Warlock Wars: Ardania in Turmoil - A Warlock: Master of the Arcane MP AAR

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Loki100

l6banner.jpg

Update 2 – Tiddles' diary

Seems we're here to stay, HE reckons this is going to be easy. All he's got to do is a bit of the wizard stuff and they will be so grateful its going to be all milk and fishes for me. Of course this lot are so damn useless they have no boats – so how are they going to provide the fish then? No cows either, so thats the milk off the menu.

Still I reckon I'm in with a chance of decent back rub when his latest spell is ready

Well he seems to think this is the best idea he could come up with. Me, I'd rather they got some fish arranged, but ...

[well its a damn good thing you are not in charge then]

Yeah cockroaches, where there are cockroaches there should be mice ... I like it here

Boo, bad dogs, kill the dogs, yeah fried hot-dog, way to go

Money, its all he thinks about, I want to know when the fish are going to ready

No, wrong, I hate those scaly things ... give me the creeps and they disturb my sleep

[shut it, even you are not so stupid as to trust our human friends?]

err no, no, thats a mistake, really, honestly, you do not want to go that way ... trust me

Seems that at this stage Qorten wasn't aware that you were his close neighbour?

I would assume so since I hadn't seen any of his units, only the very edge of his territory, and chose to keep it that way for a bit longer. I wouldn't know what he saw of course.

So, are we reading each others' updates or not? Because I get the sense you are. ;)

Surely such seasoned vets as you lot combined would know to play a few turns ahead and not reveal anything too important in your posts? At least not until it's too late for the others to do anything about it? :)

Sounds interesting so far - great potential for cunning plans and epic griping when things inevitably go south. :p

Curses, might have to add this game to my 'future purchase' list if this stays as interesting as it currently looks. Maybe I should just stop reading stuff loki writes for the sake of my bank account. :p

Surely such seasoned vets as you lot combined would know to play a few turns ahead and not reveal anything too important in your posts? At least not until it's too late for the others to do anything about it? :)

Oh we're playing ahead alright. Some information just doesn't "expire" very soon at all...

Curses, might have to add this game to my 'future purchase' list if this stays as interesting as it currently looks. Maybe I should just stop reading stuff loki writes for the sake of my bank account. :p

That's the problem with following a guy who actively tries to write about all of his games. ;) That said, the game would probably deserve its place on such a list.

Oh yes, this game is more then worth it's money. Especially with MP. Just sad that they didn't put in PBEM.

2cbanner.jpg

warlockmpaar020.jpg

Turn 6

"Hello victims... er readers. Welcome to One's next update in our wars to liberate Ardania from those pesky living factions. Let it said that the stupidity of humans (and monsters) is only bettered by the brainless ambling of the Undead."

"To begin with no alert icons appeared at the start of this turn. This failure of the computational magiks is but a small set-back. Upon reviewing our situation, out bands of warriors and archers are seeking victims to the west. While settlers look to colonize to the south-east, a fresh set of archers are just behind them."

warlockmpaar021.jpg

"I decide to not beat about the bush and move all my units to the west to take what is there, en masse. As my units reach the edge of their range, they spy a mighty looking town, guarded by defensive towers and a group of serious looking human veterans. They shall not be hard to defeat! Within its borders though is a prize of booty. Much needed cash for the coffers! Unfortunately my slow-moving settlers are unable to reach their preferred site this turn. Drats.... and double-drats!!"

"With the funds already to hand it is decided to build a unit of Green Bats and 2 units of archers. The former to scout the area quickly and claim any newly found loot. The latter are to ensure we are able to capture thehuman city to the west. With over 100 mana stored up I look to see what spells we have available only to discover we have none.... drats!!"

Turn 7

warlockmpaar022.jpg

"It looks like the veterans were not going to stand around for a declaration of war and decided to cut down a great number of our skeletal brothers before they had the chance to seize the initiative. To make things worse a gaggle of spiders came down from the hills and nearly sorbeted the other band of archers
and managed to gain a perk in experience (bladewall +20 resist vs melee.) At least the warriors retreated to safety in time. The archers where able to pick off the remnants of the spiders. Some times I despair....other times I ..."

warlockmpaar023.jpg

"So too our plans gather momentum with the upgrade of the Koatl village to a Koatl House within our capital's borders. Now with this prized asset we can build the ferocious lizard-type-people-persons-warrior-thingies. Therefore with out Bats newly built One decided to hold recruiting weak boney skeletons in favour of three bands of rampaging Koatl spears."

"In the east, the green bats make contact with a roving band of fellow undead flying an orange banner. One makes representations to their leader asking for a non-aggression pact to be signed between our factions. Lets just say Empress, that's her name was rather rude. But I like that!"

Turn 8

"A new day continues the general malady about the place. The enemy veterans continue to cause havoc against my feeble skeletons. No units die, but two are still gravely wounded. It will take a miracle to dispatch these foes or maybe some Koatl Spears... To make matters worse, the enemy unit remains unharmed. And the captain of the unit able to attack looks at the odds and decides against any attack. At 3 dam vs 10 dam who can blame him. As such One begins to inch all One's forces back towards One's capital.

warlockmpaar025.jpg

"To add insult to injury that gormless imposter of an undead ruler declines our invitation for peace. To top it all off many a monsters den has spawned across Ardania bringing the hazards of more hungry creatures to One's doors! At least the humans and monsters are plumper than we undead!"

