+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Creating a dynasty like Valois, Bourbone, etc

59 games registered

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    ImpireKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries

Creating a dynasty like Valois, Bourbone, etc

It would be awesome if u could create a new dynasty for a 2nd, 3rd and other sons u have. Like it was in history.
    For example i want to give to my second son a county of Eu, and to call his dynasty Capet-Eu.
    And it can use main dynasty CoA or it would be better so u can create a new CoA directly in game (like in Ruler Designer) for example it would be main Capet CoA with some additional stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_du_sang
    Last edited by dorimi; 19-07-2012 at 09:44.
    I like cats and i have no friends. I tend to overuse sarcasm much!
    Check out my mods for EU IV - click to see full list
    Purple Phoenix Arise - Byzantine overhaul modification.
    Third Rome - Russian overhaul modification.
    Das Kaisertum - Brandenburg, Prussia and Germany overhaul.
    A.E.I.O.U. - Austrian and Habsburgs overhaul modification.
    Check out my mods for CK2 - click to see full list
    Damascus Steel + Ancient Swords
    Council mod - do you remember EU:Rome? Ex-Generals? Ex-Chancellor? Here you go!
    Historical bloodline traits - Sayyid from vanilla? Bloodlines from LI? Here you have a bloodline traits for historical dynasties, from Arsacids to Drăculești (Basarab) !

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This was going to be put in, but it was removed during development.

The thing is, as the rules currently work, there is literally no reason to do this.

Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Tempestra View Post
    This was going to be put in, but it was removed during development.

The thing is, as the rules currently work, there is literally no reason to do this.
    I'd like to rename some dynasties when you invite people via the intrigue screen. It seems daft to me when they come with names such as 'de Kent' and you make them Counts someplace else such as Lancaster.

Therefore I could rename them to d'Lancaster or something more appropriate.

59 games registered

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    ImpireKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    mb they could make it like DLC
    I like cats and i have no friends. I tend to overuse sarcasm much!
    Check out my mods for EU IV - click to see full list
    Purple Phoenix Arise - Byzantine overhaul modification.
    Third Rome - Russian overhaul modification.
    Das Kaisertum - Brandenburg, Prussia and Germany overhaul.
    A.E.I.O.U. - Austrian and Habsburgs overhaul modification.
    Check out my mods for CK2 - click to see full list
    Damascus Steel + Ancient Swords
    Council mod - do you remember EU:Rome? Ex-Generals? Ex-Chancellor? Here you go!
    Historical bloodline traits - Sayyid from vanilla? Bloodlines from LI? Here you have a bloodline traits for historical dynasties, from Arsacids to Drăculești (Basarab) !

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Culinia View Post
    I'd like to rename some dynasties when you invite people via the intrigue screen. It seems daft to me when they come with names such as 'de Kent' and you make them Counts someplace else such as Lancaster.

Therefore I could rename them to d'Lancaster or something more appropriate.
    The problem with the generic courtier names is that they use patterns which would generally denote the holder of the land, not somebody simply from there, at least in the case of a noble. 'De Kent' implies somebody from the family of the rulers of Kent (current or past).
    CK2 Succession Survival Guide
    CK2 Book of Tips (46 and counting)
    CK2 suggestions of fixes and improvements (63 and counting)

CK2 AARs:
    Dominus Regni Poloniae (8 Feb 1296 Duchy of Greater Poland, finished)
    Lives of the Saints (Various times and places, single-character games)
    Land's End (A tale from Tintagel)
    CEO, EMEA (Guess what)

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIMagicka

County of Pfalz, HRE. But originally from Charolais, Burgundy.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbieOne View Post
    The problem with the generic courtier names is that they use patterns which would generally denote the holder of the land, not somebody simply from there, at least in the case of a noble. 'De Kent' implies somebody from the family of the rulers of Kent (current or past).
    It can also simply indicate the place he comes from. See Leonardo da Vinci, who's family didn't rule the city of Vinci, as far as I know.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: CharlemagneCrusader Kings II: Way of Life

Quote Originally Posted by Effixel View Post
    It can also simply indicate the place he comes from. See Leonardo da Vinci, who's family didn't rule the city of Vinci, as far as I know.
    Or Walther von der Vogelweide... He was never ruler of a place with the name Vogelweide.

+ Reply to Thread