• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you for all comments, I will conquer Great Britain and rename London to New Songhai >: D
Not today ofcourse
Part 9 - British crusade(s) against Songhai

We are now at war with Great Britain, they have 3 provinces near us. Taut is undefended, Infi and Rio de Oro is defended by 2000 English troops. Because we wont land on their homeland our aim will be to whitepeace or concede defeat.
1.jpg

They still dont have ships, Mamluk navy should beat them
We move troops to capture English colonies.
3.jpg

Military drill is must have for us
After 119 days of siege we captured Tuat.
EU3_1-10.jpg

Rich South America must be ours
We send every spy we have to inicite natives in Fernando Po. We dont want Spanish base near us.
EU3_5-6.jpg

Mamluks cannot manage navy
Agricultural revolution in Konian - 2 base tax and 50 ducats.
We capture Rio De Oro, meanwhile England sneaks with 1 cog and seizes our colony in South America, we will get it back soon.
EU3_10-5.jpg

Few months later english seize it again and win a naval battle against us - we lose 1 galley
Claim on our rivals happens, because we dont border any rival we get 10 prestige.
We have recaptured colony in South America and ask England for peace, they accept.
EU3_16-1.jpg

I have a feeling they will attack us right after truce ends...
Now we have to build some cogs for transporting troops. We also build constables everywhere we can for tax boost.
EU3_17.jpg

Some cores
Castille gets core on our colony in SA, they are now much more likely to DoW us.
We get Native assimilation in SA colony twice, trade good appear - Sugar.
Mamluks call us to war against Iraq, we join.
We get another native assimilation.
Our techs are now 9/6/6/6/9, after military modernisation we will want to reach 11 gov for next idea and then we will rush land tech.
EU3_29-2.jpg

We had to colonise it before someone else would steal it
We build new army (7000 infantry) in our recruiting center - Wasuju.
EU3_32-1.jpg

It would be nice base for Castille or England, that's why it must be ours.
We start colonising from Kongo down to Cape.
EU3_36-2.jpg

Greedy Mamluks
1538 - we centralise and are now at -5, we just need 1 more stability to modernise our army.
EU3_39-1.jpg

Great Britain came for us
EU3_40-1.jpg

And this time they have a bit bigger fleet

Well their fleet is mostly transport, which makes it double dangerous for you as they'll be able to put a fair bit of troops in theater quickly. But progress is looking good!

Very nice progress! I'm impressed.

Nice update! Hopefully, you can hold then back again.

Well their fleet is mostly transport, which makes it double dangerous for you as they'll be able to put a fair bit of troops in theater quickly. But progress is looking good!

Actually, the ships are reversed in order. They have 33 big ships.

Great Britain has officialy reached the status of our arch enemy, they may win battle, but we will win war.

Part 10 - On the edge of defeat.

Last part ended when GB decided that it will be fun to attack us while our army cannot compete with them.
EU3_41-1.jpg

First battle won
Mamluks calls us to a defensive war against France. Because France has second largest fleet (first place belongs to Castille) we decline.
English arrive with more troops and start annihilating our spearmans.
EU3_43.jpg

Our army is no match for them
English chase our running army, we will lose around 15k infantry.
EU3_44-1.jpg

Military modernisation durning almost-lost war seems bad, but we need those better troops now.
After we will make sure all our armies are in safe spot we will change from spearmans to longbows.
Rebels start everywhere in our country and bad news come from Castille.
EU3_46-1.jpg

Guess they want to join the party
English troops besige west coast and we have no troops to fight them because everyone is busy with rebelions, Is that end?
EU3_48-1.jpg

Not all is lost, yet.
We get new mission to raise tarrifs effecciny to 100%, that means we need to build 1 big ship or 1 barque.
Castille still hasnt DoWed us which is good and Great Britain decided to accept our generous peace offer.
EU3_51-2.jpg

I dont need this vassal anyway
Now we must raise stability to max, wait for action and reaction modifier to go away and rush land tech.
Another colony company founded in Azawadd, that's province north to Timbuktu.
EU3_56.jpg

