+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inquiry

Inquiry

I haven't played Rome in a good long while and therefore havent kept up with its updates and the like. The one reason why I got tired of the game was how irritating the spoils system was. Conquer a nation of 20 provinces, get to claim 3. That annoyed me greatly lol. I'm really wanting to buy it again and play it but I want to know it that issue was ever fixed?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome Gold500k club

Well, the war points system is quite common in Paradox games (don't know whether you ever played Europa Universalis) and is, probably, considered more historical than a "occupy 20 provinces, keep them all" system - like Rome taking 3 wars to destroy Carthage... So, I don't think that most gamers would consider it an issue, but rather like it. 3 out 20 sounds extreme, that would be very precious provinces then, I assume, but normally, it would be more than that.

Short answer: No.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindRome Gold
    CK2: Holy Knight500k club

You could make simple mod by editing defines.txt how many provinces are allowed for annexing.

Also, i think some mods have already changed how much provinces cost war score etc.(sorry, i fail to remember which ones though).

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival2211 View Post
    Well, the war points system is quite common in Paradox games (don't know whether you ever played Europa Universalis) and is, probably, considered more historical than a "occupy 20 provinces, keep them all" system - like Rome taking 3 wars to destroy Carthage... So, I don't think that most gamers would consider it an issue, but rather like it. 3 out 20 sounds extreme, that would be very precious provinces then, I assume, but normally, it would be more than that.

Short answer: No.
    Yeah, I guess you're right. At the time it was rather annoying after beating an enemy and only getting what I thought were minor concessions lol and yes, I have played EU. Thank you for the input, guess I'll go buy it again lol

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

If I remember correctly Cheexsta made a mod that aallowed you to demand more provinces in pace deals by reducing the civilization value of conquered provinces, and then reverting them back to their previous values once the war was over. I don't know what happened to it, and I kind of doubt that it works with the current versions of the game either without some customization.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindRome Gold
    CK2: Holy Knight500k club

I think there should also be an event that will give you the occupied province after certain amount of time (randomly). You could make the mtth shorter so it would occur more frequently.

Another inquiry. As far the updates go, if you buy the gold version it'll update the two games to each of their respected current updates correct?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome Gold500k club

I' m not sure whether I fully understood your question. Well, I bought the Gold version and patched it up to 2.3.6. I wouldn't say it's 2 games - more that the Vae victis add-on replaces the original game by enhancing it.

EU3 CompleteMagickaRome Gold500k club

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMaverick View Post
    Another inquiry. As far the updates go, if you buy the gold version it'll update the two games to each of their respected current updates correct?
    Well Rome Gold contains both the Vae Victis expansion and the original Rome, and the presence of Vae Victis means you don't need any more updates for the original game, if you know what I mean.
    "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

'Regency' Mod for Rome

+ Reply to Thread