+ Reply to Thread

Thread: issues adding a country.

issues adding a country.

I was trying to add my own little country in the crimean area however I ran into a few problem.

1. Instead of having the proper name it simply has the Tag for it as the name (ATE). It is a port of the Antean Union from the romans in 1356 mod. I kept the country file the same as it was but up where it had the name "Antean union" i changed it to "Antea" however That didn't help so I changed the whole file to Antea and did the whole "See file name" thing but It still shows up as the Tag.

2. Starting a game as them i simply went into the save file to give myself the cores and territory and such. The only issue with all of this is that I seem to have no territory discovered for myself which makes it sort of hard to fight off the blue horde who is at my doorstep from turn one. Is there a way to make me discover the same territory as my neighbors without having to go to every damn province and edit it so that I discovered it?

Any help would be appreciated. I feel I have all my other bases covered in this and was even able to add my own culture for it (I'm proud of myself for this lol)

edit.
    3. Forgot to add that even though i edited the country to be a despotic_monarchy_2 it still shows up as (no govornment) when I select it from the start. SOLVED
    Last edited by JoeSteel; 19-07-2012 at 11:25.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Creating_a_new_country
    Have you seen that guide? It should help you troubleshoot most/all of your issues.
    Ex-MEIOU fellow (on a long unplanned hiatus, may go back later) - AARland Fan of the Week: 3 Feb '13

<Between Characters> in ThunderHawk3's Edge of Europe - A Belgian Interactive AAR (Previous characters: Palomer, Cartier,
    Jean de Cro˙, Willems-Hopegood)

I just took a look at the guide and i'm going to guess that the localisation thing is the reason my country name isnt popping up for me. However looking at the MEIOU localisation I dont see the same file and none of them look like the one in the guide. It also said nothing about How I set it so I discover the provinces. I did however look over my files and realised that I put "depotic" instead of "despotic".

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Ah right, the localisations you are after are MEIOU Masterlist. I quite like how tidy MEIOU's files are: practically all the events are in Events, provinces are in Province, and everything else should be in Masterlist except for some minor stuff in Pending.

As for exploration, which technology group did you assign the new nation to?
    Ex-MEIOU fellow (on a long unplanned hiatus, may go back later) - AARland Fan of the Week: 3 Feb '13

<Between Characters> in ThunderHawk3's Edge of Europe - A Belgian Interactive AAR (Previous characters: Palomer, Cartier,
    Jean de Cro˙, Willems-Hopegood)

Ok I just testing everything and it runs fine except for me discovering things. Do I have to edit the province history files to make sure my nation is there at the start of things to have all the western stuff discovered? That is the only thing i could think of.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Which tech group did you set your new nation in ? You should be able to see every province known by your tech group. Be sure to check the spelling of your tech group name.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

+ Reply to Thread