• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you don't want to war with Germany, there is still plenty you could do. For starters, When WWII starts (can't remember if it has yet in this AAR), join it. If you are still allied with Russia, do it as a fourth, independent, alliance that you will slowly build up. If not, maybe consider joining Mitteleuropa.

I was on my phone when I posted that so it didn't make a great deal of sense:D

I will almost certainly end up at war with Germany. I did so in my previous game as well. In my previous game Germany was another AD and was getting stomped by the syndies so I acceptall'd a peace with them since they are a major and won't ever peace you after you get into a war with them. I didn't do it because I was having any trouble with them, I did it for their own sake. Realistically Germany would not continue a war vs. Russia and China while getting stomped by UoB, France, Spain and Italy so I thought it appropriate. In this game I wouldn't use the acceptall cheat unless I needed to do it for Germany's benefit.

I do plan to continue the AAR after reuniting China if there continues to be any interest, I just don't have a firm plan for what the goals will be or the justification. It may be simply an ideological crusade. Wiping out global syndicalism, etc. It may be something else.

I may try to resurrect this aar soon. When the game siezed up I forgot to load the autosave and save it as Qing. I was looking at some European countries for a possible future AAR and it autosaved over this Qing game. I would have to go back and replay the war with Japan, which would turn out the same, I'm sure, but I wasn't sure if it would appear that I was just replaying parts to get the outcome I wanted, which I find gamey.

I've really fallen in love with DH lite, which brings some of the things I love about DH but keeps the older brighter look of HOI2, which I prefer. As such, I'm not sure if I'll resurrect this or start an AAR as, maybe NatChi or Italy in DH lite.