Maybe Castille will not DoW us, at least now?
In 1542 we reach third national idea.
EU3_57-1.jpg

Because everyone around has big fleet
We move national focus to capital and formalize scales, weights and measures.
EU3_59.jpg

After looking at stats of my new king and his heir I started to consider switching to republic
1 August 1542 we reach land tech 11 and switch to Galloglaigh infantry, Im not 100% sure they are better than bows.
I forgot to mention, English seized our colony at Arguin, but now seem to have problem with it.
EU3_62-1.jpg

*Evil laugh*
We spend next few years on building, turning our colonies into a cities and rushing land tech. Except few revolts in South America, nothing worth mentioning happens.
Let's take look at Europe and Asia :
EU3_70-1.jpg
Lithuanian worm, Bohemia dead (>: D),Big Blue Blob is even more big, Hungary blobing. Also Castille stole old Prussian lands.
EU3_71-1.jpg
Manchu have met up with Lithuania, Bhutan is still alive and a bit bigger.Vijayanagar is eating all India minors om nom nom.
1547 - we reach 13 land and choose Condotta infantry as our new infantry type.
We move +1 towards aristocracy via event.
EU3_77-1.jpg

Our glorious fleet, big ships in progress
We get the cool Colonial ventures event and choose to invest in naval force : +20 naval investment and -2% naval tech cost modifier.
1551 - almost all colonies have been developed to a cities except Grain Coast, we also reach 16 land tech.
EU3_83-1.jpg

This province always makes me laugh
We cannot yet start conquering North Africa and we dont know way to Mutapa so we have decided to conquer Zapotecs, which rule over Mexico.
EU3_86.jpg

900 gold, thank you
After our great victory over Zapotec pagans Mamluks offered us Alliance proposal, why not?
EU3_88.jpg

Party starts again.

Yay African Central America!

Who controls the Baleares? Sicily?

oO ... That Vijayanagar is about to turn into Hindustan , and they have conquered a bit of Indochine already ...

Stleibowitz - > That's Portugal.
homy_dog -> I still dont have guns and navy.
sprites -> That would be cool, I prefer to conquer large nations rather than hundreds of OPM's :p

Part 11 - Another British Crusade

//This update will be short but I plan more action in next one, you will find out at the end why.

War with Great Britain has begun, the only thing we can do is capture their colonies in Africa and destroy any stack that comes.
Our troops advance into English West Africa.
EU3_91-1.jpg

Except those one regiment they havent had anything there.
After a few months Ifni is under our control.
EU3_92.jpg

Meanwhile English troops capture our islands
4 months passes, English Tuat is still under our siege and english navy start blockading our provinces.
We get a slider move and go toward centralisation (military modernistation decentralised us), we lose -1 stab.
EU3_94-2.jpg

Our navy's not good enough, we lost 1 caravel
English troops land on Arguin - 19k soldiers.
EU3_96.jpg

25k condotta versus 19k troops with guns, this will be hard
After few days of battle, the result is clear.
EU3_97-1.jpg

We lost 20k troops and they 2,4k, seems there is no point fighting them, we must peace asap
We reorganize army and station it next to british troops, but it was pointless.
EU3_101.jpg

I should have retreated
We now run away with all the troops and wait for english to accept any peace, we cannot defeat them.
EU3_103-2.jpg

If we can peace now we will reach guns before truce ends
EU3_104.jpg

Here we go
We have acquired a bit WE and lost some navy but except that nothing bad happend.
We get mission to attack Castille, I guess we wont do that.
The Zapotecs are still alive as it looks like GB and Spain ignore them now. We must make this area safe from their influences by conquering it ourself.
EU3_108-3.jpg

War is fast, we get 2 provinces and 400 ducats
10 January 1559 we convert Honduras to Islam and get Mali culture there - first Mali in North America.
EU3_110.jpg

Another colonial company, I wont complain this time
EU3_111.jpg

Revenge time comes

Good work surviving those two wars with the British! Excellent progress!

Thanks Ashantai :)

Episode 2 - Conquest of French,Spanish and English

Part 1 - Songhai's Noble Republic

Our despotic monarchy is old fashioned, we need to move our sliders faster. Since monarchy is no use for us we will pick republic.
EU3_1-12.jpg

-4 stab :(
New leader : 5 adm 9 dip 8 mil, I plan a lot of wars and infamy so this one is perfect.
We get mission to recover negative stability and event with running serf - we are at -2 stab now.
EU3_5-7.jpg

Sweet, monopoly in our CoT
Our new ruler decided that we are now strong enough to beat Great Britain, we will also have Mamluk help.
EU3_6-4.jpg

We still dont have navy, but who cares?
Our troops capture english colonies in Africa, they land in South America and St.Helena.Our navy - 14 caravels managed to destroy their 3 big ships - naval victory over British!
EU3_11-1.jpg

Mamluks cannot hold British, I was excepting it
At first I wanted to go and help Mamluks, gained military acces from Castille, but when I saw how much attrition I take on the way there I withdrawed.
British advance in Egypt and land endless troops on our coasts, but we manage to repel them.
EU3_20-1.jpg

They are still more advanced in land tech and we need superior numbers.
Fighting continues and we keep getting war exhaustion.In Egypt, British troops advanced to Negev and soon will reach holy land. Rebels are eating Mamluks from other side.
EU3_23-3.jpg

I think I should consider peacing them before Mamluks fall apart
We get event with traveling minstrel and gain 1 stability, now at +1.
1 October 1565 Creek peace out from war but this doesnt make much diffrence.
Same year Zapotecs declare war on us, well If THEY consider us as weak, we must quickly peace out before France or Castille gets for us.
EU3_32-2.jpg

Sorry Mamluks, you should have westernised :rofl:
Durning war we gained much war exhaustion (8) and we must now have some peace to get things together.
3 Months after peace with British, another war starts.
EU3_33.jpg

No time to rest
We peace out Zapotecs, we get one province and 214 ducats.
French have a lot of undeveloped colonies in Carribeans, our army moved there and seized them, after few months French troops appeared and seized most of them back. We seized 5 of their colonies, they seized back 3.
Times passed and nothing worth mentioning happens.
1 August 1567 we get 17 gov and 4th idea : we pick Grand Army, our economy doesnt allow us to pass forcelimit too much.
Our leader dies as general on carribeans, We get new - 9adm,5mil,6dip. Decent one.
Few months passes and France finnaly accept our peace.
EU3_45-1.jpg

We have lost 5 prestige but gained 2 colonies so It may be considered as first victory over European country
1 September 1568 we gain 19 land tech : +0,25 morale boost.
Year later we achieve 17 naval which gives great +0,5 morale boost.
We get a slider move and get it towards land for more manpower and fl.
Our sliders : 4 toward centralisation; 4 towards aristocracy; freesubject-serfdom at 0;5 toward innovative;5 towards merc;1 towards defensive;1 towards land, quality-quanity at 0.
EU3_51-3.jpg

We've got second biggest income but still cannot field a big army because of low tax values
We elect new leader : 5adm,9dip,9mil - Perfect one!
Great Britain dows Mamluks, meanwhile we will grab Zapotecs while they are still there.
EU3_60-2.jpg

A bit greedy (we demanded 1 province but seized a lot), but rebels are weak here
We get mission to naval race versus Great Britain, yea those British, we must defeat them but defend-and-destroy-upcoming-stacks startegy isnt moving us anywhere, there must be other way.
Let's take a look at their homeland, Scotland's dead, Ireland dead. But new hope appears when we spot an OPM on British soil, vassal of Austria.
EU3_64-1.jpg

Cornwall!Someone must have forced GB to release it, and they are still alive because Austria vasaslized them. After few gifts they gave us MA
2 years pass durning which we move 3 stacks to Cornwall, focus on land tech and get another colonial company, this time in Nicaragua.
Our 3 stacks in Cornwall : First : 16/3/0 Second : 17/4/0 Third : 9/4/0. We inflirtated administartion and noticed British have only one main army on island.
12 March 1576 Songhai's Crusade against Great Britain begins. First war between Songhai and GB that will take place on their soil.
EU3_73.jpg

After one month we achieve victory in battle and occupy one province.
June 1576 after 16 days of siege London falls under our control, British main army (I havent destroyed it) ran away to Scotland.
EU3_76-1.jpg

Core for us
Fighting in England continues
EU3_80-1.jpg

We lost one army due to fail leadership (that's me :rofl: )
After annihilating English main army in British we just keep pushing north till we reach Western Isles.
26 May 1578 we make peace with British :
EU3_89-1.jpg
We have seized British colonies in Africa and 5 provinces on their homeland. We achieved a great victory over European power, but that's just begining of our conquests, because road to Castille is open now. Also France wont be happy with it's new neighbour to the north.

Excellent work, and cunning use of Military Access to negate their fleet!

Episode 2 Part 2 - North Africa

Our full focus on land tech resulted in reaching 22 land, which gives better cavalary and +0.5 morale.We are now better than most Europeans which are 20 or 21.
After 3 years of peace French invades us again.
EU3_95-1.jpg
They have small navy so we we move our from port and set sail to French, when suddenly.
EU3_96-1.jpg

In the background you can see small Castille patrol attacking our fleet. We won
French fleet arrives right after we destroy Spanish patrol.They suffer great defeat.
EU3_98-1.jpg

French are now no threat
All troops in Africa are sent to North Africa to fight Spanish. French stack arrives at Africa too but is quickly destroyed.
We sneak one of our armies through Burgundy and assault OPM Holland. We demanded their vassalization.Right after we did that 2 french stacks arrived and annihilated our exhausted army.
EU3_106-2.jpg

Offensive in Africa continues
We get a slider move and move it towards land for more forcelimit and manpower.
EU3_109.jpg

Castille tries to invade England but is quickly destroyed by our army there
More Spanish troops arrive in North Africa and stop our assault. We will have to build great army to push through it.
EU3_113-2.jpg
Spanish move toward Tuat and destroy our troops there
EU3_117.jpg
22 December 1582 we peace out France by removing Kanem Bornu from our SoI. They were not much harm anyway, just attacking St.Helena.
Castille keeps landing one stack in England each 3-4 months. We destroy it each time and gain warscore which will be needed against stubborn Spanish.
EU3_123.jpg

Spanish try to peace us out but we refuse.
Situation changes as our new armies arrive at North Africa. We push Spanish from Tuat and continue assault through Morocco.
EU3_129.jpg
Assault continues and soon we control almost whole Morocco.
EU3_130-1.jpg
Their War Exhaustion is very big but their war capacity is still superior.
EU3_132-1.jpg
November 1584 we reach 19 gov and switch to administrative republic.
Spanish show little resistance in Algiers and still try to invade England.
EU3_138-2.jpg
They sneak a small forces and seize our colony at Nicaragua but we seize it back without problems.
EU3_142-2.jpg
We have raised great army but our manpower is almost dead. Time to consider peace.
Our war score is very big but they are stubborn and refuse any peace. We will get them down to -3 stability with that and see then.
We seized all of their North Africa and brought them down to -3 stab and they agree to peace but gains would be not big.To finnaly make them realize that they lost war we must seize their capital.
EU3_151-1.jpg
They only have one main stack in Iberia which seems too scared to attack our invasion forces.
After almost year of bloody march towards Toledo we managed to occupy their capital.
EU3_155-1.jpg
With North Africa fully under our control, max war exhaustion, -3 stability and capital occupied Castille will accept our peace offer.Our demands are high, we are greedy.
EU3_156-2.jpg
Whole Castilian North Africa in one war. I wasnt expecting such great results. Of course we cannot be at peace so Great Britain DoWs us, there may be a problem beacuse England is now undefended, the troops that were there has been send to capture Toledo.But even if they occupy their core provinces, we wont give them back.

Good job!!

You have taken the first step. In doing a reverse Castillean.:cool:
Next step Granada and southern Castille. Doubtless just avalanche them in next war.:laugh: