+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Strange error message regarding non-existent Essex-txt

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles

Strange error message regarding non-existent Essex-txt

I installed the Imperium Romanum minimod, and got an error message that seemingly has nothing to do with the mod:

Odd, since I can find neither discfile.cpp nor Essex.txt. The absence of the latter is probably the problem, but how do I fix it?
    GENERATION 38: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    -General Norman Schwarzkopf
    (Sorry, I just had to! :P)

I havnt tried the mod but you could always download another copy of MEIOU and steal the essex script from that one.

But I thought Essex didn't exist in normal MEIOU either? I don't see how downloading something would delete something else.
    Well, worth a shot.

Alright, there's no Essex.txt in the freshly downloaded MEIOU copy either. Maybe Malicite referred to Essex.txt somewhere in the minimod?
    Last edited by NorwayBernd; 19-07-2012 at 11:06.
    GENERATION 38: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Check common/countries.txt to see that Malicite didn't accidentally uncomment the line that reads "ESS = "countries/Essex.txt"

(EDIT)
    It was uncommented, as was OXF and WSS.
    Last edited by SirkTheMonkey; 19-07-2012 at 11:10. Reason: Downloaded and checked for myself
    Ex-MEIOU fellow (on a long unplanned hiatus, may go back later) - AARland Fan of the Week: 3 Feb '13

<Between Characters> in ThunderHawk3's Edge of Europe - A Belgian Interactive AAR (Previous characters: Palomer, Cartier,
    Jean de Croÿ, Willems-Hopegood)

Thankyou! I would never have guessed..! Many thanks, again

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagickaVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Thanks for helping solve that, Sirk~

In case you were wondering why Essex was out, here's a peek!
    Last edited by Malicite; 19-07-2012 at 15:37.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    80 games registered

200k clubCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Essex used to be in the mod. Then, by popular request (especially English people desperate to see England crumble in a HRE-like manner, although enjoying France do so ) and to save some tags, it has been since removed.

Looks like the mini-mod is a little outdated. The "countries.txt" file will therefore also create a lot of colonisable land especially in India
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Auretus Ornithorhynchus anatinus, in hoc signo vinces. In honorem Paradox! •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    Essex used to be in the mod. Then, by popular request (especially English people desperate to see England crumble in a HRE-like manner, although enjoying France do so ) and to save some tags, it has been since removed.
    Oh, okay.

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post

Looks like the mini-mod is a little outdated. The "countries.txt" file will therefore also create a lot of colonisable land especially in India
    What? Wait a minute, gotta check that.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagickaVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

The file shouldn't be outdated as I didn't take the file wholesale from the earlier version of the mod. I just took the lines corresponding to the countries I was getting out of it.

Ship Simulator Extremes

I once broke England into every single one of the English states. Sadly you need England to exist and for English lands to be held by a non-english country and have nationalist rebels rise up. As soon as they win a seige their country gets a core and they can be released (once you regain control of the province or let them break away)

York and Lancaster are still in the game as far as I am aware but they were in vanilla too. almost couldn't believe my eyes when I saw 'em.

Northumberland is in there still too.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    80 games registered

200k clubCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    York and Lancaster have been kept as i still hope to make a War of the Roses feature.

Cornwall has been kept as cultural revolter.

Northumberland, i'm not sure i remember why i kept.

But the other nations within England have been removed.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Auretus Ornithorhynchus anatinus, in hoc signo vinces. In honorem Paradox! •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

+ Reply to Thread