• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BillGrant

Captain
11 Badges
Feb 24, 2012
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
I just bought EU III a few days ago, Barebones no Expansions. I got Napoleon for 5 Bucks but it can't run On my Computer. However I'm an Experienced Vicky II player.

Anyway, I want to know how to combine Troops and Ships. How do you have Ships Carry Soldiers ?

Thanks.

Put your ships in a sea province adjacent to a land province with your troops in it. You must have 1 transport ship for each regiment to be transported.

When they are adjacent, select the troops and right-click on the ships. The troops will walk out onto the ships. It takes them about two weeks to board, and when they are boarded a little tab will appear on the upper right of the ships' unit box showing that it has ground troops aboard.

When you get where you are going, if it is a friendly port, just dock and the troops will automatically unload. If it is an assault, reverse the loading process by stopping adjacent to the land you want to assault, click on the ground troops tab on the ship box to select the ground troops, and then right-click on the province you are assaulting.

I would strongly, strongly suggest getting at least In Nomine for it as a minimum, and likely the latest which is Divine Wind. The original and NA were fine, but lacking many features which make it such a good game.

Yes, IN extends the timeline from 1399 to 1821.

Be warned though, the later dates are...troublesome as they don't necessarily reflect a proper historical reality. Playing as Napoleon for instance is rarely very interesting.

95% of people start in 1399, but a few do 1453 or later dates...but rarely past 1650. By then a lot of history is set if not in stone, then in other ways, and there's less time to shape things as you wish.