+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: APD 3.0.8 download/feedback (for AHD v2.31 only)

Quote Originally Posted by SerialCereal View Post
    I'm getting a CTD on the loading screen either during "Creating Rivers" or the step that comes immediately after that. Done a clean install and 3.0.7 loaded perfectly well about 15 minutes ago.
    Delete rivers.bmp from the map folder.

Actually, on second thought, see if clearing the map cache fixes it first.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    Delete rivers.bmp from the map folder.

Actually, on second thought, see if clearing the map cache fixes it first.
    Deleting rivers.bmp did it.
    Destroying blobs since 1995

Since everyone is posting about having problems with the new rivers I guess I should say I had no problems whatsoever. I delete the entire PDM folder every time I install a new version so that everything is re-compiled.

So did I, so it ain't that.

On the plus said, at least I don't think it's WINE's fault anymore.

General
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

The worlds biggest town in the middle of nowhere
    Oh, I have forget to tell you guys this again and again, but the "switch to prosperity" national idea lacks a description

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstruck View Post
    So did I, so it ain't that.

On the plus said, at least I don't think it's WINE's fault anymore.
    Have you tried installing the game the way I do, with the Userdir file? Because I never have any of the problems people report about the map.

EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian View Post
    Which is why people should not use the mod folder, as it clearly still doesn't work properly. They should just install the way I do.

I told Paradox that making two folders was a bad idea, but would they listen to me...
    ok i am sold how do you install?

General
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Ok, so I was thinking on how to fix the Russian economy, why not set further regional capitals for two or three provinces for the Asian part, so all those soldiers dont bankrupt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Connor Mulhern View Post
    Ok, so I was thinking on how to fix the Russian economy, why not set further regional capitals for two or three provinces for the Asian part, so all those soldiers dont bankrupt it?
    Um... how's that supposed to help..? It'll still have to pay for the soldiers. It just won't be able to raise as many units from them.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle

Quote Originally Posted by TiberiusfromSWG View Post
    ok i am sold how do you install?
    First uninstall the game completely (backup your save files first of course), then reinstall it normally. Now this is the important part, when the game has installed to program files (or wherever you tell it to) go into the main VIC2 game folder and create a text file and call it userdir, then open the file and put a single full stop (or period) . and save the file. This file will prevent the game from creating the extra folder in My Docs and any of the weirdness that involves. So then just start up the game and it should work normally from one folder.

Then, I'd recommend creating a copy of the entire game folder (just copy and paste) and put it somewhere else on your hard drive and use this copy for installing mods (so you'll have a clean backup version and also because you don't need to use Steam to run the game that way). Then download the PDM/APD files from the forum and simply copy and paste them over the over the (copy) game folder (overwrite all files when it asks you). Then just delete the map cache like normal and create a desktop shortcut to the game's exe file and the game should run properly with the rivers mod and any other map changes that a mod has.

When a new version of PDM is released simply delete your secondary copy of the game and make another fresh one to install the new PDM files into. The only disadvantage with this method is that you can't have multiple mods installed at the same time.

EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: Rome

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Victoria 2\mod\PDM

i am using windows 7 home edition. i have the steam version of the game AHD. 2.3.1 this is where the mod is installed on my machine, when the launcher comes up the mod section is empty. do i need to install in a different location?

i also tried

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Victoria 2\PDM

but that did not work. and advice would be great. i know i am missing something really obvious.

First uninstall the game completely (backup your save files first of course), then reinstall it normally. Now this is the important part, when the game has installed to program files (or wherever you tell it to) go into the main VIC2 game folder and create a text file and call it userdir, then open the file and put a single full stop (or period) . and save the file. This file will prevent the game from creating the extra folder in My Docs and any of the weirdness that involves. So then just start up the game and it should work normally from one folder.

Then, I'd recommend creating a copy of the entire game folder (just copy and paste) and put it somewhere else on your hard drive and use this copy for installing mods (so you'll have a clean backup version and also because you don't need to use Steam to run the game that way). Then download the PDM/APD files from the forum and simply copy and paste them over the over the (copy) game folder (overwrite all files when it asks you). Then just delete the map cache like normal and create a desktop shortcut to the game's exe file and the game should run properly with the rivers mod and any other map changes that a mod has.

When a new version of PDM is released simply delete your secondary copy of the game and make another fresh one to install the new PDM files into. The only disadvantage with this method is that you can't have multiple mods installed at the same time.

ok tyvm, i will try this now

General

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    Um... how's that supposed to help..? It'll still have to pay for the soldiers. It just won't be able to raise as many units from them.
    Huh, I thought you said somewhere the one of the reasons russia is so weak is that they have to pay for the soldier pops in areas where its hard to build soliders. I dont know, I blurt out ideas, Rylock already knows that and hates me for it ^-^

General

Hey, I would maybe add a militancy increase for catholic countries that are non-italian that attack italian, IRL, the austrian pops would be fairly upset if the kaiser attacked the pope

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Huh, I thought you said somewhere the one of the reasons russia is so weak is that they have to pay for the soldier pops in areas where its hard to build soliders.
    I don't think Naselus said anything like that. *I* said Russia probably has issues because it has so many soldier pops-- a country has to pay for its soldier pops even if it doesn't recruit them-- but it doesn't matter where they are. They could be in three times as many regions and it would still cost them the same.

I dont know, I blurt out ideas, Rylock already knows that and hates me for it ^-^
    Don't take it personally. I'm not a very patient person, particularly when I have to filter ideas through the knowledge of how much personal time and effort it would take to implement them.

Just looking at China and I see that the province Yibin (1585) no longer has a Tibetan core. I think this should be added back since the Tibetans are 25% of the population, that's 178,000 Tibetan POPs, which is about the same amount as in the whole of Tibet-proper. Actually, I already added it back when going through the province files, it'll be in my upload, unless there's some specific reason not to have it.

Also, wasn't there supposed to be Manchu Aristocrats in Peking (1616 - Shuntian), to represent the Ruling Manchu elite? And I think from all that changing around there are still some Manchu Artisan and Farmer POPs that are in Baoding (1612 - Beijing) that are meant to be in the Capital. We really should put some line in those files saying "This is really Peking", etc, because the amount of times I've had to go and check exactly which one is which...

And by the way, if you're looking to break up big regions, some of the states in China have 8, 9 and 10 provinces and enormous populations (I think one has nearly 10 million POPs in it). I know that we changed the Chinese regions for more historical accuracy, but maybe we should reverse that since it's perhaps too easy to take massive chunks out of the country.

General

Just looking at China and I see that the province Yibin (1585) no longer has a Tibetan core. I think this should be added back since the Tibetans are 25% of the population, that's 178,000 Tibetan POPs, which is about the same amount as in the whole of Tibet-proper. Actually, I already added it back when going through the province files, it'll be in my upload, unless there's some specific reason not to have it.

Also, wasn't there supposed to be Manchu Aristocrats in Peking (1616 - Shuntian), to represent the Ruling Manchu elite? And I think from all that changing around there are still some Manchu Artisan and Farmer POPs that are in Baoding (1612 - Beijing) that are meant to be in the Capital. We really should put some line in those files saying "This is really Peking", etc, because the amount of times I've had to go and check exactly which one is which...

And by the way, if you're looking to break up big regions, some of the states in China have 8, 9 and 10 provinces and enormous populations (I think one has nearly 10 million POPs in it). I know that we changed the Chinese regions for more historical accuracy, but maybe we should reverse that since it's perhaps too easy to take massive chunks out of the country.
    It is too easy to take apart China, I took the entire non peking coast and drove half way in, before a stupid war against the Uk that lasted like 10 years and no movment caused me to quit, and dont even get me started on trying to prevent a revolution as qing after you industrialize, there is no way to prevent 90% of your crafties from being unemployed

Purchase of Belize is not work for United States of Central America.

It is too easy to take apart China, I took the entire non peking coast and drove half way in, before a stupid war against the Uk that lasted like 10 years and no movment caused me to quit, and dont even get me started on trying to prevent a revolution as qing after you industrialize, there is no way to prevent 90% of your crafties from being unemployed
    That's pretty much my thoughts on it.

Oh also, I forgot to say that if you want to boost Egypt at the start; give them the "Mandatory Service" mobilization reform, rather then "Four Year Draft".

Another thing, Lan Na is the only country in the world that doesn't have any army at the start (no divisions at all), it should have at least one.
    Last edited by Hibernian; 26-07-2012 at 06:28.

General

That's pretty much my thoughts on it.

Oh also, I forgot to say that if you want to boost Egypt at the start; give them the "Mandatory Service" mobilization reform, rather then "Four Year Draft".
    Well egypt is roughly as strong as its going to get, the issue is that the ottomans are historically too strong, and for good reason. They were just starting to adapt the new reforms, the sultan died days before the crisis started, and the army was fairly unorganized. I think maybe the best way to do it would be to remove their ability to build regulars at the start of the game, decrease the size of their armies, and make all units irregulars/mobile art. But that cannot account for the fact that the Sultan was a bigger idiot than the AI, and that is saying something.

FYI, that was 1901, China was less than half of its former size

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast