+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Glory to Africa - Songhai 5.1 DW AAR

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This time , no coastal CoT to give colonists and lnk up your possessions ...
    Linking Kongo would reduce attrition on the way there.
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Annoying you lost your savegames, but glad that you're continueing the game!
    MEIOU cookie From Gigau.

The interesting thing is now you have a significantly different Iberia, where Portugal and Castille are a little more powerful. Good luck in westernization this time .
    How many boards would the Mongols hoard if the Mongol hordes got bored?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Very glad you are continuing despite losing the saves!

Very nicely done both times!
    A Blessing and a Curse: EUIV Narrative AAR! In Progress
    Downfall: A Byzantine Narrative AAR. See the fall of the mightiest empire the world has ever seen. On Hold 3rd Place OVERALL EU3 (Highest Narrative) AARland Choice Awards Q3 2012!
    The Grey Eminence: A British Narrative/History AAR. Witness the rise of Great Britain to world power! COMPLETE! WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 Q1!
    The Eternal Exile: Nation Hopping AAR with a mix of narrative and game-play. On Hold. | WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2011 Q1!

Winner: AAR Showcase 29/11/2011 | Winner: Character Writer of the Week 19/1/2012 | Winner: Fan of the Week 20/9/2010 and 20/8/2012 | I was Character Writer of the Week 13/12/2010

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Impressive, conquering all of subsaharan Africa not just once but twice! Glad you've recovered from the save loss.
    The Traveler's Tale - A Skyrim Tale - join the Traveler as he tries to make his way in a frozen land beset by organized banditry and large predatory felines! (Dead due to save loss. Sorry, all)

"There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him."
    -Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

EU3 CompleteDivine Wind500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Will you be joining this game: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post14128458 ???
    "We do not surrender, we win or die" ~Omar Al-Mukhtār

"I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep" ~Charles Maurice de Talleyrand

Thank you for all the comments.
    This time I dont got colonists from CoT, but I plan to get them another, more effective way.
    @Piri, of course I will join!

Let's move back to game :
    Part 5 - Buildings and Rebels.

We have just conquered kongo and moved our army of missionaries there, In hope to convert these fools to our faith and culture.

Notice our awesome advisors - MoM will die soon however

Another events where serfs run away to capital, I'd like to have more base tax in capital, stability loss hurts however.

Rebels in Kongo are having fun

New heir has appeared - 4/3/8, I dont like him.

2 moves till westernization, Im hoping for an event towards innovative

Time to finnaly try and annex Hausa, since they now have forts.We spam gifts and try (chances - maybe), fail.

We pick Colonial Ventures, I dont need anything other now.

Another agricultural revolution brings us +1 base tax in Wasuju, African technology is better than I expected.
    We move 1 towards Aristocracy thanks to sickness of our Sultan.
    We try again and again fail to annex Hausa, maybe it's better since month later we convert Oyo and get new mission :

Okay

29 October 1481 - our king dies and we get happy 12 years regency.
    We get improvments in gov tech event, also our core - benin finnaly converts, let's try annex Hausa.

After 84 years, finnaly

Our troops have taken care of natives in Trarza and now we can make our first colony there, because it's area often taken by Castille.

Rebels all over Kongo and Hausa are painfull, If I get attacked now - Im dead.

We are low on money and get the most awesome event in the game (read - the most annyoing one) - we can lose 50 ducats and some relations with Elephant country (our treasury is 57) or 2 stability, we prefer to lose ducats, stability is harder to recover.
    Im not suprised by trade good in our colony - grain. Well, you can never have too much grain.

Now I have to find an army to move there and destroy natives before they raze colony, and as you can see - my troops are a bit busy

Another agricultural revolution in Jenne , I start to like grain provinces.

Huh?

Right,now I have to move another army to kill natives, maybe the one from Kongo?

Okay, let's check army in Hausa, guys, are you busy?

Oh, nevermind, guess I will have to build third stack

Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Great update!
    Downfall: A Byzantine Narrative AAR. See the fall of the mightiest empire the world has ever seen. On Hold 3rd Place OVERALL EU3 (Highest Narrative) AARland Choice Awards Q3 2012!
    The Grey Eminence: A British Narrative/History AAR. Witness the rise of Great Britain to world power! COMPLETE! WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 Q1!
    The Eternal Exile: Nation Hopping AAR with a mix of narrative and game-play. On Hold. | WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2011 Q1!

