• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
well im going for a more historic route in europe untill ww1 breaks out then i will go mad, plus i dont know why but ive had worse rebels in this game than i have in any other AHD game, and i have allied with russia but every time i ally with them it lasts like 2 years then they break it, and ive been trying to ally with austria (and anybody know why they havent turned into austria hungary yet).

part 13- death of a legend

we start 1895 by expanding our naval bases all around the world, and in september we get another alliance offer from russia wich we accept again

scaled.php

scaled.php

in 1896 we are overjoyed to learn of the discovery of rubber in warri

scaled.php

in june the kaiser is overwelmed to hear that our first naval expansion project has been completed with the navy now haveing 360 ships, 120 in each fleet but that isant enought to challenge britain acording to the kaiser so we begin planning the creation of a new kind of ship one that will be feared by all.

scaled.php

on the 2nd of january we discover more oil on the island of borneo makeing us even richer

scaled.php

on the 28th of january the kaiser in an attempt to stop rebellion announces that state controlled unions will now be allowed, but he also declares that there will be no more political reform

scaled.php

in july the reginal trade fair is opened giveing us large amounts of prestige, and we learn that bulgaria has began to supply arms to rebels in the ottoman empire

scaled.php

in august we are sad to learn that our expedition to the north pole returns without success

scaled.php

on the 17th of july in response to the kaisers proclemation that there will be no more polititical reform, the public in berlin begin a reform rally that lasts 13 days until the disaster

scaled.php

on the 30th of july 1898 the entire nation enters into mourneing upon the news that bismarck is dead, the nation couldent belive it the iron chancellor had died he will forever be remembered as a true prussian and the father of germany. on his grave subsribed was "Here lies a true servant of the Emperor Wilhelm I". something that was intended to spite the current emperor wilhelm the 2nd.

scaled.php

in december the british again try to retake guyana from france

scaled.php

and in 1899 we launch another attempt to locate the north pole

scaled.php

and we have yet another rebellion (yay:( )

scaled.php

things are getting serious in the balklands with rebels makeing huge progress in recent months but the ottomans have launched a counter attack against the rebels

scaled.php

in december the balkland crisis escalates with greece, bulgaria, montenegro and serbia all declare that they will do all in their power to aid the rebels in january in responce to this the ottoman empier declares war on them and the balkland war begins. the stbilty of europe has come to and end but who will win the sick man or the little nations of the balklands, we give war subsidies to greece and bulgaria but weather or not they can win remains to be seen.

scaled.php

(historical note in real life bismarck made this prediction before his death "Jena came twenty years after the death of Frederick the Great; the crash will come twenty years after my departure if things go on like this" ― a prophecy that was fulfilled almost to the month. behold the power of bismarck plus i found it kind of funny that it was fulfilled almost to the month)

part 14- the balkan wars

with war rageing in the balkans we discover that our expedition to the north pole has resturned without success again, so we try again and in july we find out that our new expedition has succeded

scaled.php

scaled.php

in the balkans things are getting worse for the sick man as the italians join in on the side of the balkan league, the italians attack tripoli, the rest of ottoman north africa and send a small expedition force to albania. while serbia and bulgaria fight the majority of the military battles, the greek navy is preventing the ottomans from sending reinforcements from anatolia.

scaled.php

after several disasterous defeats the ottomans accept that they have been defeated and sign the treaties of london and athens ending the war.

scaled.php

italy took control over ottoman north africa, the dodecanese and albania despite the other great powers protests over the italian occupation of albania. the map of europe has changed radically

scaled.php

scaled.php

in 1901 we declare war on egypt to establish a protectorate over them

scaled.php

by november the 26th 1902 we have taken full control of egypt

scaled.php

on january the 1st 1903 we receive a military alliance from the great power of the east japan which we happily accept

scaled.php

on the 3rd of january we decide to host the 3rd olympic games

scaled.php

peace in the balkans doesent last long as bulgaria declares war on serbia in 1903 in an attempt to capture north macedonia starting the second balkand war, but they are eventually defeated by serbia thanks to help from austria

scaled.php

in october we discover that we can now use gas attack when we are at war, and we start construction of the ultimate naval ship the dreadnaught

scaled.php

scaled.php

the kaiser orders the construction of 80 ships to expand the power of the navy further

scaled.php

on the 9th of september 1904 we finish building the dreadnaught the most powerfull naval ship in the history of naval warfare

scaled.php

with our naval might growing and europe continueing to destablize things are looking better than they have for 20 years despite the recent war in the balkans. we now have many loyal allies but many bitter enemies such as the revanchist france the nervous british and the stupid austrian empire. will the volcano that is europe explode or will it remain calm, we shall soon find out.

