+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Noob Question

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV

Noob Question

I just bought EU III a few days ago, Barebones no Expansions. I got Napoleon for 5 Bucks but it can't run On my Computer. However I'm an Experienced Vicky II player.

Anyway, I want to know how to combine Troops and Ships. How do you have Ships Carry Soldiers ?

Thanks.

Put your ships in a sea province adjacent to a land province with your troops in it. You must have 1 transport ship for each regiment to be transported.

When they are adjacent, select the troops and right-click on the ships. The troops will walk out onto the ships. It takes them about two weeks to board, and when they are boarded a little tab will appear on the upper right of the ships' unit box showing that it has ground troops aboard.

When you get where you are going, if it is a friendly port, just dock and the troops will automatically unload. If it is an assault, reverse the loading process by stopping adjacent to the land you want to assault, click on the ground troops tab on the ship box to select the ground troops, and then right-click on the province you are assaulting.

Thanks Man

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I would strongly, strongly suggest getting at least In Nomine for it as a minimum, and likely the latest which is Divine Wind. The original and NA were fine, but lacking many features which make it such a good game.
    A Blessing and a Curse: EUIV Narrative AAR! In Progress
    Downfall: A Byzantine Narrative AAR. See the fall of the mightiest empire the world has ever seen. On Hold 3rd Place OVERALL EU3 (Highest Narrative) AARland Choice Awards Q3 2012!
    The Grey Eminence: A British Narrative/History AAR. Witness the rise of Great Britain to world power! COMPLETE! WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 Q1!
    The Eternal Exile: Nation Hopping AAR with a mix of narrative and game-play. On Hold. | WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2011 Q1!

Winner: AAR Showcase 29/11/2011 | Winner: Character Writer of the Week 19/1/2012 | Winner: Fan of the Week 20/9/2010 and 20/8/2012 | I was Character Writer of the Week 13/12/2010

Can you play till 1821 ? I would like to Play As the United States much longer than 10 Years.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Yes, IN extends the timeline from 1399 to 1821.

Be warned though, the later dates are...troublesome as they don't necessarily reflect a proper historical reality. Playing as Napoleon for instance is rarely very interesting.

95% of people start in 1399, but a few do 1453 or later dates...but rarely past 1650. By then a lot of history is set if not in stone, then in other ways, and there's less time to shape things as you wish.
    A Blessing and a Curse: EUIV Narrative AAR! In Progress
    Downfall: A Byzantine Narrative AAR. See the fall of the mightiest empire the world has ever seen. On Hold 3rd Place OVERALL EU3 (Highest Narrative) AARland Choice Awards Q3 2012!
    The Grey Eminence: A British Narrative/History AAR. Witness the rise of Great Britain to world power! COMPLETE! WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 Q1!
    The Eternal Exile: Nation Hopping AAR with a mix of narrative and game-play. On Hold. | WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2011 Q1!

Winner: AAR Showcase 29/11/2011 | Winner: Character Writer of the Week 19/1/2012 | Winner: Fan of the Week 20/9/2010 and 20/8/2012 | I was Character Writer of the Week 13/12/2010

+ Reply to Thread