+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AI Annulments

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

AI Annulments

One thing ive noticed is that the AI never seems to divorce, not really an issue but AI dynasties also die out significantly easier than they ought to.

Should there be either an event or an AI encouragement for seeking 'divorces' on marriages which after say 10 years of being married have not produced a child.
    As Historically Annulments are common for unions which fail to produce viable offspring, as thats the whole purpose of a marriage, Catholic marriages being the recognition of the natural marriage of parents bound in duty to the rights of their children so if there are no children then annulments can be easily granted as then its a recognition of a natural marriage that doesnt exist. So theres an story-immersion rationality for it.
    But probably more important is the game-play concern of all the interesting dynasties dying out in the first or second generations. Especially the ones you get randomly on castle baronies and then grant some land to only to get that land back twenty years down the line as the AI took a wife too old to get a child from.

And if the AI could just grasp the divorce mechanic and use it when appropriate and legal [probably without the piety requirement which is there to limit player exploitation and is probably too expensive for barons] then the problem would be lessened as to just happen a realistic amount of the time instead of the vast majority of the time.

As generally all the unique dynastied random characters dont make it past the first generation, in my experience anyway, as there's few enough of them around so letting them have access to the same options as the player does and encouragement to use them when appropriate might do to keep them going.

And yes the game calls them divorces, but even in these modern times, alliteration is still important.
    Or can the AI already do this and ive just not noticed?
    Nationality: New Zealander One of what we all are, your companion and your friend.
    Religion: Roman Catholic I believe in you my brothers and sisters.
    Ideology: Distributist (I'm bored, so for the time being,) POPULIST.
    Issues: Moralism/Full Citizenship I have no convictions I stand for the People, I stand for You.
    How did some slip of a girlyboy from communist East Berlin become the internationally ignored song stylist barely standing before you?

Don't Press the O

Maybe they just love eachother....

Well ive also noticed the ai don't betroth , which is a little bit questionable.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I think AI occasionally plot to kill the rulerīs spouse. I have seen that the rulerīs spouse has died because of suspicious accidents and I assume that the ruler was behind that. However, I have not seen AI ruler divorcing from his/her spouse.

+ Reply to Thread