+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wrong Flags

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Beál Fierste, pero mi corazón está en España.

Wrong Flags

I've been making my own mod and everythign has been working fine until i added in the latest country and things started acting weird, some countries have the wrong flag, for example catalonia had the belgian fascist flag, i don't know why this is happening and would like some help, also it has got really laggy too, also austria keeps using a restoration of the empire CB on my newly created country even though they don't have cores, how do i stop this?

(well i have fixed the flag problem but the game is still really laggy and now most of the decisions have lost their names)
    (i think i figured out why it's laggy, there are 2 events called "allow_title" adn "effects_title" which do not disaper after you fire them so the ai just spams them constantly but i have no idea where they have came from)
    Last edited by LYNCHY; 18-07-2012 at 23:28. Reason: PROGRESS!
    "Political freedom without economic equality is a pretence, a fraud, a lie; And the workers want no lying." - Mikhail Bakunin

We fight for The One, True, Catholic, Apostolic, Penguin Faction, for the glory of all the true Penguins, VIVA REY PENGÜISMO!

"...I am more Irish than all of you..." - Asamy

Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!
    حرروا فلسطين

GO HAMMARBY! sadly relegated due to Sathariel not being as good as me

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

any help?
    "Political freedom without economic equality is a pretence, a fraud, a lie; And the workers want no lying." - Mikhail Bakunin

We fight for The One, True, Catholic, Apostolic, Penguin Faction, for the glory of all the true Penguins, VIVA REY PENGÜISMO!

حرروا فلسطين

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Really depends on what you did to add the country. "I added a country and now it's broken" doesn't tell us much.

I do know that if you're seeing the "allow_title" and "effects_title" what you probably have is an error in your decisions, not in your countries. A bad bracket in one of your decisions will do that, or a tag that's used in a decision but which is no longer actually in the game.

My suggestion would be to use the validator to debug what you've done and find the error.

i haven't changed anything in the decisions folders, i'm not even sure where it is, i have added many other countries but as soon as i added in this one this came up, i did the exact same thing as i have done with all the other countries (using the modding guide on the wiki) so i don't know why it has stopped working now

حرروا فلسطين

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

You may have messed up somewhere with your localisation files, you should make sure there is an empty line at the end of each and that they have the correct number of semi-colons, ';'.
    Europa Universalis IV Scottish Let's Play/AAR
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...0#post15996540

i'm looking through them now, but is algeria's meant to be like this " REMOVE_ALD;Aldjazair;Algérie;Al Djazair;;Argel;;;;;;;;;;x;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"

I've went through the files but everything seems to be fine, is there anything else i should be looking for?, the only things i've done are add new countries and change some pops.
    Last edited by LYNCHY; 20-07-2012 at 18:52.

حرروا فلسطين

Localization files are not going to change the flags or cause those other problems-- you'd just end up with countries all being labeled with the wrong names.

Short of knowing exactly what you did ("I followed the modding guide" is not helpful, as the answer can only be the equally vague "then you must have done something wrong") my suggestion would be to first remove your most recent changes and make sure the game still works. If so, then you know it's definitely these changes and not something else. I've gone through hours of debugging only to discover the problem was something else completely unrelated.

Assuming that's the case, the place I would look first is your countries.txt file. Missing a comment notation or a quotation mark can screw up all your tags-- which could be the source of your issue as well.

And, again, the validator is your friend. Use it to find your errors and you won't have to ask anyone on the forums to figure it out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    Localization files are not going to change the flags or cause those other problems-- you'd just end up with countries all being labeled with the wrong names.

Short of knowing exactly what you did ("I followed the modding guide" is not helpful, as the answer can only be the equally vague "then you must have done something wrong") my suggestion would be to first remove your most recent changes and make sure the game still works. If so, then you know it's definitely these changes and not something else. I've gone through hours of debugging only to discover the problem was something else completely unrelated.

Assuming that's the case, the place I would look first is your countries.txt file. Missing a comment notation or a quotation mark can screw up all your tags-- which could be the source of your issue as well.

And, again, the validator is your friend. Use it to find your errors and you won't have to ask anyone on the forums to figure it out for you.
    will do, it was a missing quotation mark that mucked up all the flags, don't know why though

حرروا فلسطين

Quote Originally Posted by LYNCHY View Post
    will do, it was a missing quotation mark that mucked up all the flags, don't know why though
    Because it would screw up all the tags beneath wherever the mistake was. Mixed up tags means mixed up flags. It means that CB's which call on tags (such as the Austrian Empire Restoration CB) would be screwed up. It means decisions which called on tags which are no longer valid would be screwed up (hence the "allow_title" and so forth).

ok, i've been looking through the files unable to find anything so far, but it's only countries between siam and qing in the country files that get the events so i'm guessing the mistake is somewhere above there

حرروا فلسطين

i ended up copying a file out of another copy of viccy and it works fine now, thanks for your help

حرروا فلسطين

+ Reply to Thread