+ Reply to Thread

Thread: your monarchs?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

your monarchs?

So i was just wondering whats the longest you have had a king or queen? im currently playing as England and the current monarch (Queen Mary I De Trastamara) has been on the throne for like 50+ years and her heir is in his 40's or 50's. Mary is the first in the de trastamara dynasty of England, and it would be a bit annoying if her heir was to die and then her die herself lol.
    Nationality: British
    Ideology: Labour Party
    Preferred Government type: Constitutional Monarchy
    Religion: Athiest

Well, around 90 years alive, 70 of which on the throne (third ruler of Minamoto). Since I was waiting for two PUs to be inherited for the formation of Japan, it was a real pain -- though I will always salute his longevity. He suvived two sons, one of which lived into his early 50s.

King Henry IV Lancaster of England lived from 1399 to 1439 in one game of mine. Outlived Henry V *and* an 8/8/8 heir. His eventual replacement was something like a 4/6/3. I was not amused.

Jackals! Vultures! Lord Finnish's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Longest AI ruler I've seen ruled 164 years, the duke of Guyenne. D&T 5.14.
    Longest I have, an Empress of Byzantium, began her rule at age 7 and lived well into her 90's. Same game as above.
    Mod:
    Byzantium - Imperial Restoration for Darkest Hour
    Empire of Pohjola for Crusader Kings II
    Wilhelm Scream for Crusader Kings II

AAR:
    The Nazi Time Machine - A Strange Story of the First Reich (CK2) Dead due to save game corruption. Will restart eventually.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Finnish View Post
    Longest AI ruler I've seen ruled 164 years, the duke of Guyenne. D&T 5.14.
    Longest I have, an Empress of Byzantium, began her rule at age 7 and lived well into her 90's. Same game as above.
    How the hell did he live that long?!
    There's foxes in the hen house,' cows out in the corn. The unions have been busted, their proud red banners torn'

Jackals! Vultures! Lord Finnish's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zezeb View Post
    How the hell did he live that long?!
    Hell if I know. I noticed it when I loaded as them as I wanted to move their capital offseas, then in Resign screen it showed this ruler who had ruled from late 14th century to mid 16th.
    Mod:
    Byzantium - Imperial Restoration for Darkest Hour
    Empire of Pohjola for Crusader Kings II
    Wilhelm Scream for Crusader Kings II

AAR:
    The Nazi Time Machine - A Strange Story of the First Reich (CK2) Dead due to save game corruption. Will restart eventually.

Second Lieutenant

Inversting in education?

Quote Originally Posted by President_Eden View Post
    King Henry IV Lancaster of England lived from 1399 to 1439 in one game of mine. Outlived Henry V *and* an 8/8/8 heir. His eventual replacement was something like a 4/6/3. I was not amused.
    There should be a option to invest to your heirs skill development... having your monarch outliving an educated heir would be a loss.... but not a catastrophy as it is now....

Bad monarch stats arent that bad by themselves.... however the fact that you need mimimum stats to pass a decision or two gen be quite unnerving...

I has a Supperb Queen of Castile with stat 9/8/9... that could not pass the militia act....because she was female.. had to make her sex changed in the save files...

There should be able to do some minor modifications to your monarchs or heir within game.. not by edditing...

Success depends on forethought videonfan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Why do queens live far more than my kings?Are they witches?

Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    why do queens live far more than my kings?are they witches?
    burn them quickly!!
    There's foxes in the hen house,' cows out in the corn. The unions have been busted, their proud red banners torn'

Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    Women live longer than men, it's just how humans are built.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection

Well, just as an update, shes been on the throne 56 years, and her heir is 51. i will be so pissed if he dies, then she dies without an heir. If that does happen i would be going onto my third dynasty and 6th monarch in the early 1500's.
    Zezeb is right, they're brainwashing witches who want your children. BURN MARY I DE TRASTAMARA, WHO CARES IF SHES BEEN THE BEST AND MOST SUCCESSFUL ENGLISH/BRITISH MONARCH OF ALL TIME. SHES A VILE SPANISH WITCH. *gets flaming stick and pitch fork*

Quote Originally Posted by Caramel95 View Post
    Well, just as an update, shes been on the throne 56 years, and her heir is 51. i will be so pissed if he dies, then she dies without an heir. If that does happen i would be going onto my third dynasty and 6th monarch in the early 1500's.

Zezeb is right, they're brainwashing witches who want your children. BURN MARY I DE TRASTAMARA, WHO CARES IF SHES BEEN THE BEST AND MOST SUCCESSFUL ENGLISH/BRITISH MONARCH OF ALL TIME. SHES A VILE SPANISH WITCH. *gets flaming stick and pitch fork*
    We will feast on their corpses tonight! Mohahahahaha!

I would like to take this time to declare the death of the great Mary I De Trastamara Empress of England and the commonwealth. (My game crashed out on me so i had to go back like 5 years) She reigned for 55 years, and saw the beginning and the growth and the English Empire. Her eldest son, Philip succeeds to throne with his eldest daughter, Princess Jane as heir.
    We will feast on their corpses tonight! Mohahahahaha!
    that is a very dark and worrying thing to put

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The ruler of Guyenne wasn't one from a recently released nation was he? I've seen some weird stuff with heirs/advisors of nations which get released.
    A Blessing and a Curse: EUIV Narrative AAR! In Progress
    Downfall: A Byzantine Narrative AAR. See the fall of the mightiest empire the world has ever seen. On Hold 3rd Place OVERALL EU3 (Highest Narrative) AARland Choice Awards Q3 2012!
    The Grey Eminence: A British Narrative/History AAR. Witness the rise of Great Britain to world power! COMPLETE! WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 Q1!
    The Eternal Exile: Nation Hopping AAR with a mix of narrative and game-play. On Hold. | WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2011 Q1!

Winner: AAR Showcase 29/11/2011 | Winner: Character Writer of the Week 19/1/2012 | Winner: Fan of the Week 20/9/2010 and 20/8/2012 | I was Character Writer of the Week 13/12/2010

Sergeant
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka

Not sure if it is the longest I've had, but my most recent Mamluks game had someone rule for 63 years and 3 months. (November 1356 start from a random Mamelukian noble replacing the heirless dead king - Feb 1420). He had three heirs die on him and he didn't even have that bad stats either: 8/3/5 isn't stellar, but not bad either.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I had my 8/8/5 Byzantine Emperor rule for 59.5 years.
    A Blessing and a Curse: EUIV Narrative AAR! In Progress
    Downfall: A Byzantine Narrative AAR. See the fall of the mightiest empire the world has ever seen. On Hold 3rd Place OVERALL EU3 (Highest Narrative) AARland Choice Awards Q3 2012!
    The Grey Eminence: A British Narrative/History AAR. Witness the rise of Great Britain to world power! COMPLETE! WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 Q1!
    The Eternal Exile: Nation Hopping AAR with a mix of narrative and game-play. On Hold. | WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2011 Q1!

Winner: AAR Showcase 29/11/2011 | Winner: Character Writer of the Week 19/1/2012 | Winner: Fan of the Week 20/9/2010 and 20/8/2012 | I was Character Writer of the Week 13/12/2010

+ Reply to Thread