• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Regina

Lt. General
5 Badges
Jan 29, 2008
www.paradoxdevelopmentstudio.com
  • Majesty 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
Hey everyone!

So a chunk of our dev team has sneaked out of the office on vacation,
but I can at least tell you a few tidbits about March of the Eagles ;)

The game design has been done by Johan, King & Birken.
And Birken was the man behind our Mac port, so I hope all you Mac fans give him a warm welcome.

We’re also working with the Rost3dSprites team for the animated soldiers and ships on the map.
Just so you know, these are the same guys that have done all the spritepack dlc’s for Eu3, HoI3 & Victoria 2.

The music is made by the team that made the music for Sengoku, Knights of Soundtrack.
We have set the challenge of giving us that epic Napoleonic feel to the sound track and we really can’t wait to see what they create.

Danevang is making the pictures for all the uniforms of the units.
That is the same guy who made the faces for CK2, we know that cool uniform pictures add something to your experience so we got ourselves a man to make them.

You will find out more soon, promise :)

Last edited:
So basically, only 3 man development team? So it's more on the scale of Sengoku or EU3 expansion pack than a Crusader Kings 2?
Paradox Development Studio have grown, morphed and changed quite alot through its history, but the core still remains. There will be a history here eventually.

We are now a development studio fully owned by Paradox Interactive, with 23 people on staff, working on 4 games in parallell.

- We have a team of 3 artists led by Aerie, who makes all the art for our titles.
- Besuchov leads one project team of 4 people.
- Doomdark leads one project team of 3 people.
- Birken leads one project team of 3 people.
- Podcat leads one project team of 3 people.
- QA is two people, with Forzaa as QA manager.

- Main staff of me as Studio Manager, King as Game Designer, Tegus as Engine Programmer, Kallocain as producer, and Regina as PR.

God, we've grown a bit since we were 7 people doing EU3...

IIRC Doomark was the lead on ck2....

Great info, I can't wait for this release!

Well at least some of us aren't on holiday, but working hard. Lazy bunch at Paradox...wait...is this thing on? :D Heh.

Very good information!!! I really love to play the new games very much, I am very excited by hearing about this game. I hope the graphics, animations and the music will be good. Playing the games will improves the persons skills, hope this game too will improve our skills and gives a lot of entertainment.

So basically, only 3 man development team? So it's more on the scale of Sengoku or EU3 expansion pack than a Crusader Kings 2?

Don´t worry! This will be a full game.
But it will be something special, cause it will be a focused experience gameplay wise, you will see ;)
And also, keep in mind that here at the pdx dev studio, we tend to be very flexible and help each other on different projects!

How long are you planning on to support this game and will it get full patching, etc? I'm a bit worried because this was originally NCPII.
Does the new QC policy apply to this game?
Are you planning to release a demo?
Are you planning to release any dlc's?

How long are you planning on to support this game and will it get full patching, etc? I'm a bit worried because this was originally NCPII.
Does the new QC policy apply to this game?
Are you planning to release a demo?
Are you planning to release any dlc's?

Oh my, many questions!

First of all, this game is one of our babies and we will of course support it and patch it!

The game is not NCPII even if that is where the idea started. And as Johan said:
"It will be a game that looks and feels like what our gamers have come to expect from a PDS game."
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...March-of-the-Eagles-A-Europa-Universalis-Game

That naturally includes support and patching according to the QC, we care about our games!
Regarding demo and dlc, that´s a bit too early to say right now. But as soon as we know, you will know! :)

I can't wait for more details, but I'm already pretty excited.