• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I play it on an imac and I don't have any flickering or graphical issues but it is slow as hell. I still use snow leopard though so I'm not sure how it'd run on lion.

I have an iMac i5 8Gb ram and it runs fine for about an hour then slows down dramatically. I suspect a memory leak in the Mac version of the code.

Playing the pc version till the Mac one gets fixed.

I have a hackintosh running Lion on a Core 2 Duo E6300 CPU, 4 GB or RAM and Nvidia 8600GT. I brought the game on Steam and it works with all the DLC. Fullscreen, no flickering, but it is slower than the Windows version. However, you don't really need high fps in CK II, so the Mac version is playable on my setup. The slowness is not that bad and it doesn't interfere with the feeling of it, for a game that new and for my setup, I found this to be way over my expectations. But, as always, the Windows version is smoother.

For what it's worth, macgamestore.com is now selling CK2 at ten bucks. I gotta figure even if Paradox refuses to support it further (and please don't make that decision!), it's gotta be worth it for ten bucks. I'll spend that at the driving range this afternoon.

For what it's worth, macgamestore.com is now selling CK2 at ten bucks. I gotta figure even if Paradox refuses to support it further (and please don't make that decision!), it's gotta be worth it for ten bucks. I'll spend that at the driving range this afternoon.
I am 100% certain that Paradox will NOT "refuse to support it further", and am frankly surprised at the suggestion that they would consider such a course of action.

Runs ok on my ageing iMac, except that the water is purple... No idea why, but I've managed to get used to it.
This is my experience on my early 2010 iMac, plus the slowing down over time. Didn't even notice the water was purple until people started pointing it out to me, seemed natural for some reason. :D

I would reccomend buying the game from a vendor that offers the PC and the OS X version in the same purchase though, such as Steam or Gamersgate. Never know if you'll be driven to set up Bootcamp.

runs flawlessly on the new retina macbook pro with one caveat: i can seem to take map pictures (F11) but the "screenshots" button of F10 i think does not work for me. it does say "screenshot taken" but it does not end up in the screenshots folder.
other than that i'd only ask for a higher resolution icon as the current one is far too tiny for high resolution displays.

This is my experience on my early 2010 iMac, plus the slowing down over time. Didn't even notice the water was purple until people started pointing it out to me, seemed natural for some reason. :D

I would reccomend buying the game from a vendor that offers the PC and the OS X version in the same purchase though, such as Steam or Gamersgate. Never know if you'll be driven to set up Bootcamp.

I have the same issue with purple water in OSX, probably because I'm also using the same generation iMac as you are. Runs fine through Bootcamp, though, so I'm glad I got it through Steam.

The water is purple because water effects are turned off in the settings.txt. You should keep it that way though it runs faster with the purple water actually.

In short: barely playable, due to various issues. Definitely far inferior to the Windows version.

It appears Paradox is aiming for the inclusion of at least some essential Mac fixes in 1.07 though.

The graphics card issues are still being worked on unfortunately, so they will hopefully be in the next patch, but not this one. We have had to buy some new hardare to be able to reproduce the issues, so it has been a longer process than it should have been. Very sorry about that.

Erm, those are the only two vendors that sell the game - all other "versions" (eg Amazon) are in fact the Steam version.

Is this why the launcher for the version I bought says there are no updates for the game available even though the version number on the launcher is v 1.1?
There was no version 1.1 of CK2, the first released version was 1.02 (PC only), the first Mac version was I believe 1.05, and current is 1.06b. So I have no idea what you are seeing. Can you register your game here please, then post in Tech Support.

On a Macbook pro with a NVidia 330m (Snow Leopard), i also got the flickering issue. Very annoying. If i were you, i'll wait for updates on all the issues you might encounter with your hardware.

As it looks like an Open GL issue and as i read that OSX Lion got an Open GL upgrade from Snow Leopard, is there any chance it will fix the problem ? Anyone tried ?

On a Macbook pro with a NVidia 330m (Snow Leopard), i also got the flickering issue. Very annoying. If i were you, i'll wait for updates on all the issues you might encounter with your hardware.

As it looks like an Open GL issue and as i read that OSX Lion got an Open GL upgrade from Snow Leopard, is there any chance it will fix the problem ? Anyone tried ?

I'm going to upgrade from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion this weekend. If it helps noticably, I'll post up some happy news.

I run it on a mid-2009 Macbook Pro 13 with NVidia 9400M Graphics, run just fine, a little slow at times but that's just my CPU being old and needing a good cleaning. Steam version, all settings and files default, have had a couple of crashes but nothing major or lasting, running just fin on Lion and then Mountain Lion.