Winner: AAR Showcase 29/11/2011 | Winner: Character Writer of the Week 19/1/2012 | Winner: Fan of the Week 20/9/2010 and 20/8/2012 | I was Character Writer of the Week 13/12/2010

Part 6 - Bhutan's awesome

Let's take a look at our country :

Rebels all over Hausa

It took a few months to deal with them.

But they managed to kill our MoM

We get trade good in Sierra Leone - Ivory, finnaly something other than grain.
    Corrupiton spreads in our country, we lose stability.

Not again...

Our colony in Trarza grows to a city - we complete the mission and get +1 base tax there, new mission : convert Kongo.
    We are at 2 stability, nobles demand old rights : -1 stab, we are now at 1.

Since we are bigger, agricultural revolution yields even more bennefit

Ping-ponging with 11k animist zealost in Kongo ends after 3 years.
    23 October 1493 Zamfara converts to Islam, 3 provinces left.

One more to westernise

Regency ends and our 4/8/3 king rises to throne, If his heir wont be 6 adm or more, it will hurt us much.
    We get another decline in army quality and (because we enacted milita act) we are at +1 now.
    Well let's start connecting our lands, first Hausa and old Oyo lands.

This is where we start

Our colonists succeed and we gain new nice colony.
    3 months later colony at Sierra Leone grows to a city.
    Our treasury is forever empty thanks to colonies.
    1 move towards aristocracy - sickness of sultan.

Fun at Kongo continues,no time for rest

19 March 1498, our lame king did something awesome :

Wohoo, 8 adm, I cant belive!

Sale of titles happens to us, we want to move towards aristocracy but this 265 gold would help us much more now (treasury - 15 ).
    Trade good in Borgu - grain.
    5 November 1499 we discover "some" new territories :

Trollhemia almost dead, can it be better?

But this Europe is nothing when you look at Asia :

Maybe I should change to Bhutan and conquer world with them?Or at least send them my whole treasury? Their color ... pure awesome.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Songhai is way way cooler then Brunei! Conquer the world with Songhai!
    MEIOU cookie From Gigau.

Part 7 - Westernization comes

We discovered Europe and new potential threats came - Mamluks and Castille, two big powers have estabilished in our Africa, but not for long!

Let's colonize these areas before some Castille or English steal it.

We cancel mission to convert Kongo with hope for a better one, we get make royal marriage with Elephant Country mission, and after that increase relations with Elephant Country.

Those sneaky English

Converting of our provinces continues, we get mission to turn colony of Borgu to a city, I like base tax boost.
    Now since it's a bit boring (we prepare for westrnization and there is nothing to conquer near us), let's take a look at Europe.

Agressive Burgundy, France got a problem

And what's Castille doing?

Stealing our lands!

Borgu is now a city and we have no colonies to maintain, our treasury will be filled with ducats soon enough.

Christianity is spreading in North Africa, we must end it as it's our holy duty

Months passes without action, suddenly I gain holy war CB against England, those fools established colony in Arguin (west coast of Africa,close to old Morocco lands).

But not for long, in struggle with European colonisators, natives are our best weapon

The awesome Benign Neglect events happens - we get 3,69 ducats (In 5.2 this events is reworked and now gives nice part of yearly income but also moves national focus).
    (If you watched closely I wrote that I will colonise Cameron but 2 years has passed and there is no colony there, that's because 56% chance means around 20% chance in this game : P ).

They again....

Our country produces nice quality ivory and we get +1 prestige, well, you can never have too much prestige.

I consider this as a stupid move, but well, one does not simply travel back in time

Our nobles demand more privileges and we glady grant them because we want strong aristocracy (so they could educate more diplomats).

All that stops us from westernization now is our beloved king

King was sitting in his room, thinking what to conquer now, when his Most Trusted Advisor came.
    -What do you want, my Most Trusted Advisor?
    -My king, natives of Kisarna are threating our lands, we must do something about it.
    -Natives you say, numbers?
    -9000 natives my King
    -Allright, I will assemble 10k army and ..
    -No king, you cannot go with such big army, you must take just 1000 soldiers.
    -Why? - king was confused.
    -Dont you trust me, my king?
    -I do, okay, I will stick to your advice.
    King rode towards natives of Kisarna with his 1000 men.

Sadly he survived, too bad we dont have boats, I would just put him on cog and sail to Stockholm.

Well back to normal game, we succesfully colonize Gabon. Core on Ife and Oyo comes to us in 7 May 1511.

And another agricultural revolution, I guess I will have to stop reporting that one, it's getting pretty often

16 June 1512 - last bastion of pagans in our country - Kongo - converts to Islam and thus rebelions ends.

No way, I wont help you with Castille

1 November 1513 we get another colonial company founded (third one If I count right) in Luanda, coastal province next to Kongo.

