
We of course win the war and get provine of Bure and 300 ducats.
6 December 1424 - we reached 2 lvl land tech, making us superior to our neighbours .. oh wait, they were already level 2...
1 March 1425 - centralization time, we are now at position 0.
Our heir is finnaly old enough to take the throne. (his stats - 6 adm 8 mil 5 dip - perfect king for Mali conquest).
EU3_28-1.jpg

Third gold mine, can we get more rich?
We gain new mission, to recover lands (Wolof) that are rightfully part of our country, or people wont take us seriously, as a reward we will gain a core.
We move army and declare war, Mali falls quickly. Also in 7 May 1428 we finnaly convert the people of Segu to sunni.We get the mission to convert jenne, and we shall do it.
EU3_34.jpg

Our economy
Let's take a look to the north :
EU3_36.jpg

Is it what I think it is?
EU3_49.jpg

Castilian Africa, Sicilian Africa,Portuguese Africa :sleep:

Third update to Songhai's AAR, time to finish off Mali and get even richer.

First, we must get acces to sea, time to conquer Cayor oh wait.
EU3_51.jpg

Gabu defects to us, im glad they did it
We get mission to annex Hausa, which we will cancel. New mission - subjugate Mali.
EU3_54.jpg

New advisor to help us get forts ASAP, ignore this philosopher, I dont know how he sneaked in here
W centralize and DoW Mali, new vassal for our great country.New mission - army to forcelimit, we will cancel when possible.

EU3_61.jpg

Can we be more lucky?
Since we are rich, we may start convering our people to one true faith, less heretics -> less revolts -> even more cash!
Lame mission canceled, new mission - annex Hausa ... :wacko:
EU3_64.jpg

New king comes to the throne, let's hope his heir will be over 6adm, for westernization
Angry liberals event, first time I like when people are angry at me, +1 innovative.
Also we finnaly reached land lvl 3, forts time.
EU3_66.jpg

Economy of Kingdom of Songhai - sadly our CoT ran away to Mali
New heir appears, 6/4/7 - fair enough.
6 Octobe 1451 - centralization time, large revolt happens, but nothing the king cannot handle.
EU3_77.jpg

Core on our richest city (14 base tax).
We builded forts everywhere but we still need to convert, guess I will need to mint a bit...
EU3_79.jpg

... or maybe not?

In this part we will finnaly annex Mali and also finish off Oyo and Benin.We will also meet some new friends and enemies.

Cayor cedes to Benin, we will cancel vassalization and dow them since we want that CoT.
EU3_80.jpg

2 lvl gov, two to go
We seize Cayor and ignore their capital, at least for now.
EU3_84.jpg

10 years and first colonist will come
New mission appears - annex OPM mali, I could not hope for better one.
EU3_90.jpg

Cores, cores, more cores!
New mission ... annex Hausa...
22 November 1459 - Kumasi converted.
1 February 1460 - Futa Jallona converts to Islam.
New king arises to throne - 6/7/4 makes him perfect for westernization and allows us to pass militia act.
EU3_95.jpg
We have 0 infamy, what a waste, time to conquer Oyo.
EU3_98.jpg

They had no chance
We immediality start to build forts in new provinces and convert them afterwards.We hire statesman for faster 4 gov.
22 March 1465 - Massina converts to Sunni.
1 April 1465 - we move sliders toward innovative,2 moves away from westernization.
EU3_103.jpg

Our sliders - the quality-quanity and land-naval ones are worrying me
Our first colonist arrives, time to move north, to get border with a latin nation.
EU3_105.jpg

It looks like someone is colonizing to us, probably Portugal.
EU3_106.jpg

Colonist succeeds,we move national focus to boost colonial growth
19 March 1468 - Ife converts
EU3_108.jpg

Hausa is converting too, but with less efficiency
Trade good in our colony - slaves, not bad, better than grain.
BB at 0, and we have only one country to conquer - Benin.They fall quickly
EU3_113.jpg
We start converting Benin to true faith. Many cool events happens to us : 2x Aristocracy gratefull - 100 ducats each, agricultural revolution in Dendi - 1 base tax boost.
in 1471 we reach 3 gov and we will reach 4 in 1483.
EU3_124.jpg

We also get a new heir - 6/4/3 - bad for fighting and diplo, but still able to westernize
The time has come.
EU3_126.jpg

And the road to Elephant Country is open, but I wont conquer them now, there is no need to hurry, they have nowhere to run
Taodeni becomes a city, our economy will work well again.And we discover our neighbour to the north.
EU3_132.jpg

Yea I did this, stupid thing, I failed and they discovered me
EU3_133.jpg

Well I guess I got my punishment ...

