• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

newuser99

Colonel
30 Badges
May 13, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • BATTLETECH
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Most stuff on the board is rule clarifications and bug reports. What's going on in your current game? (And how do you think it'll turn out?)

In my current game I'm playing a Wales that's swallowed England, Scotland, and southern Spain. I have dynasty members in Brittany(+Normandy) and Denmark(+Flanders) and independent Lothringa and Sicily. All race to swallow up a piece of Muslim-France before HRE blobs even bigger. I struggle to quell rebellions newly conquested Egypt/Syria and once I've done so I'll switch to it and grant Uber-Wales independence and see how my dynasty fares on it's own. Norway controls nearly all of Scandinavia but seems happy to bide it's time. Rus is getting eaten by the Golden Horde and Croatian-Hungary, ERE has detonated into two dozen fussy fiefdoms, while the (multi-duchied) pope's armies conquest unceasingly against Christian and Muslim alike in northern Italy.

How I think it'll turn out: The Western Wales bloc and HRE will detente and carve up the rest of the Muslims. Croatian-Hungary will head east after the Golden Horde dies off and chomp former Rus. ERE does nothing but play whack-a-mole with itself. Meanwhile Christianized Egypt/Syria will hopefully eat the Persians.

Most stuff on the board is rule clarifications and bug reports. What's going on in your current game? (And how do you think it'll turn out?)

In my current game I'm playing a Wales that's swallowed England, Scotland, and southern Spain. I have dynasty members in Brittany(+Normandy) and Denmark(+Flanders) and independent Lothringa and Sicily. All race to swallow up a piece of Muslim-France before HRE blobs even bigger. I struggle to quell rebellions newly conquested Egypt/Syria and once I've done so I'll switch to it and grant Uber-Wales independence and see how my dynasty fares on it's own. Norway controls nearly all of Scandinavia but seems happy to bide it's time. Rus is getting eaten by the Golden Horde and Croatian-Hungary, ERE has detonated into two dozen fussy fiefdoms, while the (multi-duchied) pope's armies conquest unceasingly against Christian and Muslim alike in northern Italy.

How I think it'll turn out: The Western Wales bloc and HRE will detente and carve up the rest of the Muslims. Croatian-Hungary will head east after the Golden Horde dies off and chomp former Rus. ERE does nothing but play whack-a-mole with itself. Meanwhile Christianized Egypt/Syria will hopefully eat the Persians.

I just finished a Irish game, it was a doozie, and I had to cheat once to save myself from Scotland and Wales claiming pretty much all of my land at the same time. Anyways, the game was interesting. My first Duke was blown up with manure, second Duke had the slow trait, third duke died after 5 years of rule, his son took over who had the homosexual trait, then I went to war with Scotland and Wales, he died a maimed cripple, his son would die another maimed cripple 5 years later, then the only heir was a woman, so the dutchess actually ruled for a while until she was thrown off a cliff in her carriage, then her brother took over (dunno why he didn't get first dibs in the first place), he fought even more, became a maimed cripple, saw his wife die suspiciously, then managed to marry the queen of Scotland at age 35 (she was 27), but couldn't make the million dollar baby with her cause he died 5 years afterwards too, his first son took over, tried to remarry the queen but she wouldn't let him control the kids, and then he took over Wales, and I'm sure I missed some people since by this time it was late 1200's and I gave up after I gave too much land to too many people and they all started revolting plus Scotland decided to war me again.

But on a positive note I created the Kingdom of Ireland and Kingdom of Wales. I'm pretty sure if I planned it out better Scotland and England would be a breeze. Make dat dere empire.

Right now I'm playing as England, I have Munster, Normandy, Anjou and Deheubarth. My King is the only son of Robert of Maine, who died of stress, thankfully. He's a pretty decent fella, not hated, not entirely loved and will never match William the Conquerer in score, he'll get about 3k max where as William got 9k.

