• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Caramel95

Major
24 Badges
Feb 21, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
So i was just wondering whats the longest you have had a king or queen? :) im currently playing as England and the current monarch (Queen Mary I De Trastamara) has been on the throne for like 50+ years and her heir is in his 40's or 50's. Mary is the first in the de trastamara dynasty of England, and it would be a bit annoying if her heir was to die and then her die herself lol.

Well, around 90 years alive, 70 of which on the throne (third ruler of Minamoto). Since I was waiting for two PUs to be inherited for the formation of Japan, it was a real pain -- though I will always salute his longevity. He suvived two sons, one of which lived into his early 50s.

Longest AI ruler I've seen ruled 164 years, the duke of Guyenne. D&T 5.14.
Longest I have, an Empress of Byzantium, began her rule at age 7 and lived well into her 90's. Same game as above.

Longest AI ruler I've seen ruled 164 years, the duke of Guyenne. D&T 5.14.
Longest I have, an Empress of Byzantium, began her rule at age 7 and lived well into her 90's. Same game as above.

How the hell did he live that long?!

How the hell did he live that long?!
Hell if I know. I noticed it when I loaded as them as I wanted to move their capital offseas, then in Resign screen it showed this ruler who had ruled from late 14th century to mid 16th.

Inversting in education?

King Henry IV Lancaster of England lived from 1399 to 1439 in one game of mine. Outlived Henry V *and* an 8/8/8 heir. His eventual replacement was something like a 4/6/3. I was not amused.

There should be a option to invest to your heirs skill development... having your monarch outliving an educated heir would be a loss.... but not a catastrophy as it is now....

Bad monarch stats arent that bad by themselves.... however the fact that you need mimimum stats to pass a decision or two gen be quite unnerving...

I has a Supperb Queen of Castile with stat 9/8/9... that could not pass the militia act....because she was female.. had to make her sex changed in the save files...

There should be able to do some minor modifications to your monarchs or heir within game.. not by edditing...

Why do queens live far more than my kings?Are they witches? :p

Well, just as an update, shes been on the throne 56 years, and her heir is 51. i will be so pissed if he dies, then she dies without an heir. If that does happen i would be going onto my third dynasty and 6th monarch in the early 1500's.
Why do queens live far more than my kings?Are they witches?
Zezeb is right, they're brainwashing witches who want your children. BURN MARY I DE TRASTAMARA, WHO CARES IF SHES BEEN THE BEST AND MOST SUCCESSFUL ENGLISH/BRITISH MONARCH OF ALL TIME. SHES A VILE SPANISH WITCH. *gets flaming stick and pitch fork*

Well, just as an update, shes been on the throne 56 years, and her heir is 51. i will be so pissed if he dies, then she dies without an heir. If that does happen i would be going onto my third dynasty and 6th monarch in the early 1500's.

Zezeb is right, they're brainwashing witches who want your children. BURN MARY I DE TRASTAMARA, WHO CARES IF SHES BEEN THE BEST AND MOST SUCCESSFUL ENGLISH/BRITISH MONARCH OF ALL TIME. SHES A VILE SPANISH WITCH. *gets flaming stick and pitch fork*

We will feast on their corpses tonight! Mohahahahaha!

I would like to take this time to declare the death of the great Mary I De Trastamara Empress of England and the commonwealth. (My game crashed out on me so i had to go back like 5 years) She reigned for 55 years, and saw the beginning and the growth and the English Empire. Her eldest son, Philip succeeds to throne with his eldest daughter, Princess Jane as heir.
We will feast on their corpses tonight! Mohahahahaha!
that is a very dark and worrying thing to put :blink:

The ruler of Guyenne wasn't one from a recently released nation was he? I've seen some weird stuff with heirs/advisors of nations which get released.

Not sure if it is the longest I've had, but my most recent Mamluks game had someone rule for 63 years and 3 months. (November 1356 start from a random Mamelukian noble replacing the heirless dead king - Feb 1420). He had three heirs die on him and he didn't even have that bad stats either: 8/3/5 isn't stellar, but not bad either.

I had my 8/8/5 Byzantine Emperor rule for 59.5 years.