+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Things Go Away (And Maybe They Should Stay)

Things Go Away (And Maybe They Should Stay)

It seems to me that if land has been enclosed or reformed in a province, that that wouldn't change just because the province gains a new owner. Also, once land has been reclaimed from the sea it should stay reclaimed regardless of who owns the province.

Just a suggestion. I already did it for myself, so if you don't want to go through the trouble of doing it I can post the changes to decisions and events.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagicka
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

This seems like it would make sense. You should show what you did so I can copy it!

How It Works

Decisions:

Change enact_land_reform in "D - NationalFocusProvince.txt":
    Code:
    	enact_land_reform = {
    	#FB note - DW dispenses with this decision but I don't agree
    		potential = {
    			has_national_focus = yes
    			not = { has_province_modifier = land_reform }
    		}
    		allow = {
    			owner = {
    				officials = 2
    			}
    		}
    		effect = {
    			owner = {
    				officials = -2
    			}
    			add_province_modifier = {
    				name = "land_reform"
    				duration = -1
    			}
    			set_province_flag = land_reformed	#DS
    		}
    		ai_will_do = {
    			factor = 1
    		}
    	}
    Change land_enclosure in "D - Civic.txt":
    Code:
    land_enclosure = {
    #FB note - DW dispenses with this decision but I don't agree
    	potential = {
    		owner = {
    			NOT = { has_country_flag = land_enclosure_always }	#FB decision automation
    			NOT = { has_country_flag = land_enclosure_never }	#FB decision automation
    			government_tech = 10
    		}
    		NOT = { has_province_modifier = land_inclosure }
    		base_tax = 5					#FB moved from allow
    	}
    	allow = {
    		#FB owner = { adm = 6 }
    		owner = {
    			officials = 1	#FB
    			OR = { ADM = 6 advisor = alderman advisor = sheriff } #FB
    			NOT = { has_country_modifier = "nie_pozwalam" }
    		}
    	}
    	effect = {
    			name = "land_inclosure"
    			duration = -1
    		}

set_province_flag = land_enclosed	#DS

owner = {
    			officials = -1
    		}
    	}
    	ai_will_do = {
    		factor = 1
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 0.0
    			nationalism = 1
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 0.0
    			revolt_risk = 2
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 0.0
    			has_owner_religion = no
    		}
    	}
    Change reclaim_land in "D - Construction.txt":
    Code:
    reclaim_land = { #MEIOU-FB large areas of the netherlands and eastern england were reclaimed from the sea
    		potential = {
    			NOT = { has_province_modifier = reclaimed_land }
    			region = reclaimable_land	#NB New Region for this decision
    			owner = { government_tech = 16 }
    		}
    		allow = {
    			owner = {
    				OR = { ADM = 5 advisor = alderman }
    				officials = 1
    				treasury = 400
    			}
    		}
    		effect = {
    			owner = {
    				treasury = -400
    				officials = -1
    			}
    				name = "reclaimed_land"
    				duration = -1
    			}
    			set_province_flag = land_reclaimed     #DS
    		}
    		ai_will_do = {
    			factor = 1
    			modifier = {
    				factor = 0
    				NOT = { owner = { treasury = 1000 } }
    			}
    		}
    	}
    Events:

Change part of event 961032:
    Code:
    option = {
    		name = "GOOD1"
    			name = "land_inclosure"
    			duration = -1
    		}
    		owner = {
    			officials = -1
    		}
    		set_province_flag = land_enclosed	#DS
    	}
    Create a new file in the events folder called "0000250 - Province Updates":
    Code:
    #Land is already enclosed
    province_event = {
    	id = 250

trigger = {
    		has_province_flag = land_enclosed
    		NOT = { has_province_modifier = land_inclosure }
    	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
    		months = 3
    	}

title = "EVTNAME250"
    	desc = "EVTDESC250"

option = {
    		name = "GOOD1"
    			name = "land_inclosure"
    			duration = -1
    		}
    	}
    }

#Land is already reformed
    province_event = {
    	id = 251

trigger = {
    		has_province_flag = land_reformed
    		NOT = { has_province_modifier = land_reform }
    	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
    		months = 4
    	}

title = "EVTNAME251"
    	desc = "EVTDESC251"

option = {
    		name = "GOOD1"
    			name = "land_reform"
    			duration = -1
    		}
    	}
    }

