• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This time , no coastal CoT to give colonists and lnk up your possessions ...
Linking Kongo would reduce attrition on the way there.

The interesting thing is now you have a significantly different Iberia, where Portugal and Castille are a little more powerful. Good luck in westernization this time :) .

Very glad you are continuing despite losing the saves! :)

Very nicely done both times!

Impressive, conquering all of subsaharan Africa not just once but twice! Glad you've recovered from the save loss.

Thank you for all the comments.
This time I dont got colonists from CoT, but I plan to get them another, more effective way.
@Piri, of course I will join!

Let's move back to game :
Part 5 - Buildings and Rebels.

We have just conquered kongo and moved our army of missionaries there, In hope to convert these fools to our faith and culture.
EU3_120.jpg

Notice our awesome advisors - MoM will die soon however
Another events where serfs run away to capital, I'd like to have more base tax in capital, stability loss hurts however.
EU3_122.jpg

Rebels in Kongo are having fun
New heir has appeared - 4/3/8, I dont like him.
EU3_125.jpg

2 moves till westernization, Im hoping for an event towards innovative
Time to finnaly try and annex Hausa, since they now have forts.We spam gifts and try (chances - maybe), fail.
EU3_126-1.jpg

We pick Colonial Ventures, I dont need anything other now.
Another agricultural revolution brings us +1 base tax in Wasuju, African technology is better than I expected.
We move 1 towards Aristocracy thanks to sickness of our Sultan.
We try again and again fail to annex Hausa, maybe it's better since month later we convert Oyo and get new mission :
EU3_130.jpg

Okay
29 October 1481 - our king dies and we get happy 12 years regency.
We get improvments in gov tech event, also our core - benin finnaly converts, let's try annex Hausa.
EU3_134-1.jpg

After 84 years, finnaly
Our troops have taken care of natives in Trarza and now we can make our first colony there, because it's area often taken by Castille.
EU3_136-1.jpg

Rebels all over Kongo and Hausa are painfull, If I get attacked now - Im dead.
We are low on money and get the most awesome event in the game (read - the most annyoing one) - we can lose 50 ducats and some relations with Elephant country (our treasury is 57) or 2 stability, we prefer to lose ducats, stability is harder to recover.
Im not suprised by trade good in our colony - grain. Well, you can never have too much grain.
EU3_140.jpg

Now I have to find an army to move there and destroy natives before they raze colony, and as you can see - my troops are a bit busy
Another agricultural revolution in Jenne , I start to like grain provinces.
EU3_142-1.jpg

Huh?
Right,now I have to move another army to kill natives, maybe the one from Kongo?
EU3_143-1.jpg
Okay, let's check army in Hausa, guys, are you busy?
EU3_144-1.jpg

Oh, nevermind, guess I will have to build third stack

Great update!

Part 6 - Bhutan's awesome

Let's take a look at our country :
EU3_1-9.jpg

Rebels all over Hausa
It took a few months to deal with them.
EU3_3-5.jpg

But they managed to kill our MoM
We get trade good in Sierra Leone - Ivory, finnaly something other than grain.
Corrupiton spreads in our country, we lose stability.
EU3_7-4.jpg

Not again...
Our colony in Trarza grows to a city - we complete the mission and get +1 base tax there, new mission : convert Kongo.
We are at 2 stability, nobles demand old rights : -1 stab, we are now at 1.
EU3_10-4.jpg

Since we are bigger, agricultural revolution yields even more bennefit
Ping-ponging with 11k animist zealost in Kongo ends after 3 years.
23 October 1493 Zamfara converts to Islam, 3 provinces left.
EU3_13-1.jpg

One more to westernise
Regency ends and our 4/8/3 king rises to throne, If his heir wont be 6 adm or more, it will hurt us much.
We get another decline in army quality and (because we enacted milita act) we are at +1 now.
Well let's start connecting our lands, first Hausa and old Oyo lands.
EU3_16.jpg

This is where we start
Our colonists succeed and we gain new nice colony.
3 months later colony at Sierra Leone grows to a city.
Our treasury is forever empty thanks to colonies.
1 move towards aristocracy - sickness of sultan.
EU3_23-2.jpg

Fun at Kongo continues,no time for rest
19 March 1498, our lame king did something awesome :
EU3_24-1.jpg

Wohoo, 8 adm, I cant belive!
Sale of titles happens to us, we want to move towards aristocracy but this 265 gold would help us much more now (treasury - 15 ).
Trade good in Borgu - grain.
5 November 1499 we discover "some" new territories :
EU3_28-3.jpg

Trollhemia almost dead, can it be better?
But this Europe is nothing when you look at Asia :
EU3_29-1.jpg

Maybe I should change to Bhutan and conquer world with them?Or at least send them my whole treasury? Their color ... pure awesome.

Part 7 - Westernization comes

We discovered Europe and new potential threats came - Mamluks and Castille, two big powers have estabilished in our Africa, but not for long!
EU3_31.jpg

Let's colonize these areas before some Castille or English steal it.
We cancel mission to convert Kongo with hope for a better one, we get make royal marriage with Elephant Country mission, and after that increase relations with Elephant Country.
EU3_36-1.jpg

Those sneaky English :rofl:
Converting of our provinces continues, we get mission to turn colony of Borgu to a city, I like base tax boost.
Now since it's a bit boring (we prepare for westrnization and there is nothing to conquer near us), let's take a look at Europe.
EU3_38-1.jpg

Agressive Burgundy, France got a problem
And what's Castille doing?
EU3_39.jpg

Stealing our lands!
Borgu is now a city and we have no colonies to maintain, our treasury will be filled with ducats soon enough.
EU3_41.jpg

Christianity is spreading in North Africa, we must end it as it's our holy duty
Months passes without action, suddenly I gain holy war CB against England, those fools established colony in Arguin (west coast of Africa,close to old Morocco lands).
EU3_44.jpg

But not for long, in struggle with European colonisators, natives are our best weapon
The awesome Benign Neglect events happens - we get 3,69 ducats (In 5.2 this events is reworked and now gives nice part of yearly income but also moves national focus).
(If you watched closely I wrote that I will colonise Cameron but 2 years has passed and there is no colony there, that's because 56% chance means around 20% chance in this game : P ).
EU3_46.jpg

They again....
Our country produces nice quality ivory and we get +1 prestige, well, you can never have too much prestige.
EU3_48.jpg

I consider this as a stupid move, but well, one does not simply travel back in time
Our nobles demand more privileges and we glady grant them because we want strong aristocracy (so they could educate more diplomats).
EU3_51-1.jpg

All that stops us from westernization now is our beloved king

King was sitting in his room, thinking what to conquer now, when his Most Trusted Advisor came.
-What do you want, my Most Trusted Advisor?
-My king, natives of Kisarna are threating our lands, we must do something about it.
-Natives you say, numbers?
-9000 natives my King
-Allright, I will assemble 10k army and ..
-No king, you cannot go with such big army, you must take just 1000 soldiers.
-Why? - king was confused.
-Dont you trust me, my king?
-I do, okay, I will stick to your advice.
King rode towards natives of Kisarna with his 1000 men.

EU3_54-1.jpg

Sadly he survived, too bad we dont have boats, I would just put him on cog and sail to Stockholm.

Well back to normal game, we succesfully colonize Gabon. Core on Ife and Oyo comes to us in 7 May 1511.
EU3_60-1.jpg

And another agricultural revolution, I guess I will have to stop reporting that one, it's getting pretty often
16 June 1512 - last bastion of pagans in our country - Kongo - converts to Islam and thus rebelions ends.
EU3_62.jpg

No way, I wont help you with Castille
1 November 1513 we get another colonial company founded (third one If I count right) in Luanda, coastal province next to Kongo.
EU3_65.jpg

Let the game begin

//Now we need to get to stability 3 to enact first westernization - from subsaharan to muslim.
//About alliance from GB - it looks nice, but I checked the ledgers and they have absolutely no ships, strange because around 1480 they had biggest fleet on the world, I guess Spanish Armada and someone else(Burgundy or France) managed to destroy it.

Great Britain would have upped their naval tech to the next level of ships. The AI destroys all their ships and makes new ones when that happens.

Great progress! :) I am really enjoying this one.

Part 8 - Here come's latin tech.

We now have proper neighbour, all sliders ready, and ruler with over 6 adm, time to get stability to 3 and start westernisation.

EU3_67.jpg

And since game doesn't want us to get bored, it encourages us to DoW Elephant Country
Colony at Taodeni turns to city and we get +1 base tax there.
Also this year's harvests have been exceptional and we get 128 ducats.
EU3_72-1.jpg

Almost fully developed province (just no temple) and 50 ducats goes to us
As you can see we are 3 stability, so, after 116 years :
EU3_74-1.jpg

25% of westernisation done
Since now our tech will start to slowly implode, we can send merchants to CoT
EU3_75-1.jpg

Here comes our rich CoT
We get mission to recover negative stability, reward is 5 prestige, why not?
We hire 5 star artist to help us recover it.
EU3_81.jpg

We will just stick to resisting western influence's until military modernization
Our tech's dont skyrocket that much because we have no muslim neighbour for neighbour bonus.
EU3_82.jpg

Sorry British, but you have no boats. No boats = no fun.
We get another colonial company foundd (this is first game I have so much of them) in Konian - non coastal province next to Futa Jallona.
EU3_84-1.jpg

Finnaly, France will get some problems
About France, as you can see Burgundy lost a war against it and is now no match for French people.
Stability rises to 0 and we get new mission - to get above 10 prestige - we will gain +1 stablity from that, great mission durning westernization.
Another decline in army quality, of course we choose to have more quality.
Ottomans keep spamming us with alliance proposals but we decline since they are weak.
EU3_87.jpg

We will use them against Castille in the future
Our colony at Gabon turns into a city.
My heir Muhammad falls ill but we call a medic and it's fine.
EU3_90-1.jpg

3 inflation wont kill me, I dont want to delay westernisation
Ottomans bankrupt because of rebels nad war with Castille, I knew alliance with them would be bad idea.
Let's DoW Elephant country for prestige to complete mission.
Luanda grows to a city and we now have only 1 colony.
EU3_94-1.jpg

50% done
Right after westernization we make peace with Kanem Bornu - we demand their vassalization and 130 ducats.
We complete the mission and are now at -1 stab, new mission - naval race versus ... Hungary.
//Game considers that our rivals are - Hungary, Poland, Novogord,Lithuania and Great Britain (that one's right) well funny.
EU3_97.jpg

We need to be -5 towards centralisation for military modernisation
Cores on Kongo lands appeared.
We also get claims on our rivals, but since we only border GB, we get core on isolated British province - Tuat.
We start slowly colonising land around us and connecting everything, we colonise Cameron and Abomey.
EU3_108-2.jpg

Religious situation in Europe
EU3_113-1.jpg

Here we go, 75% done
We discover South America, let's take a look.
EU3_114-1.jpg

I dont like this
EU3_115-1.jpg

Better
Now we need to wait around 10 years to centralise once more, then we will modernise army and rush towards Europe.
EU3_116.jpg

Or Europe will rush towards us?

Can't wait to see you deal with those British Tuats... What?

Crush the English! Do not let the Imperialist swine win in Africa in this world!