So, all is well in England and Britain as a whole. France is a mess of independent states and constant civil wars, Spain is Navarra and Barcelona, both of which have been getting pounded by Muslims and I've been doing my best to help them when I can. Sicily got invaded and the d'hauteviles became muslim, the ones who refused to submit ended up in my courts, the HRE is slowly making progress in Sicily though, so that wont be an issue. The Fatmids own the majority of ERE and invaded French Jerusalem, so a whole line of Capets are now Muslim, and they took the county of Brabant with them, I doubt it'll stay Fatmid long. The Seljuks were overthrown early on by some other tribe, but the new tribe is doing fairly well. Rus is also doing really well but I haven't been watching them, even though I've married off all my daughters to Rurikovich's.

That's about it so far.

United the "Empire" of Hispania with a Muslim ruler... in the beginning they were all dying of wounds and battle, but now I am at peace and I am just chilling in my court, converting provinces, killings herectics who won't convert, etc

Currently waiting for my 72-year old mother to die so I can inherit an independent duchy of Lancaster that covers about a quarter of England and half of Scotland. To show her maternal affection, she occasionally joins in on rebellions by my vassals... on their side.

Started as duke of Östergötland in Sweden (11 year old boy at start) and let my Nordic Pagan father educate me, which made me pagan. Erik the heathen didn't want to try to usurp the Kingdom, even though he hated the king very much, so I thought I'd try to fabricate a claim on Sweden through a plot. Then, just a few days after starting the plot, the Pope gave me, a Nordic Pagan, the permission to depose of my liege (I know, lol!), which gave me an instant claim on the Kingdom of Sweden. Shortly thereafter I launched a war against the king and, with the help of Erik's successor, conquered the kingdom.

Now I am working on uniting Scandinavia under one Nordic banner and I have already conquered big parts of Norway.

Playing as a 'Bey' (Count) in the Sultanate of Rum. What do I expect to happen? Probably lose, my liege and king got too involved in fighting Seljuk wars and is now getting picked apart from the Fatimids and the Byzantines. My character personally is doing quite well, and I slaughtered my court Imam to take his Mosque holding and then married his Greek Orthodox wife.

Playing as the heirs of the atheling as King in Jerusalem... I had to be a bit gamey to get him to that point, but once he had a few counties I let it play out. After the first King in Jerusalem was deposed by his son, I managed to get the legitimate son of my bastard as King of England, so the house of Wessex has been Kings of England for the past 150 years. My genius King managed to hold onto his Kingdom of Jerusalem long enough for his imbecile great grandson to inherit at the age of 6 (his younger twin brother wasn't an imbecile). Strangely he was the most successful of my monarchs, living to the ripe old age of 80 and finally being succeeded by his own son, who was promptly killed by a snake bite, a rolling carriage, highwaymen and an exploding building all at the same time. By this point lisps had been unluckily bred into the main royal line. The next King saw an opportunity to strike and claim the last holdings to create the Kingdom of Arabia when most of the Fatamids were in rebellion. He just succeeded after ten years of War. In the meantime my wife is poised to inherit the Kingdom of Aquitaine and my nephew by my younger brother the Kingdom of France. The Byzantine empire is still holding strong and has actually expanded almost to my border... if I want to expand further it will probably have to be in the direction of Egypt.

Playing my first game on Very Hard as the count of Weimar in the HRE. More or less impossible to break out.

I took over a county (Plauen) from my duke (Meissen) within about ~20 years but about the same time the Duchy of Brunswick declared war, forcing me to surrender and transfer my vassalage... so my original plan, which was to get another county and then take over from my duke, fell to tatters. Duchy of Brunswick is massive, no way I can challenge.

So after a bit of building I declare holy war on what's left of the pagans to the north and acquire four counties. My original count dies a few years later in his 60s. His heir does nothing because he really can't - I'm hemmed in - until he manages to fabricate a claim on Sjaeland, one of the island territories between Denmark and Sweden. With some mercenary help I take that from the ruling Saxon Band, and that's where I am at the moment... almost 80 years and frustratingly slow progress. My current ruler is about to die, his heir is a duke in Hungary somewhere (it's on Seniority and I have no idea how but this guy ended up a duke through marriage) so maybe I can relocate and keep pushing.

Busting out of the HRE is tough...