Let the game begin

//Now we need to get to stability 3 to enact first westernization - from subsaharan to muslim.
    //About alliance from GB - it looks nice, but I checked the ledgers and they have absolutely no ships, strange because around 1480 they had biggest fleet on the world, I guess Spanish Armada and someone else(Burgundy or France) managed to destroy it.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Heyyy! The only somewhat historically accurate thing thus far - Fernando po in Spanish hands!

Great Britain would have upped their naval tech to the next level of ships. The AI destroys all their ships and makes new ones when that happens.

Great progress! I am really enjoying this one.

East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the Stars

Great, westernize and strive to be unbeaten.
    I AM A WARMONGER, I DO WC's 137+
    "Whenever you do anything, Act as if all the world were watching" (THOMAS JEFFERSON)

Part 8 - Here come's latin tech.

We now have proper neighbour, all sliders ready, and ruler with over 6 adm, time to get stability to 3 and start westernisation.

And since game doesn't want us to get bored, it encourages us to DoW Elephant Country

Colony at Taodeni turns to city and we get +1 base tax there.
    Also this year's harvests have been exceptional and we get 128 ducats.

Almost fully developed province (just no temple) and 50 ducats goes to us

As you can see we are 3 stability, so, after 116 years :

25% of westernisation done

Since now our tech will start to slowly implode, we can send merchants to CoT

Here comes our rich CoT

We get mission to recover negative stability, reward is 5 prestige, why not?
    We hire 5 star artist to help us recover it.

We will just stick to resisting western influence's until military modernization

Our tech's dont skyrocket that much because we have no muslim neighbour for neighbour bonus.

Sorry British, but you have no boats. No boats = no fun.

We get another colonial company foundd (this is first game I have so much of them) in Konian - non coastal province next to Futa Jallona.

Finnaly, France will get some problems

About France, as you can see Burgundy lost a war against it and is now no match for French people.
    Stability rises to 0 and we get new mission - to get above 10 prestige - we will gain +1 stablity from that, great mission durning westernization.
    Another decline in army quality, of course we choose to have more quality.
    Ottomans keep spamming us with alliance proposals but we decline since they are weak.

We will use them against Castille in the future

Our colony at Gabon turns into a city.
    My heir Muhammad falls ill but we call a medic and it's fine.

3 inflation wont kill me, I dont want to delay westernisation

Ottomans bankrupt because of rebels nad war with Castille, I knew alliance with them would be bad idea.
    Let's DoW Elephant country for prestige to complete mission.
    Luanda grows to a city and we now have only 1 colony.

50% done

Right after westernization we make peace with Kanem Bornu - we demand their vassalization and 130 ducats.
    We complete the mission and are now at -1 stab, new mission - naval race versus ... Hungary.
    //Game considers that our rivals are - Hungary, Poland, Novogord,Lithuania and Great Britain (that one's right) well funny.

We need to be -5 towards centralisation for military modernisation

Cores on Kongo lands appeared.
    We also get claims on our rivals, but since we only border GB, we get core on isolated British province - Tuat.
    We start slowly colonising land around us and connecting everything, we colonise Cameron and Abomey.

Religious situation in Europe

Here we go, 75% done

We discover South America, let's take a look.

I dont like this

Better

Now we need to wait around 10 years to centralise once more, then we will modernise army and rush towards Europe.

Or Europe will rush towards us?

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

You got this. Nothing can stop Songhai!
    Also, way to westernize so early.
    Want a Record? Come on over to the Europa Universalis 4 Hall of Fame!

Check out my States Mod. In progress though, so it won't be done for a long while.

My Inkwell: Link Here

Feel free to add me on Steam to talk, play, or whatever

East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the Stars

If Great Britain still does not have ships you should be ok.
    I AM A WARMONGER, I DO WC's 137+
    "Whenever you do anything, Act as if all the world were watching" (THOMAS JEFFERSON)

Can't wait to see you deal with those British Tuats... What?
    "The old axiom that 'all power corrupts' has doubtful validity, because it derives from our neglect of Plato's advice to find men carfully and train them by methods which make them fit for heroes." - Sir Oswald Mosley, 6th Baronet of Ancoats

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Now as a western power , you fear nothing!
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Crush the English! Do not let the Imperialist swine win in Africa in this world!
    The Traveler's Tale - A Skyrim Tale - join the Traveler as he tries to make his way in a frozen land beset by organized banditry and large predatory felines! (Dead due to save loss. Sorry, all)

"There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him."
    -Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast