• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i wonder how the AI will react if the commonwealth forces break out of croatia and go for austria. i think the germans would then pull back massive amounts of troops to defend the fatherland and the eastern front would collapse. but in game they can even ignore it, lose germany and you'd still have hundreds of german divisions in russia and ukraine.

This is the most competent Allied AI I've ever seen... normally they end up getting crushed up in the arse end of Greece.

I have also have not seen the Commonwealth act so aggressive (first landing in Greece, Liberating Norway and the landing on the Croatian coast), in Hoi2 It most of the time just waited after conquering North Africa or invade wit one single light tank division. I must say that this is my first real action in DH so I cant really compare wit other campaigns I had in DH.

Excellent AAR. It seemed like you were going to turn the tide by winter '41 but the German AI has kept plugging away, and the eastern front remains very tense. Very interesting to see that Japan and China remain locked in conflict in the Far East, and that the two pronged allied attack in southern Europe appears to be gathering momentum. The Croatian landing, should it succeed, does not bode well for the eventual Soviet advance however! We may have a far more easterly iron curtain than normal.

Thx, I also thought that I was turning the tide winter 1941 (successful recapture of Narva and kicking Finland out of the war), it even made me think that hard was not hard enough :p, but 1942 made me change my mind.
I still hope for a huge counterattack by the Axis in the Balkan, but I fear that will not happen. Although they have been pushing the allies back on the southern part of that front.

i wonder how the AI will react if the commonwealth forces break out of croatia and go for austria. i think the germans would then pull back massive amounts of troops to defend the fatherland and the eastern front would collapse. but in game they can even ignore it, lose germany and you'd still have hundreds of german divisions in russia and ukraine.

Let’s hope for the first so I can start my bloody road to Berlin! Second would be a worse case scenario and devastating to the AAR.