I think we can safely say Britannia doesn't rule the waves.

i think it is safe to say but britain still shouldent be underestimated they have 460 ships (i havent got a clue what kind they could all be commerce raiders for all i know) and the usa has 400 ships. so in the naval area ive got the largest followed closely by britain then the usa is in 3rd and italy is in 4th and russias in 5th.

In my games, the horse people usually have giant fleets, but a lot of them of old ships.
Russia has a larger fleet than France? You must have screwed them really hard, haha

In my games, the horse people usually have giant fleets, but a lot of them of old ships.
Russia has a larger fleet than France? You must have screwed them really hard, haha

i fought against france twice and they got hammered, and speaking about fighting against france ill be fighting them in the next update.

part 15- the great war part 1

1905 stated like any other year, nohing interesting wa happening but then we noticed that the bitish army thatfought against the frech a few yeas ago is still on german soil, and we win a nobel prizein literature.

scaled.php

scaled.php

in october we lauch a colonial fair wich brings us much prestige

scaled.php

in jauary 1906 we discoverthat our greek allies have built a huge army compaed to the size of their population

scaled.php

in 1906 we host the third olympic games which brings a huge amount of prestige to our country

scaled.php

on september the 10th 1906 war breaks out across europe,wesa neutral at irst but the kaiser knows that eventually we ill have no chice but to chose a side.

scaled.php

the kaiser orders the mobilization of the armed forces as a precaution

scaled.php

two months in to the war and hundeds of thousands have died in horribly blooy trench warfare, the russians where being slaughtered by the austrian and french forces. the kaiser decided that he hadhad enought of seeing or arch enemies france and austria slowly eat away at the russian empire so on the 18th of november we join britain and russia in fighting against austria and france.

scaled.php

scaled.php

we begin createing propoganda, but heres a little cartoon explaining how the war started

scaled.php

the war starts with trench warfare on the southern front, but our entery into the war has resulted in the austrians retreating westwards wichhas handed the initiative to the russians. we force the austrians out of germany in several battles.

scaled.php

in december we weaken our lines as a way to end the trench warfare, the french and austrians fall for the trap and 180 thousand french troops are surrounded at gorlitz, the battle goes on for a few more months as they try to brake through our lines.

scaled.php

the austrians attempt and fail to break our lines to free the french, loseing 17000 men in the process at the battle of prague and an additinal 30,000 troops at the battles of kustrin and kattowitz

scaled.php

scaled.php

on the 11th of march 1907 realizein that the majority of the french army is in austria we launch an offensive to capture france nicknamed operation sedan.

scaled.php

in the east the battle of gorlitz has finished with nearly 120,000 french dead

scaled.php

it is clear that this war is going to change the course of human history, with us and our allies building a new weapon named the tank. things are getting bloody with the russian casulties numbering over 800,000 and the austrian and french casulties numbering over 500,000. it is clear that we have an advantage over ou enemies but who's to say the usa, spain, the ottoman empire or japan wont come the our enemies aid. will we win or will we lose, will we lose everything? we will find out soon.

scaled.php

part 16- the great war part 2

war is being raged across all of europe, guns are battering europes great cities, europe is falling apart but after the german victory at gorlitz it looks like the war might end soon but things are gonna get worse before they get better. in 1908 the red menace attempts to overthrow the german, french and russian goverments but the communists are brutally crushed.

scaled.php

in april it becomes clear that the war will be over soon as the italians declare war on austria to liberate south tirol

scaled.php

in june prussian natinalist and communists rise up once again which almost lead to the complete collapse of the german empire when they approched berlin.

scaled.php

on the 17th of june romania declares war on austria to liberate romanian lands from the tyranical habsurgs

scaled.php

by october all of austria is under allied control

scaled.php

by march 1909 the french resistance has crumbled and most of france has fallen

scaled.php

in april the treaty of versailles is signed and ausria is completely erased from the map, hungary and croatia is given independence, the russians annex eastern and western galicia, montenegro and bosnia is given to serbia. italy aquires dalmatia and bohemia, moravia and austria proper is annexed into germany. italy is also promised control of french algeria and we aquire french guyana.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

after the war germany becomes the number 1 great power and we have a bananza over a boat load of bannanas

scaled.php

scaled.php

our nation has triumphed and the year is now 1910, despite being happy with our gains we now have to worry about a new more powerfull russia to the east and a increaseingly assertive italy. who will our new enemies be? and will we survive a another great war or worse another communist uprising?

now this is how reich should look like

now yeah, the most powerful nation in europe, ya wohl, time to start building Gross Europa :)
puppet/ally all states of europe, crush them if neceseary, Russia might be an exception, cuz i like them, they should be BFF (best friends forever) ;)

that war was way to easy, the balklands are my phere buddies france wont be a problem any more, the only europeans that are a threat to me are russia italy and britain. when the war finished i discovered that russia suddenly built 200 ship and briefly passed me in their number of ships. im a bit worried about russia theyve got twice as many troops as me and im feed up of all these natinalist rebels ive had more rebels in this game than i have had in any AHD game my conciousnes is currently 7 and riseing non stop. it will be difficult to fight britain in africa cos they got indian death sticks there. next great war will either involve me fighting britain, russia or possibly the usa.

well... stalin once said, that had hitler not betrayed him, russo-german alliance/empire would rule the world. It would be a grand shame if you would have to battle russia, anyway, having baltic states + interbellum poland incorporated and few more puppets, that would look nice too. In any case i would nerf italy by taking away from them austrian coast (venetia included) and libya. about france, i would puppet it or cut them into two puppets, netherlands and denmark i would annex, rest puppetize.

edit: man thats too ambicious even for me ^^ well for this i think we have to wait till you conver to DH ;) (if you do)

if by DH you mean darkest hour i used to play that but i havent got a clue how to convert it. for my next move i feel i have to fight britain, russia or the usa, just because theyd be a challenge, italy is weak and has been my ally since they united thanks to my help, i also like to keep the borders clean.

EDIT, i whant the people who reed this AAR's opinion who should i fight next britain, russia, 2 of the 3 cos britain and russia are allied of the usa. this is just as much your AAR as it is mine so cast your votes and your wish is my command.

its only natural, russia and britain, those are only reasonable enemies here. You should try to ally usa, they might steal alot, but they will dismantle britain.

(whispering: i think that a voting, or any interactivity must be accepted first by a mod/admin...)

ps: about italy... what is not clean about the first reichs border on italian penisula? :D

the border is clean and by voteing i meant just post which country is my next victim and by a certain date i will count to see who was voted for and then i will destroy them, im really looking forward to demolishing someone now

part 17- damm rebels

the year 1910 begins with italy formally takeing control of french north africa giveing italt control over most of the north african coast line and the longest coast line in the med

scaled.php

in may the kaiser orders an expedition to be sent to find the south pole, it will be a long and difficult journey but the prestige reward will be worth it

scaled.php

in january 1911 we have another prussian natinalist rebellion, which put our army through chaos again, and france is in choas as war rages between the arachists and the communists.

scaled.php

scaled.php

in 1912 we make it official again that berlin is a lady

scaled.php

in august communists attempt to take power again

scaled.php

in march we are suprised to find out that china has civilised and has become a great power (this is not good) but because they only just westernized they are still weak and so russia declares war on china to aquire sofianova

scaled.php

and china might now have to face japan because in 1913 japan annexes korea

scaled.php

and we give italy support in it's war against ethiopia

scaled.php

in june 1914 the communist forces take paris and declare the country a communist dictatership under the leadership of the not so communist pastey faced frog charles de gaulle. despite the declaration of the worlds 1st communist state war is still going on in the south.

scaled.php

tensions mount in the med as turkey declares war on greece, we give the greek goverment war subsidies but suddenly in 1915 the italian goverment declares war on turkey to aid greece.

scaled.php

scaled.php

this is gonna be interesting, what will italy do? when is the next war and who will it be against or between?
(interseting historical facts there has been 5 french republics, and de gaulle was a traitorous dick)