I didn't have the luck to find Mali overrun by rebels , but nice game ! :D
Now , the objective will be to get Portugal to accept a white peace or a concession of defeat ... bofroe westernization you wil need odds like 10/1 to win.

Considering it's before 1500, the Portuguese shouldn't have guns yet, so that's a plus. I think 5 to 1 odds is enough, as long as you find stray regiments. Good luck, and i'll be following :) .

Club them. ooh wrong AAR well get them and westernize. Subscribed
Looks like fun.:cool:

Part 5, War with Portugal.

In Ad 1477 war started (was beginning :D )

We have 18k troops and 25k manpower in reserve. Portugal has around 30k soldiers + he called in Funj,Pope and Syria, their combined forces are around 50k, bad news for us. We shall train 5 addational regiments, one of our 9k armies is moving north to capture colony of Tuat, let's hope for no Portugal doomstack here.
EU3_134.jpg

Colony captured, let's stay here for now
I sent my colonist here hoping they wont recapture it.
Suddenly, some Portuguese troops arrive in region I though is safe.
EU3_136.jpg

2k cavalary wont capture fort you know...
We move 13k army here, assign best general we can get and attack, results?
EU3_138.jpg

First battle and first victory for us, we chase and destroy them
In 24 Decemer 1478 we move innovative slider towards left of course, 1 move till westernization, so expect it around 1492.
1 December 1479 - 1 year of no action, Papal state whitepeaces, we discover Portugal province and decide to attack it.
EU3_141.jpg

We also trained some new regiments
Suddenly, as I expected :
EU3_142.jpg

Sneaky Portuguese
Our 5k army and 2k troops from Figuig moves and engages their 4k, battle almost lost, but Portuguese ran away when they see reinforcments.
EU3_143.jpg

Not so brave now huh?
We cancel mission and get a new one - save Cayor, whats going on over there?
EU3_144.jpg

Oh,over 10k Portuguese troops, I guess it's time to peace out.
EU3_145.jpg

We lost 5 prestige but gained new province
War is over, Songhai defended it's indepence and soon will take revange, we will rename Lisboa to New Gao (If you dont know - Gao is our capital).

Nice start! Now...you just have to survive!

Part 6, Conquest of Kongo.

Right after war we received a new mission.
EU3_146.jpg

Well, why not?
In 1481 our colony of Tuat groves to a city, we immediality start building fort there.
Time to conquer Kongo, we have to cross 2 uncolonized provs to get to them, first kill those Natives so they wont do any harm to our main army.
EU3_148.jpg

Even more ducats, I dont know what to do with them now
We will now DoW Kongo and move our damaged army here to qucikly capture and seize province.
EU3_149.jpg

I hope Creek wont join, I cannot fight on two fronts
We discover new province to the north owned by Castille, thus we can now make diplomacy with them, since they may be agreesive towards us too and they are 3x stronger than Portugal we shall gift spam to make them our friends.
EU3_151.jpg

Crap
Now we have their prov discovered we can move our army faster there thus taking less atrition,we will fall back, reinforce and attack again.
Meanwhile serfs get upset, +1 to freesbuject is always nice.
1 April 1485 Calabar converts to Islam, I hope it's not a joke.
Army arrives at Loango, time for fun.
EU3_155.jpg

Finnaly, now reinforce and proceed
EU3_156.jpg

damn
Right, good thing is they cannot seize province back, so we have some time. Let's build new army and advance to gov 4, then we will attack.
In 1486 good news comes to us - we reached 4 gov lvl, time for temple spam and first national idea.
EU3_157.jpg

We have everything we need excpet strong army - that's reason for Military Drill
1 July 1486 - Gabu (coastal province) is now a core, but we still cannot build ships.
30 July 1486 - Agricultural revolution in Segu, 1 base tax more.
Our army recaptured Loango and will conquer rest of Kongo later, we are not in a hurry.
EU3_161.jpg

Our diplomacy with Castille yields benefits - they have decided to help us modernize!
Time to finish off Kongo, CHARGE!
EU3_163.jpg

13k + military drill vs 11 k, we MUST win it
As I predicted, we won the battle, instead of chasing them,we assault fort and seize prov. Kongo army comes back and defeats us.
EU3_164.jpg

Time to peace out since I dont want my army annihilated
Kongo now has 2 provinces left, we dont need to hurry since they are relative safe from Europeans, same as Elephant Country.Meanwhile our CoT from Cayor decided to move to Suakin, which is province of ... Funj.
EU3_165.jpg

Empire of Songhai

//Soon we will westernize and then I will rush gov and land tech for colonist idea and better army so I can conquer north Africa ASAP.
//Since almost all of our provs are true faith and main culture there should be no problem with stability durning westernization.