#Land is already reclaimed
    province_event = {
    	id = 252

trigger = {
    		has_province_flag = land_reclaimed
    		NOT = { has_province_modifier = reclaimed_land }
    	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
    		months = 2
    	}

title = "EVTNAME252"
    	desc = "EVTDESC252"

option = {
    		name = "GOOD1"
    			name = "reclaimed_land"
    			duration = -1
    		}
    	}
    }
    Create a new .csv text file in the localisation folder:
    Code:
    #DS.csv
    EVTNAME250;Land Enclosed;;;;;;;;;;;x
    EVTDESC250;The land in $PROVINCENAME$ was enclosed by its previous administrators.;;;;;;;;;;;x
    EVTNAME251;Land Reformed;;;;;;;;;;;x
    EVTDESC251;Land reform was enacted in $PROVINCENAME$ by its previous administrators.;;;;;;;;;;;x
    EVTNAME252;Land Reclaimed;;;;;;;;;;;x
    EVTDESC252;Land was reclaimed from the sea in $PROVINCENAME$ by its previous administrators.;;;;;;;;;;;x
    Once you've done all that, it'll work. Note that it can take several months after conquest before the province regains its modifiers, and that it regains them one at a time. If many provinces are conquered at once, it can take longer.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagicka
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Good good. I think this really is a nice idea so thanks for putting your work up here! The option names threw me at first as I wasn't aware there was a stock 'Good' option :S

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    96 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of WarParadoxian Order - 2015

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Good idea. These events are getting heavy, but i could add the effects of your three events in the yearly events.

The other options would be to have these effects in "invisible" buildings (much like the terrains).
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Yearly events would probably be best so that the province modifiers are still clearly displayed.

96 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of WarParadoxian Order - 2015

Blog Entries
    My problem is that each of the yearly events are now already at least 8k lines of code long. It's becoming Hell to debug and to edit... especially as there are 19 of those events.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    My problem is that each of the yearly events are now already at least 8k lines of code long. It's becoming Hell to debug and to edit... especially as there are 19 of those events.
    Isn't the only difference between each of those events the small flavour bonus/malus it awards?
    AARland Fan of the Week: 3 Feb '13 - Former MEIOU (EU3) mod team member

96 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirkTheMonkey View Post
    Isn't the only difference between each of those events the small flavour bonus/malus it awards?
    Yes.

You mean that i should just copy the whole "immediate" section instead of looking for the faulty line(s) or the lines to add in each file ?

*leaves the room*
    •

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

When I was last playing around in there I got even lazier and used a difference/merge program to copy across all the changes from the file I'd edited.

I'll throw another idea out there: instead of lumping it in the events, why not make it a decision that's available if the flag is on a province but the modifier isn't. The decision would reset the modifier at no (or maybe even minimal) cost. I'm not sure what the performance impact of decisions are but the only downside I can imagine is the player having to click on lots of decisions after inheriting a big country or having a very successful war.
    AARland Fan of the Week: 3 Feb '13 - Former MEIOU (EU3) mod team member

96 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirkTheMonkey View Post
    I'll throw another idea out there: instead of lumping it in the events, why not make it a decision that's available if the flag is on a province but the modifier isn't. The decision would reset the modifier at no (or maybe even minimal) cost. I'm not sure what the performance impact of decisions are but the only downside I can imagine is the player having to click on lots of decisions after inheriting a big country or having a very successful war.
    A decision will possibly increase the lag at change of month as the AI nation will be picking decisions at that moment.
    •

I haven't had a problem with just using the events I posted. It really just looks like more decision automation to the player, and the events don't fire often enough to really hurt performance.

Actually, before this thread, I was thinking that having a land reform should speed up the coring process since you'd lose it if the province gets conquered. The idea was to give it the same bonus on coring speed (10%) as having a national focus or at least half of it (5%).

Personally, I'd rather have this than having land reforms permanent. You could say that new laws are put in place to make the distribution of land more compatible with your own systems. Which will of course make the locals become more assimilated to your population. In addition, because the lands were the national focus once, they should be even more thankful and assimilated due to the growth of their economy as well.

96 games registered

Blog Entries
    The enclosed land and reclaimed part have been implemented (althoug i'm using the yealry events to set the modifier back).

I'm less convinced regarding the land reforms, much like leppuno.
    •

+ Reply to Thread