• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Started as Malcolm Dunkeld in 1066.
What's happening in Scotland is not important- England is way more interesting.
Harald Hardraada was defeated by the Saxons and died peacefully in 1068 in Norway, but Harold Godwinson killed in battle, leaving the throne to Godwin, who went on to lose it to William the Bastard. Then Lancaster rebelled, which I supported (because I love balkanized countries in CK2), and we were at 50% warscore when William, who had been rendered incapable in a previous battle, died, causing an 'war has ended inconclusively'. Then came the excommunication. I don't know who ordered it, but it caused Duke Konan of Brittany to declare an excommunication war on Robert who had inherited the throne, happening at the same time as Edmund Haroldson's rebellion. Devon had already won its independence, and now all of England joined Edmund as he fought for years and finally gained the throne. He was threatened by a war to install William the Bastard's son Richard on the throne that had begun during Robert's reign, but because I like to see the Godwins on the throne, I used the kill cheat to eliminate Richard and end the war.
Currently, Godwin has rallied all England (boy do the kings of England inspire loyalty) to his banner in his attempt to win the throne from his younger brother, which is still ongoing (1084)

Started as king of Sweden in 1066, fought a number of inner wars, increasing my demesne to 10 connected counties, one huge landmass (all of the south, apart from the islands, and all the provinces around my capitol). Most wars were against that duke of Uppland who gained 2 duchies and was uppity. Disowned most of them and destroyed duchy of uppland, now his heir, the duchess of Bergslagen has only one county and one count as vassal. Successful holy wars for Lappland and 2-3 more Swedish de-jure provinces. Now around 20 years into the game, I am investing heavily in economic buildings, and my income is around 17-18 gold per month. Once economy is upgraded, heavy military spending to follow. No idea what is going on in the world, I have been pretty preoccupied with rebellions and risks of losing lands through inheritance. The duke of Norrland (which I lifted from a lowborn) is getting uppity and will soon go to jail, his replacement, I think of making a Prince-Bishop, as I have heard they are easier to please and do not desire land or duchies. Norway is locked in some holy war for finland (which rages at least 5-6 years, with no real success, as all of the finnish pagans are helping out the defenders. Denmark is in some civil war with some prince of Skane leading against the king of Denmark (no idea if this is the right time to fabricate a claim on Skane, but sent my diplomat anyway).
My first ruler, got the name Terrible (no idea how nicknames are generated), and had quite some fun with plots. Executions, banished people, all for the greater good of glorious Sweden. He had a bastard son with the wife of his spymaster, and son (she became his lover before being married to the spymaster, and they were still doing it right up to his death of old age), which had the trait quick, and nominated him as successor. Now, all grown, he has married a genius wife, and their second son is also quick. I think I am onto some eugenics project here (the bastards mother though was no genius nor quick, so that was some lucky shot there). Next to find a Strong or genius wife. I am thinking of inviting some strong and genius women to my court while marrying off the rest to whoever, so there might be bastards with good traits.
This is my first game where I think I am involving all aspects of the game, and I am having a lot of fun.
Thanks Paradox!

I started as Norway and I am currently second generation. After the first king's failed invasion, England splintered and I swooped in with my claim and managed to take the kingdom. I have holy warred enough to form the kingdom of Finland. Unfortunately, I have no claims on Denmark nor Sweden, so no current prospect of forming the Scandinavian Empire. However, my wife is the heir to the Byzantine Empire, and my heir is duke of Dalmatia, in the kingdom of Croatia. I married my daughter (trained in intrigue) off to the Kaiser and she danced back into my court 2 days later after the Kaiser died in a suspicious accident. (I married her off to the bastard prince of Aragon this time, in case she gets any ideas about toppling empires... no proof it was her, since plots take longer than that, usually, but the timing... I think she is best off in a kingdom far, far away...)

I honestly do not know where to go from here. I have tried picking off the Byzantine emperor, but I just cannot get enough plot power. (I have been able to keep him childless by removing his wives.) The problem is the emperor is a young man, and my wife is approaching 60. Which leads me to a question, if my wife gains the title, will it pass on to my grandson and heir, or will it go to one of my daughters? I just had the horrible realization that is likely what will happen, and my scheming little witch of a daughter will suddenly have the power of an empire at her clawtips... *shudder*

Last edited:
Started as the Great Chiefdom of Lithuania in the CK+ mod. First generation, I grabbed the land require for the Kingdom through conquest (All but 6 Baltic culture group counties), defended from a holy war from Kiev, but didn't have enough prestige to actually make the Kingdom before the Chieftan died at a pretty old age. Second generation now, I've only fought one holy war against Polotsk, Sweden, Muscowy, and some other Russian state - Smashed them into the ground between my warrior priests and a decently sized army and seized the duchy of Polotsk. Afterward, I immediately formed the kingdom, set primogeniture succession, and divvy'd up land to my brothers and sons. I've married my sons to the other Romuvan and Baltic culture heirs, and sent one to the priesthood in Polotsk simply to remove a potential pretender.
Decent relations with Hungary since I married my first ruler to their princess.
Current revolt risk is due to just raising the crown authority

And here's a map of Europe at 1113

Currently? My empire is on the brink of tearing itself apart.... All it takes is one pebble and it starts rolling... while the horde and another empire is at my border. The other empire is friendly granted... the horde is less so and is only held back by the fact that it's Khatun is still a few years away from taking over. Her stats are also very good. Very very -VERY- good. Me thinks a war with them won't be easy.

EDIT: I need to stop having multiple windows up. Misposted my huge ass post meant for the empire thread. xD

Last edited:
Cheated to play the Chief of Lower Dniepr in Magnate Lords 0.21, 1066 start. Just a few years after the start of the game, the khan gets the bright idea of increasing crown authority. Of course, the whole khanate blows up, retaining only Surgut, Azov and de jure Cumania (if you're not familiar with the area, only Sarkel and Itil are de jure parts of Cumania, the rest being under Taurica, Alania, Khwarizm and Perm). For my liege in Crimea, the expectable happened : the Pechenegs snatched a county, the Byzantines another. Things weren't much better for the rest of Cumania, with Sarkel going to the Rurikovich and the Bulgars capturing a few other countries in the east. I used the confusion to get independance from the duchy before taking it for myself and swearing allegiance to what was left of Cumania.
Things were relatively okay for a few years. The death of a few khans brought a khanum on the throne, one married to the High Chief of the Pechenegs. I was pleasantly surprised : Maybe Cumania wouldn't be bullied around all game after all! How wrong I was. During a war between myself (now High Chief of Crimea and Azov) and the Pechenegs, the heir to the two thrones was maimed. He died two years later, leaving a 6 years old boy as the new heir. Things went as you might expect : The Khanum died, the boy was murdered, then his sister was also murdered, the crown went to a cadet branch that increased CA to trigger another civil war, before ending up on the head of an 11-years old romuva lithuanian girl ! With the union of the crowns now entirely out of reach, and after a series of failed assassination attempts (the regency chain) I decided to stop being sneaky and deposed the "Queen" in favor of a sister of the original Khanum. Of course it glitched up and now all the revolting vassals are independant (those who didn't get conquered by the bulgars and the oghuz, that is).

I'm starting to despair, at this rate I'll be the only landed vassal of the Khanum. I do have a marriage with Alania, but my grandsons are not getting any kind of byzantine education. It looks like I'm going to have to stick to tengri paganism for a while, even though the future of that religion is nonexistant. The Golden Horde is still a century away.

I started as chiefdom of pruthenians.I defendend many wars from sweden and poland and formed lithuania.Now i am gaining de-jure provinces of lithuania from russians and swedes while i am planning to conquer poland.Ofcourse this is going to be a megacampaign ;)
I am thinking of converting to orthodox after doing all of the above,to lessen catholic power in baltics and create interesting problems in eu 3 and vic 2 :p(i roleplay much too)

I started as chiefdom of pruthenians.I defendend many wars from sweden and poland and formed lithuania.Now i am gaining de-jure provinces of lithuania from russians and swedes while i am planning to conquer poland.Ofcourse this is going to be a megacampaign ;)
I am thinking of converting to orthodox after doing all of the above,to lessen catholic power in baltics and create interesting problems in eu 3 and vic 2 :p(i roleplay much too)
Wait what? Pruthenians? How :O

Wait what? Pruthenians? How :O
I modded them to be playable(just a simple line playable = yes in pagan and zoroastrian group)
I took over all de jure land and now i need to do some mopping up regardings to the poles...;)

Got bored of Prussia so I decided to take a Vacation down south in Greece with the Broken Kingdoms Mod and a Custom Catholic ruler for extra fun

The Result
ck2_27.jpg
Not what i expected,
I took Sicily with an Invasion CB, and Most of my land in Greece (Save Achaia) with fabricated claims. Those Fatimid have been after me all game after that ive only recently broken their power base in egypt but they will be back. Funny thing for anyone who wants to try Broken Kingdoms, Sicily, Tuscany, The Russian Dukes and the Fatimids(Because Alexandria stands to inherit the caliphate) all still form rather quickly.

Started as the duke of Savoy. Due to massive rebellions in my sector I was forced to declare independence to save my own life. I won due to time. In my independence succession was set to primogeniture. Unfortunately this gave the Kaiser claims on my stuff. Constant excommunication and large duke of swabia made matters much worse. Eventually through the magic of save/reload I managed to not die. I returned to the HRE and destroyed my primary title so they kaiser couldn't demand it, becoming duke Susa briefly. The kaiser fortunately died before being causing to much trouble. Under my first rulers lifetime I managed to grab the duchies of Genoa, Susa, and Kingdom of Burgundy.

The next few rulers had short painful lifetimes. Constant wars were fought to grab the rest of my dejure, and also the duchy of Lombardy (forged claim). Stewardship of the ruler went from 23 to around 8-9.

The year is 1177. Current ruler is now King Payen I of burgundy. Stewardship is back up 15 thank God. I now own Much of southern france. I sort of accidentally matri-married the heir of Aquitaine to one of my kin. The corresponding death of the other heirs were no accident. Now I have a old lady that keeps inheriting crap. This one woman gained, burgundy (no relation to the kingdom of the same name), Gascogne, Aquitaine, and Auvergne. The polish branch of the family inherited the county of Silesia, and controls the duchy of Mazovia. The HRE is screwed. Massive revolts ended up with 4/5 of the empire becoming independent, including me.

By the way, this was my "don't expand to fast, and aggressively conquer everything in sight game". Yeah, that plan didn't work out.

Edit. Holy crap, she inherited more land. Now I have about half of Gascogne. Toulouse fell in a holy war. Now I have that as well. To solve some inheritance issues I have created the kingdom of Aquitaine. High crown authority should prevent titles from leaving my realm.

Last edited: