• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unmerged(503920)

Recruit
4 Badges
Jun 10, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
I bought two copies of the game for me and my freind i made a multiplayer game and everything but he couldent get in i told him my i.p so he can search it up but it said no games were found. I dont know what to do could you please help? :(

The best way is to use hamachi and use it to create kind of fake LAN connection between you. You can find the game if using the Hamachi IP you have.

There are other ways too and the Metaserver works if everyone has their ports working correctly but that is probably the easiest way.

When he types in your IP, he can just hit 'join' assuming you've hosted -- the search button searches for games on the local network. Make sure he's using your external IP address, though -- a site like http://www.whatismyip.com/ will tell you it. External IPs are different from internal IPs (192.168.x.x, usually).

If you use hamachi, you won't need to type in any IPs, and you can use the search button, so it might be easier if the above strategy doesn't work.

I bought two copies of the game for me and my freind i made a multiplayer game and everything but he couldent get in i told him my i.p so he can search it up but it said no games were found. I dont know what to do could you please help? :(
Please register Rome or Rome Gold here, then you can post in the Tech Support or Multiplayer forums, where this thread really belongs. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.