+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No infamy/stability drop for DOW and annexing! Why?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome Gold500k clubCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

No infamy/stability drop for DOW and annexing! Why?

I was surprised that, despite not having a CB as Rome against Carthage, I could DOW without suffering a stabilty drop and didn't incur any infamy for annexing 4 provinces.

Is that because I have the active mission to destroy Carthage?

I read somewhere that Rome had a core on the Western half of Sicily (Panormus...?), but that's not true, at least not for version 2.3.6... so that can't be it.

Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the Arcane

It is because the civ-level of Rome is atleast 20 more then that of Carthage, in that case no CB is needed. Pretty handy for Rome as its starting civ is 90 and can therefore attack most other countries without bothering with having a CB. At 474 only Egypt, the Achaean League, Pergamon and Epirus IIRC have more then 70 so are the only ones a CB is needed against (of course civ-levels may and will change during the game changing the situation), and of those only Egypt have at least 80 so is always safe (as civ-level can't be higher then 100).
    Still playing EU:Rome? Might check out my litte Rome mod

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome Gold500k clubCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Thanks Lofman.
    I didn't check Carthage's civ level - simply assuming it would be about as high as Rome's. It is - I must say - a bit weird to assume that Rome could attack Carthage without commotion because Carthage was considered a barbaric state like the Celtic tribes...

I would have preferred the mission as a reason...

+ Reply to Thread