I got to say this is a most excellent AAR, i don't think i've ever seen a Songhai AAR before, most excellent. I suspect you are going for the achievement to unify Africa as a sub-saharan african nation no?

anyways great read! Looking forward to more :)

I opened game to continue playing and I noticed strange thing - all my saves are gone! I searched them everywhere, all my Songhai saves are gone, except one, from 1408 ... .
Since I dont want to stop writing AAR, I will use the 1408 save and modify it to 1489. Not much happend in Europe so there wont be much editing, also dont worry folk, I wont give myself any advantage, the AI will get it however because I dont remember their inflation rate :p. Im sorry for problems, I guess I will do backups all the time now.

Since It seems I cannot edit uncolonized provs in the save editor, I dont know if there is any point, also there would be much more editing than I epxected - techs, armies etc. God damn those saves.
So what's your opinion, I can either start new game as Songhai or start from this 1408, I dont think I have much choice here...

I have decided I will restart AAR from 1408, I will try to go the same way I did above, but it's impossible to do everything the same, sorry again folk, expect new part 2, 3 and maybe more tomorrow.

Last edited:
West Africa is a fun place to play :)

Looked pretty promising, subscribed.

Part 2. Conquest of Mali and ping-ponging with rebels.

We begin this part with DoW to Mali, since they are our great enemy.
EU3_1-8.jpg

Alliance with Elephant Country, they wont be helpfull but at least I will make sure they wont backstab me
As always Mali has almost no army thanks to rebels, we just move and conquer everything around. We also get Decline in Army Quality event - we move 1 towards quality (now we are at +2 towards quanity).
EU3_3-4.jpg

We seize 3 provinces - rebels will be painfull, but at least we got 2 gold mines
Time to hire some advisors - MoM to fight inflation and Army Reformer to get forts fast.
We also expand our SoI to Ashanti and Oyo.
Serfs upset event - we move 1 towards freesubjesct, now at -1.
EU3_7-3.jpg

Is it scripted that kings in Africa live so short?
We move national focus to Segu to help boost this region and convert it later.
1412 - we move one towards innovative - at 0 now.
EU3_10-3.jpg

I'd prefer to go towards aritsocracy, but we need money now
We cancel our mission to annex Ashanti, since with our infamy it's impossible, new one - convert Bambuk, why not, lets try.
EU3_13.jpg

Oh cmon, seriously
1 June 1414 - Gabu, province which before defected to Benin thanks to animist zealost now defected to Mali thanks to patriots.
12 July 1414 - We manage to convert Bambuk, new mission is to convert Segu - well, later.
We are now ready to DoW Mali, even if they have army now, they are a lot smaler and weaker than we.
EU3_18-1.jpg

We get probably richest manpower province in West Africa
Time to send missionary to our capital since our economy is doing bad.
Improvements in gov tech, 500 investment is nice.
We cancel mission to convert Segu and get the one we love (hate) most - annex Hausa.
EU3_24.jpg

That's fast, 2 lvl reached in 21 years, thank you army reformer
1 November 1421 peasants rebels rise in Timbuktu, we will accept their demands since we want free subject.
Truce ended, time to attack Mali, but this time not for province, just renounce claims and gold.
EU3_28-2.jpg

I expected a bit more gold
EU3_29.jpg

Guess game wants me to hold these provinces
//At first I wanted to sell these provinces, or just let those mali patriots take it back to them, but then when I realized how easy it is to fight rebels with land tech 2, I decided to keep them.

Part 3 Songhai AAR

Before we go to our superpower, let's take a look at Europe :
EU3_32.jpg
Castille loses against Aragon and Portugal and is now at war with England, Poland and Lithuania pushes Golden Horde, Ottomans are not doing anything as always, Bavaria and Naples are growing. Not much has changed with England.

But back to Songhai, we cancel mission to annex Hausa and get new to convert Massina.
EU3_34-1.jpg

Centralisation time
19 January 1426 we convert our capital thus boosting end year income greatly.
EU3_38.jpg

Another province for us
27 April 1428 our king dies and we rises to the throne - 7/5/8.
EU3_40.jpg

I WONT annex them, no matter how hard you will try!
23 February 1430 - Time to rob OPM Mali for cash and to make them renounce claims, we gain 16 ducats from war.
19 September 1434 - Segu converts.
EU3_45.jpg

War lasts few days and we gain 10 ducats
Year later we get cool event which gives us 68 ducats.
We cancel our mission and gain new to annex Ashanti, we shall do it.
EU3_52.jpg

EU3_53-1.jpg

King has died again and new one came, let's hope he will live more than 10 years
We centralize and get large revolt - 2 particularists and 4 nationalist - we can handle it.
6 May 1439 - Core province - Jenne converts - more money!
We attack Mali again and gain 11 ducats.
EU3_57.jpg

We wont have use of his military skill sadly
2 November 1441 - Wolof converts.
13 April 1442 - Bure converts.
EU3_60.jpg

Islam is spreading into West Africa
We get new mission to vasalize Mali - that's what I was waiting for!
Our 6 lvl MoM is doing great job and we gain boost to inflation reduction and 10 prestige.
EU3_63-1.jpg

Economy, notice how close we are to 3 land lvl
More men for the army event, I like extra manpower, espiecialy in capital.
EU3_66-1.jpg

This time they had more than 10 ducats
17 April 1447 - we gain 3 lvl land tech, build forts everywhere!
EU3_69.jpg

Those guys know when I could use extra money
New mission comes - convert Cayor.
EU3_71.jpg

Damn

Part 4 - Rebel problems and conquest of pagans.

EU3_72.jpg

Core on Timbuktu means 20 more money per year
But let's ignore economy now, rebels to the south are real problem, let's move and show them not to mess with Songhai.
EU3_74.jpg

We will move slider towards centralization after we deal with this rebelion
Now that we reached 2 lvl production, time to focus on 4 gov, we are on 1 now.
EU3_76.jpg

10k, seriously?
7 March 1453 we reached 2 lvl gov and hired Statesman, we want first idea as soon as possible.
We have dealt with rebelions and builded forts almost everywhere.
EU3_78.jpg

Now when we have forts we can conquer more teritories
12 January 1454 - new mission - annex OPM mali.
Converting of our provinces continue - 2 new provs now belive in Islam.
EU3_83.jpg

Im not even suprised by the new mission
Another decline in army quality happens to us, +1 towards quality.
16 October 1458 we gain cores on Bambuk,Segu and Bure - more ducats to us.
Since we now have so much Mali core provinces, we no longer tolerate Tuareg culture, not big loss.
Our BB reached 0 - what a waste, let's move and conquer Oyo, first kill natives to make clear way.We also move 1 towards defensive thanks to event.
My king is living a bit long, that's strange.
EU3_89.jpg

I knew it!
We move small army near Oyo, cancel vasalization and DoW them.
EU3_91.jpg

New territory for us
New heir appears - 8/7/4, I dont think I will do westernization with him homever.
At December we gain mission to accumulate 100 ducats and when new year comes we finish it and gain new one - conquer Benin.
EU3_94.jpg

I didn't knew I can get such mission against my vassal
We cancel vassalization and DoW them, Kongo joins on their side - I guess I know our next target.
Futa Jallona converts to Islam and we gain improvments in gov tech event, how nice.
In 1466 we can move slider again and we choose to centralize, small pretender appears.
EU3_102.jpg

Our sliders are pretty balanced, but I would not call this good, we need to go towards land,aristocracy and free subjects via events
We are 2 towards centralisation which enable the milita act, boost to centralisation and discipline.
In 1467 we discover new friend ( or enemy?)
EU3_106-1.jpg

Can we be friends till I westernize?
Agricultural revolutin give +1 base tax in Ife.
EU3_108-1.jpg

Still cannot build ships
In 1469 we reach 3 gov lvl and hire 6 lvl statesman to reach 4 before Castille steals all land around us.
3 years passed, we have finished clearing way to Kongo, we DoW them and send our 14k army.
EU3_114.jpg

8000 troops died due to attrition, will they dare to attack my weakend stack?
EU3_115.jpg

Now when we have a foothold, we must reinforce and then proceed and annex Kongo.
Our army moves and engages their troops, we win.Carpet siege begins (Kongo was so kind and builded forts everywhere) and after 2 years :
EU3_119.jpg

Kongo is ours!

Good going again, not so lucky with colonists - linking to Kongo would be really useful.