The E3 Map Project for Darkest Hour - 1000's of New Provinces

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
From a practical point of view I have concerns...

Modding: Yes, secedeprovince, is also now secedearea and secederegion, Good!

But addclaim, addcore, removecore, etc etc are all still working only on the province level. Look at the amount of provinces! It will add serious extra work, serious length to text files, which means less mods will be taken to completion.

Will the DH game engine actually cope with this level of provinces?

Has anyone checked?

I've taken a look at the map and I can only say there's so much awesomeness in it that the only thing more awesome than it is Chuck Norris and Mr. T in the same building playing DH with this map.

Yes, I'm also quite fond of this map. Even Prekmurje for a historical partition of Yugoslavia is included. Good work! :)

The only major flaw I see is the "naming" of some provinces. "Kam'ânec-'-Podil's'kij", for example, reads like some kind of Hollywood alien name and looks nauseatingly ugly on the map.

EDIT: Oh, and I would love to see Qeshm as a separate province.

Is this gonna be add to 1.3 patch??

Reactions:
Is this gonna be add to 1.3 patch??

i don't think so, DH has a mapper of its own, conflict of philosophy will keep this from happening
i also don't think this map is finished yet, and if implemented into 1.3, there will be need for more tedious testing for AIs
production will need to be adjusted, because you can't cover that many provinces

1.3 is unlikely, but in the future... maybe

Nice idea for new map. One pet peeve that I would love to see fixed is for the USA to have realistic state borders if possible. I mean, half of the states look like blobs when they should look like squares in the midwest. . I never understood the reasoning for this. It does look like the states are impoved on this map but I still have hope for more like V2 map borders.

Germany should have a claim on Bielsko, as it is a territory lost due to the Treaty of Versailles.

Well, this was supposed to be in the HoI III forum before it was moved, I was trying to address a major issue those guys had with the game. So, sorry that the wording on the first pages makes absolutely no sense since it is now in the DH forum...

Will the DH game engine actually cope with this level of provinces?

Has anyone checked?

I downloaded the alpha, seems to run fine.

If this is ever done can we use it for the MDSDH map?

wait, so does that mean- modern era has merged with MDS2?
also Wolfnacht sparked my interest on a totally unrelated yet trivial question
as seen from #164

i can't help but wonder- Xie's a gurl? or not a gurl?
of course, Xie you don't have to answer, i'm just letting my curiosity get the best of me

Last edited:
Nice though personally I would prefer the traced border limits of DH than those huge solid lines.

There are currently 5471 provinces, plus about 230 provinces in China, in total it will be around 5700 provinces, plus another few hundred in the USA, Canada, Australasia and Pacific, so there will be more than 6000 provinces. :D

There are currently 5471 provinces, plus about 230 provinces in China, in total it will be around 5700 provinces, plus another few hundred in the USA, Canada, Australasia and Pacific, so there will be more than 6000 provinces. :D

@mumia: Can I ask you, have you made any advances in the area of event commands regarding your map?

I mean: we can secedeprovince, secedearea and secederegion, but as far as I know, we cannot yet :

removecore, addcore, addclaim, removeclaim etc (adding area and region) i.e. removearea, removeregion..... for events where land and countries get annexed. It is already a nightmare if you have to annex a place like the USA, and would be even more so if you are using your map for modding... Can you please tell me if you have any information regarding this?