My current game is in 1300 so not much time left. Duchy of Salerno---> Kingdom of Italy. I started with Mark (cak) De la Roma. He had 5 children 3 boys (2 bastard-ed) and 2 girls, one of which had the idiot trait, and the other was a genius. The first son died in battle, the second son was assassinated, leaving the Strong, Ambitious Quick 3rd Bastard son to rule. He had 2 kids, both boys. Who had a war of succession over the Then Kingdom of Sicily. The first (and much better son) won. Changed to free investiture and created a Anti-pope because the real pope had 6 of the 7 bad sins. needless to say My first Anti-Pulpit was raking in the cash. (the real Pulpit was young as was my Anti-Pulpit) The grandchild of my original creation now married into the Duchy of Tuscany (through the duchess) and had 4 children. The only boy (the last one) Inherited the whole shebang And dowed Genoa and Venice through forged claims, He then formed the Kingdom of Italy And through all the Anti-Pulpit money hired every merc with a pulse he could call on then he went after the Still in much revolt HRE over all claims, He won but died 3 months later due to depression Leaving the Kingdom in the hands of His lunatic son Who was killed off leaving a 12 year old child on the throne. Then The Muslims declared Jihad on Salerno (they had long eaten away at Byzantium) After 40 long years and 3 kings the Muslims finally backed down. Then the Illkhanate hit the Muslims like a hammer. This all by the year 1260! I could continue but It would be nothing more then the Muslims eating more land slowly and Europe doing nothing to stop them (except me)

ck2_4.jpg

Pretty much this. 'Great Bulgaria' is an empire tier title I modded in. Been a rough game at times but the vast majority of Russia is now Sunni and the armies of Great Bulgaria stand ready to face the onslaught of the Khan of Khans.

Playing the Hapsburg Count from 1066. Previous thread is accurate about breaking out of the HRE. Tried all the standard moves to begin the game, but none worked. The new plot structure is not helping, but managed to grow a little through marriage. Gavelkind is anthing but kind.

Am trying out planned upgrades posted elsewhere that prescribes which improvements to build in what order. That seems to work out very well for what I"m doing--oh wait, the HRE has switched to medium CA. Now appears as if I'll have to war on some independent states to the south (Brunswick, etc.).

King Maredudd I "The Fanged" finally finished uniting Wales.
Meanwhile, England fell to the Norwegians and then fell apart.

King Owain I grew Wales into a state which included the southern coast of England all the way to Kent, acquired through marriage and very careful pressing of claims.

Wales, while more powerful than England proper, is far weaker than the vast Duchy of Norfolk, whose duke controls the entire north of England, into East Anglia.

Maredudd II has just risen to the throne of England. He is a craven homosexual. Norfolk has just declared war for some old fabricated claims and the Saxon and Breton vassals are pissed.

This is going to get interesting.

Most recently:

My character managed to oversee the independence of Bohemia from the HRE, the unification of Bohemia into a kingdom, and died of syphilis. Unfortunately, his son, a homosexual, and married to his aunt, has had a hard time filling his fathers shoes.

An old king of Aragon is desperately trying to complete the bucket list before it's his time to go. There's counties to be revoked, dukes to be jailed, enemies poisoned. Grandson... Oh the naughty grandson, lazy in his studies. Slothful... So much unlike the rest of his family! In the old times he would have been sent to the monastery for penance. Pah!

Started in 1153 as the Fatimids, now it's 1332, i'm emperor of Arabia, owning all of Africa(except the Mai, who i left alone figuring its not worth the hassle), Arabia, Persia, the middle east up to Armenia, and all of Italy. My decadence is through the roof though so i expect a revolution coming. I cant get it low really, it's at 100% but with a 9% growth no matter what i do, it gets back up in a few months. Guess is should have been murdering or imprisoning a bunch of fools before they went ahead and made 12 more kids. Now i'm stuck in the greatest dynasty, with like 200 kinsmen who all want something. Still, no rebellions yet. I guess my 400k+ army is enough so they dont even try :D

Emir of Jerusalem, 1085 or something like that.

The Sultan, the very own uncle of my character, just sent him in jail. And i have no idea why.

Good relation and all, same religion, no problems. No even a single plot going on or anything.

That's mighty cold.