+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This is probably a dumb question, but....

This is probably a dumb question, but....

How exactly do I install the 1 .4 patch for vanilla (non ahd) Vicky 2? Or does it have an installer like 1.3 now?

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k club

You have to download the beta (patch is only in beta form wont be finished) from the tech support forum or just search for it. Then just extract it over your vic 2 directory using like winzip or 7zip.

I did that but for some reason the game crashes now whenever I try to load up as any country

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireKing Arthur II
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesV2 AHD BetaPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Shep505 View Post
    I did that but for some reason the game crashes now whenever I try to load up as any country
    Go into your Documents\Paradox Interactive\Victoria 2\map\ folder and delete the cache subfolder.
    If for some reason it isn't there, delete the cache folder in your install folder ie c:\program files\paradox interactive\victoria 2\map

Reload the game, it'll do some extra initialization. Once it gets to the menu, quit and reload it once more. Let us know if it works.

+ Reply to Thread