• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luitzen

Colonel
14 Badges
Sep 9, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
Every once in a while a character dies and I get the message that there is a free government position. When I try to go to the government screen, the game crashes. I have the latest update (2.36B) installed.

First time this happened was right after I changed from a tribe to despotic monarchy (I still have the save game), so I decided to try the military republic instead and I didn't get the same problem. After changing to a dictatorship I got the problem again and lost a pretty nice game because I had automatic save turned off. That's when I tried to start with the government change save game again and after a while I got the same thing in my dictatorship again and this time I do have a save game of it.

rome_1.bmp
View attachment Catuvellauni Kingdom.zip
View attachment Catuvellauni Civil War.zip

Last edited:
In my games it also happens after a while, but I'm not sure whether the people causing it have been in the government ever since. I might try changing all government positions and see whether it still happens after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.