+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Add-on] Reclaiming the Imperium Romanum

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by galdor123 View Post
    Very nice idea! But will it not be too difficult to achieve? Owning all those cities will be hard enough (but probably doable), but also having cores on all of them? Several of those provinces are bound to be wrong religion/ wrong culture (and you cannot maintain you National Focus on all of them, obviously), and if you're unlucky, they might not core for a few centuries after they're taken.
    I think the goal of the mini-mod is to give the player a massive objective to spend the game aiming for. Once they get it done the game might as well be over because I don't think anything could stand up to a blob of that magnitude.

Malicite, curse you and your stealth edits. The new localisation is better IMO.
    Ex-MEIOU fellow (on a long unplanned hiatus, may go back later) - AARland Fan of the Week: 3 Feb '13

<Between Characters> in ThunderHawk3's Edge of Europe - A Belgian Interactive AAR (Previous characters: Palomer, Cartier,
    Jean de Cro˙, Willems-Hopegood)

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by galdor123 View Post
    Very nice idea! But will it not be too difficult to achieve? Owning all those cities will be hard enough (but probably doable), but also having cores on all of them? Several of those provinces are bound to be wrong religion/ wrong culture (and you cannot maintain you National Focus on all of them, obviously), and if you're unlucky, they might not core for a few centuries after they're taken.
    It should be difficult. Of course, it is always possible to lower the core time or remove the core requirements... But it should, indeed, be a massive goal.
    GENERATION 38: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    -General Norman Schwarzkopf
    (Sorry, I just had to! :P)

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagickaVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I was wondering about removing some of the core requirements on the capitals so you only need a certain amount of them cored or specific ones cored.

That's an idea.. Which core requirements would you keep?
    GENERATION 38: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."

Quote Originally Posted by NorwayBernd View Post
    That's an idea.. Which core requirements would you keep?
    If I were doing it, which I'm not because Malicite beat me and I'm feeling lazy, I'd make it like the standard MEIOU nation formations which use the 'claim_on_x' system. Every time you get the annual event it calculates how many of the required provinces you have and the decision to make the nation requires a number that represents a large fraction thereof.
    Ex-MEIOU fellow (on a long unplanned hiatus, may go back later) - AARland Fan of the Week: 3 Feb '13

<Between Characters> in ThunderHawk3's Edge of Europe - A Belgian Interactive AAR (Previous characters: Palomer, Cartier,

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagickaVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

If I knew how to make one of those claim systems I'd be all for it. I tried to look up where they were in the MEIOU files but I'm not sure where they are. I assume it's more than just saying check_variable = { which = "claim_on_imperium_capitals" value = 5 }. There should still be requirements to have some of the cores though, but really London and Paris shouldn't need cores I'd think. Maybe keep it centered to needing cores in the Italian/Greece area.

Quote Originally Posted by Malicite View Post
    If I knew how to make one of those claim systems I'd be all for it. I tried to look up where they were in the MEIOU files but I'm not sure where they are. I assume it's more than just saying check_variable = { which = "claim_on_imperium_capitals" value = 5 }. There should still be requirements to have some of the cores though, but really London and Paris shouldn't need cores I'd think. Maybe keep it centered to needing cores in the Italian/Greece area.
    That seems like a great idea!
    And I think it is that simple, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Malicite View Post
    Open up one of the Yearly On Action event files and search for "claim_on_greatbritain". It's not as complex and you might think.

Oh, wow, there they are. Yeah that seems pretty easy then. Alright I can do up one of those. I think Ostmark should be added in as a capital which for now would bring the total to 21 I believe. Any ideas for how many should be owned? Is it normally done on a percent scale?

Edit:It's big so it's not stealth right?

What do we think about the claim using vassals and PUs? I think personal unions should count as it's the same ruler for that but vassals are another matter. Would be interesting if you could add a .5 ownership from a PU.
    Last edited by Malicite; 17-07-2012 at 05:02.

In this case I'd say ignore vassals/PUs. It's supposed to be your cores, not those of states you've conquered/married into. Try it at 16 capitals (75%+1) for now.

Yeah, I agree with Sirk there.

Alright then full ownership it is! Also, Sirk I came up with the same number the same way :P

Great!

Also, I noticed in the coding you've posted (since I cannot open the .7z file and look at its contents) that there isn't something like { capital_scope = imperial_region } in the potential section. Is this because it isn't possible (it's only possible to check the continents, not regions) or did you forget it? (or is it included in the file in the zipfile?)

Ah, I figured there was something I had overlooked. Since we've changed the requirements to a variable claim, what specific cores do you think should be had?

Here's what I have for the claim btw:

Code:
    set_variable = { which = "claim_on_imperium_capitals" value = 0 }
    any_owned = {
    	limit = {
    		region = imperium_capitals
    	}
    	owner = { change_variable = { which = "claim_on_imperium_capitals" value = 1 } }
    				}

Also, I noticed in the coding you've posted (since I cannot open the .7z file and look at its contents) that there isn't something like { capital_scope = imperial_region } in the potential section. Is this because it isn't possible (it's only possible to check the continents, not regions) or did you forget it? (or is it included in the file in the zipfile?)
    I think the check would be something like:
    Code:
    imperium = {
        AND = {
            is_capital = yes
            owner = THIS
        }
    }
    (PRE-POSTING EDIT): The claim_on looks fine. Make sure you put it in every YoA file. As for mandatory cores, I'd say Roma at least, maybe Constantinople too. It's NorwayBernd's mod though.

Well, the Italian and Greek cities are the most important. I'm thinking Rome, Constantinople, Milano, Athens Alexandria and Jerusalem.

Edit: Alexandria and Jerusalem just because they're extremely important religious cities.
    Last edited by NorwayBernd; 17-07-2012 at 06:05.

Quote Originally Posted by SirkTheMonkey View Post
    I think the check would be something like:
    Code:
    imperium = {
        AND = {
            is_capital = yes
            owner = THIS
        }
    }
    (PRE-POSTING EDIT): The claim_on looks fine. Make sure you put it in every YoA file. As for mandatory cores, I'd say Roma at least, maybe Constantinople too. It's NorwayBernd's mod though.
    Thanks, I didn't realise it needed to be all of the YoA events.

Well, the Italian and Greek cities are the most important. I'm thinking Rome, Constantinople, Milano, Athens Alexandria and Jerusalem.

Edit: Alexandria and Jerusalem just because they're extremely important religious cities.
    Alright then, Norway, I'll make it those places then!

Fantastic!

Here is the new updated version of the mod. I also added some more suited fleet/army names and fixed up the leader names. All names are from actual people and things according to Wiki. Also, anyone know what ADJ and ADJ2 are used for specifically? Using different wording for different things would be neat.

Edit: Moved down the forum.
    Last edited by Malicite; 19-07-2012 at 12:17.

Um... Have you actually checked whether there's a nation with the IRO tag already? IRO.gfx exists already as the flag of (what appears to be, judging from the flag) Iroquois...

EDIT: installed the minimod regardless, and got the following error message that seemingly has nothing to do with it:

Odd, since I can find neither discfile.cpp nor Essex.txt. The absence of the latter is probably the problem, but how do I fix it?

I'll start a new thread.
    Last edited by NorwayBernd; 19-07-2012 at 10:47.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast