• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

bookcase.cat

Private
2 Badges
Jan 29, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
Created another thread, and then I found this one, how embarassing..
Reposting here, so:
Some suggestions to traits, ally interaction, levy rising and searching for suitable council candidate
1) Is it possible to rebalance trait system? You can see women-expirienced troop leaders, ingenius imbecils, trusting deceitful persons, etc currently in the game.
2) Currently you can raise your levies, lead them thousand miles away from home, dismiss there - and get them again for raising in home province the same moment - which is ridiculous and ruins strategic aspect of war.
3) Is it possible to add means for inviting some person to your court for granting him position in council? Currently, when I haven't got a suitable council candidate at my court and is trying to find one in my realm and invite him, even if he has appropriate ambition on him and doesn't have any job position or land titles in his homeland, he will refuse due to "base reluctance and no reason to move". Its understandable, of course, but how should I convey to him that actually there is a reason - a council position I'm intending to offer? An, of course, if he'll lose the job, he can return home again (probably, on random dice throw or something, taking into account how long he stayed and does he have huge cultural\religious differences with local population and nobles)
4) Is it possible to make some controls to interact in some way with your allies during a war? Currently their movements rather hectic, and you can't predict them effectivly and plan general strategy. You can't say "hey, lets team up and go break that siege on nearby ally castle" or "please, help me, I'm your nephew and invading army of infidels smash me really bad", and they can't neither. Let's do an example: foreign army closing borders of your kingom and you are humble count. Your king raising levies, but it isn't enough, and you and some other loyal vassals raise your personal levies and hire additional mercs rather than seat in their castles waiting for them been taken down one by one. So now you all need some means to propose campaings to other nobles leading their armies in vicinity and make plans together (like choosing in diplomacy menu "propose campaign" or "propose allied assault"), and receive tasks from your liege (like "head to that province and break siege here" or "I'm planing descisive battle here and will need your asisstance ASAP"). Something like that already have been presented in Mount&Blade series, so I don't think it impossible to implement.
The probability of them cooperating should depend on their opinion of you, are they your allies (I mean through marriage) or not, on their personal judging of situation and probability of gaining faim and glory and loot against possibility to perish in uneven battle, on your personal (and, may be, state) martial skill's relation to their (so, even if you've got 10, while they have at most 5 they will listen to you open-mouthly), on some specific traits (so, even if you are God of War if you've got some "Proud" and "Stupid" and "Stubborn" snob as the allied troop leader, there is a huge chance he will turn your great plan down just because he doesn't like the idea of some smartass ordering him around and teaching how to wage his wars; or he is just plain "Coward" and refuse to participate even having army twice bigger; or he is "Paranoid" or you luring him to clever set up trap, etc), on your prestige (little, so) and on size of your army relatively to their. Think this will enhance war aspect of the game greatly, currently it is way too simplistic and decorative.

Reposted this to the "1.07 suggestions and wishes" so this thread is abandoned now.

Last edited:
Is it possible to add means for inviting some person to your court for granting him position in council?[/COLOR] Currently, when I haven't got a suitable council candidate at my court and is trying to find one in my realm and invite him, even if he has appropriate ambition on him and doesn't have any job position or land titles in his homeland, he will refuse due to "base reluctance and no reason to move". Its understandable, of course, but how should I convey to him that actually there is a reason - a council position I'm intending to offer? An, of course, if he'll lose the job, he can return home again (probably, on random dice throw or something, taking into account how long he stayed and does he have huge cultural\religious differences with local population and nobles)

Well, I hope you get answers, although limiting threads to one main theme may help.

The above question is interesting in that there are numerous ways to gain councilors:

a) The most basic way is to "invite noble to court." Generally if one has an open council seat the noble that appears is one best prepared to fill it.

b) Another way to gain good courtiers is to hunt around neighboring courts (duchys and county's) and press the "claimants" button. Here will appear a list of characters with some of them very willing to move immediately to your court. Simply check-out their attributes first, and sometimes they turn out very good.

c) The character tab, followed by filtering for your religion, culture, etc. If the "realm" is large enough use that filter, else wise use the "all" filter. Sort the list by the requisite attribute, and begin at the top. If your character has high piety and/or prestige it's not so much of a problem, but you still may have to go with Culture:"any" to broaden the base a bit. Cultural impacts for marshal or steward, etc. are insignificant IMO. If you're in a minority or early reign, you'll have to go way down the list before finding a suitable candidate, and for that reason it may be more expedient to go with option a).

D) GOLD. Even with high prestige one will need to spread some gold around in order to get the best councilors. Be willing to throw out a couple hundred gold to get what you want. If you're just a duke or a count and don't have those kinds of resources, then be prepared to spend additional time locating courtiers. Also, check the stats of existing courtiers, that marshal may have better steward traits than your steward, etc. Re-use, recycle, and when they change posts be liberal with non-landed titles to keep them happy.

Valentinan, I've already reposted this in more appropriate thred, but thanks for answers. I know all the ways you are talking about, still:
a) I'm not shure, but at least sometimes you cannot invite just exact one you need - I couldn't invite schemer for spymaster position playing persian count yesterday. And, you know, that cost money, and if you a count - a lump sum of money cause you budget is small.
b) yes it is. but this brings too much unnecessary microcontrol even to single player games and bring up a problem of him disliking you due to you won't pushing his claims
c) That's exactly how I'm doing it, but it won't work - even if candidate of your religion and culture, has no job and titles, he can't be invited due to "base reluctance and no reason to move". He have to hate his liege and like you in addition, then MAY BE he will agree. But this is simply stupid - I think many courtiers would consider proposal to move if they knew for shure it for becoming a councilor abroad.
d) And again, money - 200 gold it's a HUGE summ for some count and even duke.