+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inheriting the south german federation

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k club

Inheriting the south german federation

Sry if redundant...

How can I inherit them? I got northern bavaria annexed and then they weren't a GP anymore. I started to influence them, got allied, and added them to my sphere.
    Still I can't inherit them! Is it because of my annexed bavaria or what? Prussia has already formed the NGF and I'm in the year 1893.
    „Ich spreche Spanisch zu Gott, Italienisch zu den Frauen, Französisch zu den Männern und Deutsch zu meinem Pferd.“

Karl der V.

"In this game, it’s always best to have an excuse if you want to go to war with someone. It’s as if the world is an easily distracted PE Teacher, happy to wave away any concerns if you have some sort of note but wrathful if you have no good reason for skipping swimming/invading Poland this week."

You need to only have your austrian cores (and austria-hungary can't do it at all IIRC), which means no austrian empire, basically.

Who are you playing as?
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    500k club

Attachment 0

don't know if I uploaded the image correctly. I'm playing as Austria and I have a quite big empire (africa and stuff).
    So does that mean because I have a lot of nonaustrian provinces I can't inherit the SGF? But I formed them also?

Am I at least able to form the German Kaiserreich?
    „Ich spreche Spanisch zu Gott, Italienisch zu den Frauen, Französisch zu den Männern und Deutsch zu meinem Pferd.“

Karl der V.

"In this game, it’s always best to have an excuse if you want to go to war with someone. It’s as if the world is an easily distracted PE Teacher, happy to wave away any concerns if you have some sort of note but wrathful if you have no good reason for skipping swimming/invading Poland this week."

If you become austria-hungary you can't form germany. If you form germany as Austria, keeping hungary and the other stuff is gonna take you over the infamy limit IIRC, but it's doable. But, still, you can just unsphere the SGF and conquer the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMaier View Post
    Attachment 0

don't know if I uploaded the image correctly. I'm playing as Austria and I have a quite big empire (africa and stuff).
    So does that mean because I have a lot of nonaustrian provinces I can't inherit the SGF? But I formed them also?
    Pretty much, yes. You've built a powerful empire in your own right; why should you accept Bavarians as your equals? The Austrian Empire was a big block to Austria being in Germany.

Plus, one GP annexing another, for free, in one fell swoop is obscenely imbalanced.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    Pretty much, yes. You've built a powerful empire in your own right; why should you accept Bavarians as your equals? The Austrian Empire was a big block to Austria being in Germany.

Plus, one GP annexing another, for free, in one fell swoop is obscenely imbalanced.
    Ok, so it means I have to conquer them?
    That with on GP annexing another for free sounds logic for me too, but the SGF is far from beeing one
    Ok so I'm going to conquer them and then try to beat NGF to form germany. This will be tough. Thanks !

Karl der V.

I *may* permit 'complete' Austria to form Germany if it owns all German Cores itself, rather than just having them in SOI. It'd basically just be a tag swap so you can get all the decisions, tho; and I'm not sure that Austria should get the decisions, really, since a lot of them wouldn't be plausible in a non-Prussian led Germany.

General
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

The worlds biggest town in the middle of nowhere
    I *may* permit 'complete' Austria to form Germany if it owns all German Cores itself, rather than just having them in SOI. It'd basically just be a tag swap so you can get all the decisions, tho; and I'm not sure that Austria should get the decisions, really, since a lot of them wouldn't be plausible in a non-Prussian led Germany.
    Its plausable, maybe not areas run by austria, but something like the SGC, Eastern German Confederation, and Western German Confederation all as satellites of Austria, so Austria just gives up its non-german areas, not implausable, just unlikely, but a player might =/

Edit: Also add a special CB for taking small german states (less than 22 infamy, like 7 or something) because for the Unification via conquest it would be impossible to do, but add some other requirements, like not in a sphere of influence
    Last edited by Connor Mulhern; 16-07-2012 at 20:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Connor Mulhern View Post
    Its plausable, maybe not areas run by austria, but something like the SGC, Eastern German Confederation, and Western German Confederation all as satellites of Austria, so Austria just gives up its non-german areas, not implausable, just unlikely, but a player might =/
    I meant a lot of the Germany-specific decisions don't make the slightest bit of sense in a non-Prussian Germany - like 'Kaiserwilhelmsland' would be a very odd thing for Kaiser Franz Joseph to name an island...

General
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

The worlds biggest town in the middle of nowhere
    I meant a lot of the Germany-specific decisions don't make the slightest bit of sense in a non-Prussian Germany - like 'Kaiserwilhelmsland' would be a very odd thing for Kaiser Franz Joseph to name an island...
    Its just the CB is to motivate people to be active and fight the Prussians, because right now what makes the most sense it let them form the NGC, take a couple of states, lets others do the same, then liberate those states, then rinse and repeat. I know a ton does not make sense, but what can you do sometimes?

MM Prime Minister in Exile Vishaing's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Actually what makes the most sense is to let the South-German States do the heavy lifting for you.

Declare war on Prussia with minimal war goals (try to assert Hegemony on, say, Frankfurt, should cost around 4 war score, you want as much left over war score available as possible. Let your Spherelings occupy at least something while you pound all of Prussia into the dirt, they will start adding 'Take State' War Goals, or conquering small German Powers, but they probably won't get enough to become a GP, though watch out if they do.

Then when you form the SGF, you will get all of the land they took for 0 infamy because the decision inherits the South German States and then Releases the SGF, leaving all of the provinces that aren't South German Culture in your tender care.

Now just watch out, as the SGF will probably become a GP since if you have done your job properly Prussia will have been reduced to two states (Brandenburg+Pommerania) and probably won't even be a Secondary Power anymore, but you should just need to take 1-2 states from them to permanently knock them down. I go with Baden and Wurtemburg personally. Alternatively you could free Baden and Wurtemburg and then go the long way of annexing the rest, which is likely where the majority of their Industry+Military capability is anyways.

Fun fact: If you have a subject that is dangerously close to becoming a GP, look around for whoever is in 10th place and invest like crazy into their industry. You might be able to buff them up to 9th place to give yourself a one country Buffer. Belgium/The Netherlands/Brazil are good Candidates for this.
    Imperium in Imperio -:- EUIV Edition CKII Edition

Vishaing's Idea Corner -:- EUIV Modding Tools, Areas of Interest, Free Relations, Simple Character System, Re-Re-Thinking Ideas, War and Peace, Simplified Population System, Reforming Monarch Points, Fixing Rotten Attitudes

NOTE: Your Definition of 'soon' Might differ from Mine.

+ Reply to Thread