+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is this great game or buggy mess?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Blog Entries

Is this great game or buggy mess?

I'm just wondering should I get this game. I love cold war era wepons and stuff but I have heard so much about this games pathfinding problems.
    So is this worth the money?
    I'm not living unless I'm in battle, so I have to find my own reason to fight.

if you dont watch out and let AI handle unit movement your uinits can get stuck, like, forever, somewhere in kamchatka or whatever that region at the end of the world is called.
    I usually set units on low initiative and collect them all together and steamroll the enemy. I sure lose a lot of weaker units but there is no comfortable way to manage hundreds or thousands of units

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Blog Entries
    But is this game worth the price?

I don't know how much you would pay for it nor if you will enjoy it. I suggest playing the Demo and decide from there

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lollibast View Post
    I don't know how much you would pay for it nor if you will enjoy it. I suggest playing the Demo and decide from there
    Okay thanks for your time.

I spent more on popcorn and sodas at the last movie I went to than this game costs....

Cost is relative to hours of enjoyment to me, and while there are some issues, overall I would buy this game again hands down.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumname View Post
    I spent more on popcorn and sodas at the last movie I went to than this game costs....

Cost is relative to hours of enjoyment to me, and while there are some issues, overall I would buy this game again hands down.
    This game is way too complex

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIMajesty 2
    Semper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Europa Universalis IV

The learning curve of this game is steep, I won't lie to you on that point. However, once you got the mechanics down, it get's better and a whole lot more complex than you first realize.
    "Computers are like old testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy." - Joseph Campbell

I wish it was more complex. So many features could be implemented.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithuanian2 View Post
    I wish it was more complex. So many features could be implemented.
    O.o

I have only had the game a few days, so Im still kinda learning.... But I'm leaning towards a buggy mess. The AI pathing in particular is horrendous... in a game with thousands of units on the map, that's very close to being a game killer, atleast for me.

+ Reply to Thread