Turn 9

warlockmpaar026.jpg

"More bad news is delivered as One discovers that one of the skeleton warrior units has been dispatched by the veteran warriors of the humans. Though now One's forces can strike back, as our first band of Koatl spears rolls of the conveyor belt! Some more good news as the royal coffers get an influx of much needed booty."

warlockmpaar026a.jpg

"The green bats were able to move into and discover some lovely baubles from an Imp's portal to the east. One is now in a better mood!"

Turn 10

warlockmpaar029.jpg

"Just as our forces reached the safety confides a new threat appears from the fog of war to the east of the capital. A group of Predator spiders along with other spider creatures appear from their lair somewhere beyond the bounds of vision and slay the veteran humans. Where one threats disappear, another appears.... it would seem."

"Luckily for us the predator spiders are within reach of our Bat Fort defences and those of the captial proper. A the combination of archers, bat fort and a whopping great critical hit of 17 points almost destroys the predators where their stand.... or whatever it is spiders do! The skeleton warriors finish them off for good measure. The group of archers gains a level and the marksman perk (+20% missile attack.)"

warlockmpaar029.jpg

"
Furthermore our green bats continue to bring back more bounty as more gold is liberated from a lost caravan to the east. They
continue their scouting mission and report some mixed developments. They have discovered a mystic portal.... being guarded by an very frustrated looking group of Fire Elementals. One would do well not to upset them further. Worse though are the apparent movements of the sinew faced old croak Empress. She is moving to expand her domain.... by the looks of it - into ours!"

warlockmpaar028.jpg

"This can only mean one thing - war!!!!"

Last edited:
qnbanner.jpg

Turns 6 to 9.

Mmmm, that was one nice nap. Why did you wake me from it, you wretched fools?

Whaaat?! Another Great Mage? Where who, when? To the west, you say? Monsters like us, you say? A most interesting development!

2012-08-25_00001.jpg

And you, what do you want? What?! You dolt! You attacked the Earth Elemental guarding the Portal and you lost? Yes, what did you think, one Spearmen and two Archer untis against a freakin' Earth Elemental! And here I was thinking you'd become better at following orders. Now you're just making them up as you go! Ugh, at least some archers survived.

Now we'd better scout out some more of this Malurous fellow and train some more units. Thanks to you dolts he'd be able to just walk all over us!

2012-08-25_00002.jpg

2012-08-25_00002.jpg

*Really the only important thing that happened during these turns was me finding Malurous. Nothing else of interest to report, but it gets better with time!

Oh we're playing ahead alright. Some information just doesn't "expire" very soon at all...
You could always use that your advantage though and feed disinformation. ;)

Photoshop in a few extra units and talk about how strong your army is. I figure it's easier to add units in then it would be to try and remove them. All for the sake of tricking those who trying to get an upper hand by reading your post and viewing unit layout.

You could always use that your advantage though and feed disinformation. ;)

Photoshop in a few extra units and talk about how strong your army is. I figure it's easier to add units in then it would be to try and remove them. All for the sake of tricking those who trying to get an upper hand by reading your post and viewing unit layout.

Ah, I see you're onto me. That's why I'm posting my update so much later than 2Coats and Qorten - meticulously editing my troop placements, the resources in my lands etc. so I can then lie about the events in the text took several days. The hexes help though, just copy/paste one hex at a time and it's much simpler to make it look believable. ;)

msbannerd.jpg

Turn 6

Qorten has found me - his Ratman Robbers are exploring around my capital.

Turn 7

Wyverndell finishes the construction of the Pig Farm. There's room for some more units now, even with the new spearmen I got this turn. I go for Ratman Robbers to help with the scouting.

In another situation I might recruit a settler here instead, but military might is more important with Qorten so close and plenty of neutral cities nearby and ready for conquest.

Speaking of neutral cities, one more is discovered as the new spearmen head northeast.

02_01.jpg

Turn 8

The monster lair event fires between turns - I don't see anything new near my lands though.

My archers, scouting in the south, find gold. I'll definitely want to settle in this area.

02_02.jpg

Meanwhile, I misclick and waste two turns with my settler who's trying to get into position to build my second city.

Turn 9

I learn the Healing spell. With nothing of particular short term interest available I go for Summon Ghost Wolves; at least that might have its uses in a pinch.

The Goblin Archers loot a lost caravan, recovering a spell in the process.

02_03.jpg

With the ratmen finished I start recruiting some Gnome Settlers next.

Turn 10

My existing settlers are finally in position to establish the city next turn. Looking at Qorten's activities in the southeast, my fumbling with them might have far-reaching consequences: with him set to conquer the local neutral city, it might become a race of border growth for those all-important ancient ruins. If I lose such a race by one or two turns after messing around with the settlers I'm not going to be amused.

02_04.jpg

In the south my archers damage a pack of wolves, earning the +20% missile damage perk. The ratmen finish off the wolves and loot the den.

02_05.jpg

In an attempt to protect my troops I blast the remaining wolves with a Lesser Shadow Bolt. A bit of a waste perhaps but better than risking units for no good reason.

Update 3 – Tiddles' diary 6-10

l6banner.jpg

Oh, thats better, my paw was soooo sore ... yes, now I want a back rub, purr purr

oh and yep, the humans are doing the usual 'run away screaming when they meet the big scary monster', this is not going to end well.

He thinks that will give them some more backbone ... well first they need to stop running in circles like little scared mice

I think they were making it up – I mean can you see a monster?

Nope still no monsters, they really were making it up. I am not sure that trusting my future supplies of milk and fish to humans was such a good idea.

Eeek, first those awful lizard things (I mean have you ever had your chin rubbed by a lizard) and then ... it seems it was true ... there is a big scary monster. Well he says he is off to deal with it.

Oh get him, nice ice effects on his sword, that is really going to scare the big bad beasties

Shut it tiddles

2cbanner.jpg

TURN 11

warlockmpaar030.jpg

"Aaaccckkk! The withdrawal of One's troops worked a treat. All but one resides within the capitals borders. One can now look to focus their efforts against one target"

"Good news also arrived in the form of an message from the Chief Necromancer. The newest spell has been added to our arcane casters repetoire. The spell in question being the the all powerful - SHADOW BOLT. Now we can inflict some serious damage against our foes... Empress being the first target!"

"Now One has to choose the next spell One's adepts will focus on uncovering. Hmmmm.... after some consternation One chooses another implement of battle - FROST WEAPON. May it serve our armies well in the forth-coming campaign! In regards to One's forces, most are rested this turn, in order to return them to full strength or nearly full strength. Only the unit outside out territory sees valiant action against a den of giant spiders. A small victory is registered!"

warlockmpaar031.jpg

"Next a decision on which building to erect in the capital needs to be made. One's initial thoughts were to build the House of Secrets, to obtain some powerful warriors, but on this occasion as One's cities are in need of food, One chooses to construct a Pig Farm. Food..... FOOD!!! Why does One's subjects need food!?!"

warlockmpaar032.jpg

"News from the east arrives as One's Green Bats uncover more of the lands in that direction. As well as Empress' small city state, a mystic portal guarded by a flaming behemoth is surveyed and noted for further inspection!"

"In addition the unit build queue shows two koatl spears and another wing of Green Bats."

TURN 12

"Bad news it seems. Empress did not take kindly to our Green Bats in her territory - and had them dispatched! One more reason to wipe her out" Other activity this time is slow."

warlockmpaar033.jpg

"The monster eating spiders are delivered a near fatal blow and as a result, One's forces are able to capture a small treasure located within their den, before the construction is burned to the ground! Ewwww! One hates creepy crawlies!!!"

warlockmpaar034.jpg

"The rest of this period is spent moving units west.... One has decided that the liberation of the neutral city is more desperate in terms of necessity. Furthermore one of skeleton warriors goes up a level in experience."

TURN 13

"Nothing much happens this time. Most units are healed from the previous turns actions. While one unit moves from the north nearer to the independent city which is One's target!"

warlockmpaar035.jpg

"One other this... the artefact captured earlier in the campaign is disenchanted for a gain of an additional 50 mana."

TURN 14

"What a different a turn makes...."

warlockmpaar036.jpg

"Immediately our five units of Koatls and skeletons move into the perimeter of the enemy city and begin to attack the veteran warriors defending. Together with the enemy fort, this will be the toughest encounter faced by One's armies. The use of magic with the Shadow Bolt makes this difference."

warlockmpaar039.jpg

"The pig farm is completed in the capital and a new quest is issued - to build a Craftsmen's District! In One's second city, construction of a market place is begun."

TURN 15

"Opening moves sees the newly created wing of Green bats moves south and discover another independent city. That makes four now in our vicinity."

"One's force advance into the perimeter of the target city - Baronfell and immediately assault the defensive towers. Now both Veterans and the defence tower are below 50% strength. Meanwhile one unit moves to capture 50 gold from a Lost caravan, just north of the city. While another moves into the recently vacated spiders nest adding a further 60 gold and 50 mana to the kingdom's coffers! Eeeeaaassssy money!"

warlockmpaar0311.jpg

"With the majority of the fighting done all that remains is to cast another Shadow Bolt. This time One has the benefit of being able to target both enemy unit and city. Scoring a double hit on the enemy! One of the more wounded units that was unable to take part in the attack, is rested - to gain some strength in numbers."

warlockmpaar0312.jpg

"Now all that remains is to wait for our opponents to cast their dies and we can follow up our impressive offensive with that all important first city capture. And at level 5, this city will be a boon to our growing kingdom."

Last edited:
Hi - It is until theres a message saying otherwise. Its on a little Hiatus at the moment.... we hopefully reconvene shortly. :)
Just so you know we are a number of turns ahead in the game about 30 I think. So hopefully the guys can start posting their turns soon.

Thanks for taking the time to read. :)